What Club Brand are You Most Reluctant to Use or Try?

Wilson and Callaway for some weird reason...I can't say why but I'm just not inclined to try them out

Cobra and ping, tried them out when I was starting out. Hated them then and now I just walk right by them in the stores

The only brand I've never even tried is Cobra. No real reason. Just never have.

Same, Cobra. Looks never appealed to me much.

Outside of putters, I've never tried much from Ping. Just have never found their gear appealing.

Ping, Titleist and Nike for me.

Still TaylorMade, it just doesn't get me excited.

Do not hit the new Vapor Fly Pro driver. You do not need another driver.

The more, the better!

maxresdefault.jpg

Even if Callaway's PM grind is similar to the older Ping clubs with the extra mass on the toe, Ping has always turned me off.

$_35.JPG

Having Bubba as a spokesperson doesn't help.

Now, Titleist, Taylormade, and Nike. I tried the BB 815 yesterday for 2 balls on course and promptly sold it here last night. I own 3 Cobra drivers right now, Biocell, Fly Z+, a ZL of the tour van and Fly Z 3 & 5 woods. Personally, I think Cobra is KING right now of drivers, no pun intended.

Nike. I have never seen one of their clubs that I liked which is weird because it is Nike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tour Edge is very unfamiliar to me

After finding THP, I wouldn't say there is any particular brand that I wouldn't try (assuming I can get hold of it here in the UK) but as cost is an issue, there are some that I probably wouldn't look at due to price

If I had tried everything in my price range and didn't find anything that worked for me (guessing that is unlikely these days with how much good gear everyone puts out) then I would look to the higher priced stuff but it would have to be significantly better than anything else to make me consider paying the price for it

Taylormade drivers. They turned me off with the white color and I never since really considered them for a driver. The instant popularity of new TM models at my club is a little annoying as well. It seems like 30-40% of the male members had and M1 within a month of it's release.

The fact that I won't consider them is notable because I do own drivers from Ping, Adams, Cobra, Callaway, Bridgestone, Cleveland, Tour Exotics, Nike, Mizuno, Titleist, and Srixon.

There's not much really, as long as I find it visually appealing. There's so many good club out right now that look good and work it leaves a lot of options. One would probably be Ping irons, I've never seen a set that appeals to me. Nike putters would probably be the other one, just don't like the look of the face or there brand specific head shapes. This could all change through the next release cycle though and they could put something out I have to get...

I had a bad experience with some Taylor Made irons many years back that makes me a little reluctant to try them. Never been a big fan of The look of Ping irons either, so again, they wouldn't be my first choice to try and hit. That said, if it worked, it wouldn't rule out any brand.

Back