The Golf Ramble Thread

Had a foursome check in at 12:11. Probably got out about 12:20. They just headed to #10 3 hours later.

They must have let about seven groups behind them through, because on one complained.

At least they let people through!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is the year I stop obsessing over hitting a draw. A fade is natural to me, a ball flight I feel more comfortable and consistent with and taking away half the course in terms of a miss is a big part of it. Having a two way miss can destroy a round for me and I spent most of my golf life hitting a fade. Trying to keep up with others and obsessing over the potential of added yardage is getting old

I think this is the year I stop obsessing over hitting a draw. A fade is natural to me, a ball flight I feel more comfortable and consistent with and taking away half the course in terms of a miss is a big part of it. Having a two way miss can destroy a round for me and I spent most of my golf life hitting a fade. Trying to keep up with others and obsessing over the potential of added yardage is getting old
Haha. I'm laughing because this is me in a bizarro world. You should've seen my "cut" swing yesterday that resulted in my tee shot "only drawing a few yards…"

It's the constant chase for better. I love hitting a draw…you know…except for when the hole is a dogleg right or there is a wall of trees overhanging the right side of the tee box like ALWAYS.

Haha. I'm laughing because this is me in a bizarro world. You should've seen my "cut" swing yesterday that resulted in my tee shot "only drawing a few yards…"

It's the constant chase for better. I love hitting a draw…you know…except for when the hole is a dogleg right or there is a wall of trees overhanging the right side of the tee box like ALWAYS.

Lol there isn't much better is golf than watching that towering draw ball flight and after playing with Winchell and watching him do it effortlessly that's all I wanted to do. But ever since I tried drawing the ball more often my FIR has suffered tremendously. And there's no worse feeling than standing on a tee box and having no clue where the ball is going

I really LOL'd over this as I feel PhillyV's pain, going through the exact same thing. It's just impossible for me to shut the face the right amount, when I do get it shut, hello snap hook! It's one of those grass is always greener things. On my home course I always think about how every hole would be better played with a draw.

Lol there isn't much better is golf than watching that towering draw ball flight and after playing with Winchell and watching him do it effortlessly that's all I wanted to do. But ever since I tried drawing the ball more often my FIR has suffered tremendously. And there's no worse feeling than standing on a tee box and having no clue where the ball is going

You been hanging out in my head lately? I'm at the point I just hope I make contact and it goes forward.

Wow. So much work changing from one owner to another. Rates, different price breaks, adding walking, adding nine holes, a bunch of new membership sku's to check them in. Finally trying to finalize tournaments, updating websites. Along with all the other stuff that needs to get done.

I don't have enough hours in a day and I put in 56 hours last week. I am going to be close to that this week. At least I am hourly so I am getting overtime.

Plus selling insurance. Wintertime is when I am supposed to be able to work more on my own business.

Wow. So much work changing from one owner to another. Rates, different price breaks, adding walking, adding nine holes, a bunch of new membership sku's to check them in. Finally trying to finalize tournaments, updating websites. Along with all the other stuff that needs to get done.

I don't have enough hours in a day and I put in 56 hours last week. I am going to be close to that this week. At least I am hourly so I am getting overtime.

Plus selling insurance. Wintertime is when I am supposed to be able to work more on my own business.
I hope your new owner appreciates you. Overall, do you think it will be a better place to work?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I hope your new owner appreciates you. Overall, do you think it will be a better place to work?

As long as they pay the bills. The old owner was behind on everything. By months. Had the cable shut off once (luckily got it turned back on before we had customers), nearly had the gas and electric shut off multiple times. Along with many other suppliers.

As long as they pay the bills. The old owner was behind on everything. By months. Had the cable shut off once (luckily got it turned back on before we had customers), nearly had the gas and electric shut off multiple times. Along with many other suppliers.
Wow.... Sorry you had to go through that. I really hope that the new guy can turn things around.

I didn't post about it Sunday, but it's been in my head all week.

STREAKY PUTTING!!! I had 13 putts on the front 9 where everything was falling or at least good lag putting. Even dropped a 20'er. Then on the back I had 21 putts and couldn't make anything outside of 4' and had three 3-putts. I had the same amount of GIR's on each side also, it was just that much difference in the quality of putting.

I've been practicing putting a lot this winter and getting a lot better, I'm hoping I just fell of the wagon on the back and went to the old stroke. I'd be REALLY pleased with some more 13 putt 9's.

Recent swing changes has me hitting a nice tight cut that I was able to hit where I wanted when I was in Florida. Try to hit a draw and I had no clue where it was going- pull, snap hook, block, slice your guess was as good as mine.

