Entire golf set stolen, starting again... Any tips?

Danhocking

Reaction score
Handicap
I've just had my entire set of clubs stolen from right out of my car, and though I found a listing for them online, they were sold on before I could get them. So, looks like I need to start over. I've always been a Titleist man, and have been upgrading woods and wedges over the years to latest models, but am wondering if I should be thinking about anything else before I just head to a Titleist fitting centre. I used to play off of scratch, but due to irregular play, I'm now a 6 moving in the wrong direction. Any thoughts as to what else I might want to try?

My previous set:
Titleist 913D3 9.5 degree with Project X 7a3 x-stiff shaft
Titleist 913FD 15 degree 3 wood with Diamana blue stiff
Titleist 913h 21 degree hybrid (cranked down 1.5 degrees to 20.5) with Diamana blue stiff
Titleist 670 3-PW with S300 shafts - I loved the mid to high irons in this set but could have used a bit more height out of 3-5.
Vokey 54 and 60 SM5 Raw Black wedges
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5

Mixed feelings about starting again - a good excuse to replace my 10 year old irons, but an expensive proposition...

Can't you reach out to whoever operates the listing site to tell them they were yours and were stolen?

That is an absolutely awful feeling. Really sorry to hear about it -- And welcome to THP!

I can, but sadly it's a craigslist-esque site over here in the UK where you can buy without sharing your details with them - so while I can track the seller, I can't the buyer.

And thanks - was pretty down yesterday, the irons in particular have been through a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy fix. Agree to purchase them, meet and bring the authorities.

Can't you reach out to whoever operates the listing site to tell them they were yours and were stolen?

That is an absolutely awful feeling. Really sorry to hear about it -- And welcome to THP!

Sadly, the site (Gumtree - am in the UK) lets you get in contract directly with the seller without verification. So whilst I can track the seller down, the clubs are almost certainly gone.

Thanks for the welcome and the sympathy - was feeling pretty down yesterday as I've been through a lot with those irons - trying to look at is as a silver lining.

Sorry mate. I am in the same boat as mine were recently stolen as well. Hope you can get yours back, and if not enjoy the buying process of new ones. I just bought some Ap1 714s which are discounted with the 716 s out. I think they are great all around for guys like me.
I'm taking more time on driver / hybrids since I won't play much during winter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you can track down the seller, why not steer the authorities to the seller? The buyer was likely buying them in good faith but it is the seller was dealing stolen goods.

Notify policy of who the seller is, you may not get your clubs back but the scum bag needs to pay.

As far as replacement I'd go to a fitter that has multiple manufacturers and try everything they have and go in with an open mind.

Sorry about the clubs.

This is an unfortunate reminder to the rest of us about the value of insuring our clubs.

To the OPs questions, there are so many great clubs...what about Bridgestone irons (j15 CB), Callaway Apex (2016 model), Cleveland's TFI 2135 putter is fantastic (I also have a Scotty and I'm pointing you to the 2135). Best of luck!

Club insurance on your next set. Over here it's not very expensive to do and my set is covered from anything that could happen.

Sorry for your clubs.

Where do you guys insure your clubs?

Club insurance on your next set. Over here it's not very expensive to do and my set is covered from anything that could happen.
Who do you use for that Nate?

Sorry for your clubs.

Where do you guys insure your clubs?

Who do you use for that Nate?

Insure them with whoever you have your homeowners (or rental insurance) with. You can insure them separate from your regular personal property (that has a $500 or $1,000 deductible) and do them with no or little deductible . Rate should be in the neighborhood of $10 a year per $1,000 coverage, depending on your insurance score.

Insure them with whoever you have your homeowners (or rental insurance) with. You can insure them separate from your regular personal property (that has a $500 or $1,000 deductible) and do them with no or little deductible . Rate should be in the neighborhood of $10 per $1,000 coverage, depending on your insurance score.

Thanks, I will look into it!

Sorry to hear about your sticks. Here's hoping whoever stole them will grow lesions in his crotch.

There are many choices and brands for a new set, the important thing is to get properly fit.

Insure them with whoever you have your homeowners (or rental insurance) with. You can insure them separate from your regular personal property (that has a $500 or $1,000 deductible) and do them with no or little deductible . Rate should be in the neighborhood of $10 a year per $1,000 coverage, depending on your insurance score.
This. I think I'm paying something like $40 for about 5K of coverage. For a little more than the cost of one latte a month you don't have to worry if your clubs are stolen.

Wow so sorry this happened to you...

As others have said you should contact the website organizers right away and then contact the authorities.

From then as mentioned you should add a rider on your insurance to cover your clubs - shouldn't cost much more than $20/year....

Don't leave your new ones in the car or out of your sight!

How is the coverage affected if the clubs change? (As it does quite often for me!)

Had mine stolen earlier this year heart wrenching! Thing I noticed when shopping for new clubs shop around tell your story that they have been stolen most will take pity and give a discount!

How is the coverage affected if the clubs change? (As it does quite often for me!)

With Farm Bureau, you have to itemize everything. So you will list every club/bag/etc. in your set. We pay up to the actual cash value of the property at the time of loss, but not more than the applicable limit of insurance or the amount necessary to repair or replace the property.

So when you buy new clubs, you need to let your agent know so they can update your coverage.

With Farm Bureau, you have to itemize everything. So you will list every club/bag/etc. in your set. We pay up to the "actual cash value" of the property at the time of loss, but not more than the applicable limit of insurance or the amount necessary to repair or replace the property.

So when you buy new clubs, you need to let your agent know so they can update your coverage.
I just got a quote through my FB agent and itemized my grandaddy clubs, bag, and range finder, about $3,500 worth of coverage for $48/year, and he said if I change clubs just to let him know.

Back