New video game "The Golf Club"

If you guys want to get pissed off at a couple impossible routine holes, try Westmorland Manor CC. The front 9 is just stupid on half the holes.

Tried it. I've never tried to putt on ice, but I imagine this course would be exactly what it's like.

Tried it. I've never tried to putt on ice, but I imagine this course would be exactly what it's like.
The pin locations on the Sunday edition were just silly. I can't stand courses that don't give you any run up yet when you hit the green, there's no chance to hold the green. None. I understand making it hard, but that's just stupid. And this course does it twice.

The pin locations on the Sunday edition were just silly. I can't stand courses that don't give you any run up yet when you hit the green, there's no chance to hold the green. None. I understand making it hard, but that's just stupid. And this course does it twice.

I'm doing the regular round of it and so far I'm E thru 9 with both bogeys due to some just bad putting on my part. Like.. Not realizing I'm on a big slope and gunning a putt by lol

One thing I learned that may be relevant now that sim access to TGC is more available. The console and sim versions don't share the same courses. The sim version will acquire all console made courses once a month. But no course made on the sim version will be synced to the consoles.

Who's in PGA? Donne, are you still up there? I played the tourney course this week; Purgatory (in Indy). A few of us played it a year or so ago at the Indy Invitational. Course is pretty solid, from what I remember, but there's no damn trees on it, and the grass just 2 yards off the fairway is MUCH more plentiful and completely covers the outer edges of the course. I putted like crap on it, fwiw, as usual.

OK I just went and looked on Google Maps. I don't remember near that many trees. I think it was because I was always looking in that high grass for my ball and never had time to see trees.

Who's in PGA? Donne, are you still up there? I played the tourney course this week; Purgatory (in Indy). A few of us played it a year or so ago at the Indy Invitational. Course is pretty solid, from what I remember, but there's no damn trees on it, and the grass just 2 yards off the fairway is MUCH more plentiful and completely covers the outer edges of the course. I putted like crap on it, fwiw, as usual.

OK I just went and looked on Google Maps. I don't remember near that many trees. I think it was because I was always looking in that high grass for my ball and never had time to see trees.

They haven't kicked me back down yet. Purgatory is a nice course on the game. Since there is an invitation only WGC event, the PGA field is a bit watered down this week, but I played really well the first two rounds before shooting right around par the last two. Oh well, at least I will make the cut this week.

Ok. Finally got to start playing. How do you hit the &@$ ball!? I can barely get.m more than 50% power most of the time (Xbox one). What's the trick to the analog stick swing in this thing!

Ok. Finally got to start playing. How do you hit the &@$ ball!? I can barely get.m more than 50% power most of the time (Xbox one). What's the trick to the analog stick swing in this thing!

Have a beer

I'm not sure about on the X-Box. I have no issues on the PS4 though.

I figured it out. Screw tempo. Just jam that bad boy forward and I get 100% power. Much easier now! Ha. Some pretty courses. Can't wait to play with the designer.

6) Game play – This is the big one…

a) Swing – we’re currently looking at a 3 level swing mechanic. The easy level will very much be based off of what we have now, but with tempo added and a distance reduction, Hard will be very punishing if in any way off centre and the tempo isn’t correct but when it’s good you will get a considerably further distance. Doing this gives us the variation we want, the difficulty some want and brings in the actual point of multiple tees.

So there's some difficulty variation... Interesting... How about mechanics out of rough/sand?

8) Graphics

a) We’ve invested heavily in the character this time out, getting full photogrammetry scans of people and clothing to make your player look as realistic as possible.
b) We’ve also invested in a huge array of motion capture from two brand new golf pros. Well not only have a lot of great new shot animations but lots of post and pre shot stuff as well.

Solid solid solid

Pretty cool stuff. Wonder if it will be available for simulators as well.

So there's some difficulty variation... Interesting... How about mechanics out of rough/sand?

Solid solid solid
That was fancyyyy.

I will have no issue buying TGC2 on the first day. The video showing the waterfalls and character options is amazing. Looks like they are targeting 1Q 2017 for release.

Given how poorly EA does golf, I am so excited that the original has done so well that they are able to build upon it and make the next version.

I do wonder if the current courses will convert automatically, or if the amazing designer community will have to start over.

I will have no issue buying TGC2 on the first day. The video showing the waterfalls and character options is amazing. Looks like they are targeting 1Q 2017 for release.

Given how poorly EA does golf, I am so excited that the original has done so well that they are able to build upon it and make the next version.

I do wonder if the current courses will convert automatically, or if the amazing designer community will have to start over.
I'm not sure how easy it would be compared to publishing all TGC courses to the new game, but it would be truly ideal if they were able to get them over to the course designer for TGC2 and let the designer make tweaks/use new features and everything before publishing it to the new game.

441... May be time to fire this one back up. Tell Rob to dust off his sticks.

Shut it...another 5 to 6 weeks.
And i have to get a shooting game first
November, we get COD.

There's probably a new battlefield coming out too, but, screw Rob.

I strongly considered TGC for the course maker alone, but I just can't pay full price for it considering TGC2 is supposedly coming out soon.

I'll just stick with the slightly-above-garbage EA golf game for now (free on EA Access)

Back