Heck when I played with milk man last month I missed every fairway I tried to draw the ball from the tee box. I'm going back to the cut lower ball flight and consistent.

I really LOL'd over this as I feel PhillyV's pain, going through the exact same thing. It's just impossible for me to shut the face the right amount, when I do get it shut, hello snap hook! It's one of those grass is always greener things. On my home course I always think about how every hole would be better played with a draw.

Oh the snap hook that goes farther off line then it goes toward the target yeah I got that shot.

Random golf story. I work as a 911 dispatcher....stressful job....so golf is one way to really unwind and relax. Last summer, I was on my home course of Valley View and on the front 9, two holes run parallel to a two-lane paved road that is one of the main highways in the county, and the way you access the golf course. It's on a straightaway with slight rolling hills, and unless you aren't paying a lick of attention, it's not a bad place traffic wise. (Yes, golf balls have gone thru windshields, but thankfully none by yours truly) So one day during the week I'm out playing a round by myself, just enjoying the day, when I'm on the first of the two holes that run parallel to the road. I putt the ball in, walk back to the cart, I'm sitting there writing my score when I hear BAM!!! and look up to see a truck tire bouncing across the green headed right for me. Yup....somebody in a SUV rearended a truck that was attempting to pull into the golf club. The tire was the spare tire in the truckbed...the hit was so violent it threw it out of the truckbed and onto the golf course. Thankfully it lost steam and rolled onto its side before it got to my cart...but all I could do is shake my head...grab my phone...and dial 911. Somedays I can't escape it lmao!!!!

I feel lost in conversation about swing weight. Don't know much about it at all. D0 D4 D200 it's all the same to me. I think I found something new to learn

I feel lost in conversation about swing weight. Don't know much about it at all. D0 D4 D200 it's all the same to me. I think I found something new to learn

We have a cool feature coming up on it, but here are the nuts and bolts

In lay terms, it is a measure of how the club feels when you swing it in terms of weight. In my opinion the number has less meaning as much as matching does. Weight is measured in grams and SW is measured with things like C9 or D3. Lets use this example. Take a club that weighs 300 grams. If you add 10 grams of lead tape to it, the club now weighs 310 grams. However depending on where you add the lead tape to to the club, the swing weight would change up or down depending on if it was added head side or grip side. This is because the SW is measuring how the club will feel.

Large shifts can be noticed, minor changes wont get picked up much.

We have a cool feature coming up on it, but here are the nuts and bolts

In lay terms, it is a measure of how the club feels when you swing it in terms of weight. In my opinion the number has less meaning as much as matching does. Weight is measured in grams and SW is measured with things like C9 or D3. Lets use this example. Take a club that weighs 300 grams. If you add 10 grams of lead tape to it, the club now weighs 310 grams. However depending on where you add the lead tape to to the club, the swing weight would change up or down depending on if it was added head side or grip side. This is because the SW is measuring how the club will feel.

Large shifts can be noticed, minor changes wont get picked up much.

Ok that makes sense and thanks for that. Probably why I don't tinker with clubs haha

that and they're built perfectly to what I need by the best in the world

I hit driver 18 times in my round today. I hit my irons 9 times. 32 Putts. 1 penalty. That leaves 18 wedge shots.

It's a crazzzzy game sometimes.

Sometimes, the gear you already own performs better than the "new and improved" equipment.

I absolutely HATE taking unplayable lies, but today I had a drive that ended up near a tree trunk that I checked out if I could hit it right-handed (no way), and then flipping a wedge upside down and hitting it left-handed. Took a few swings at it (I've done it before and have had decent success with it, considering!) but smart won out and I dropped it behind and hit three from there. Just had a bad feeling that I wouldn't have made a good recovery without dropping. It was in some fluffy grass and I didn't think I could put a good hit on it. Would have been a nice time to have a left-handed 7-iron.

Started seriously practicing left hand low putting. Hmm...

Started seriously practicing left hand low putting. Hmm...

I have tried and have never gotten comfortable with any grip that's left hand low. Just not for me. I'm interested in seeing how you like it

I have tried and have never gotten comfortable with any grip that's left hand low. Just not for me. I'm interested in seeing how you like it

I tried left hand low back in the '90s. It was OK, but over time I didn't put any better than conventional.

People who unload their bags into their car and then leave the cart in the parking lot are real asses.

I tried left hand low back in the '90s. It was OK, but over time I didn't put any better than conventional.

That'll be the deciding factor. I've been missing some putts lately that I feel I should definitely be making, so it's worth a shot to try for March since scores don't count around here yet.

People who unload their bags into their car and then leave the cart in the parking lot are real asses.

Wow!!! I can't believe people actually do that, ridiculous!

Back