Wilson Staff DUO Urethane Golf Balls Review Thread

Funny how balls work differently for each golfer. I'm getting the same or even a little more distance with the DuoU than other balls I've put into the rotation this winter.
Get a sleeve of Bstone B330RX balls. You'll be surprised at the driver/long iron distance and chipping & putting feel.

I have been following this thread since the ball was launched and am very interested in the DOU U as I play the original DUO.

Question: Those who have played it (I know it is still early in the season for most) do you think it is a good value at it's present price point?

I have been following this thread since the ball was launched and am very interested in the DOU U as I play the original DUO.

Question: Those who have played it (I know it is still early in the season for most) do you think it is a good value at it's present price point?

I would say they are priced fairly at $38. IMHO the sweet spot for these would have been $34 - a $7 bump from the spins which is a $7 bump from the original Duo.

But the marketing guys and bean counters disagree. I will say they were an absolute steal at the prices some folks here got them from Golf Galaxy.

Never played the Duo urethane or not. Maybe they just what this old man needs to get a few more yards!

Never played the Duo urethane or not. Maybe they just what this old man needs to get a few more yards!

Next time we go out remind me to bring you a sleeve or 3!

Get a sleeve of Bstone B330RX balls. You'll be surprised at the driver/long iron distance and chipping & putting feel.

I played these B'stones before and they are great, but I am in the same boat with the DUO U, I get about a half a club more than any other ball I have tried. About a full club with the regular DUOs. Great line of balls for the prices.

Been playing with the "U" for about 2 weeks. The performance is similar to the DUO except for me at least, it felt a little firmer. It still has the soft feeling around the green and on putts. Still early on in the season, will continue to play the "U".

Gamed these today and they remind me so much about the Chrome Soft. These stopped on a dime when I hit them well and the distance seemed to be good.

Been playing with the "U" for about 2 weeks. The performance is similar to the DUO except for me at least, it felt a little firmer. It still has the soft feeling around the green and on putts. Still early on in the season, will continue to play the "U".

I would have to check to be certain but I think the U is 10 or so higher in compression than the standard Duo. IIRC the urethane cover needs to have a little higher compression or it would fail more quickly.

The DuoU definitely feels firmer than the Duo off the driver, but it's still soft of the irons & putter.

I switch out between the DuoU & Duo depending on how fast/hard the greens are.

Been playing the Duo U for the last 2 rounds and it is a very good ball, just excellent off the putter and wedges. I think I lost a little distance off the Driver, but not a huge amount. The misses seem worst with this ball, could be me just blaming the ball instead of myself or maybe it spins more than a B330 and with my high spin a miss can go way wrong.

Continue to play the "U" and definately a little firmer than the DUO off the irons and driver but I especially feel it off the putter. The duo has a very soft feel whereas the U has the same feel but with a little click. On my wedge play I really couldn't tell that much difference both can one hop stop just fine.

I've played the DUO U on 3 different occasions now. Each time I've only played it for 9, then switched to something else for comparison. I'm liking the ball enough, but not overwhelmed with it. I just feel there is a better performing ball out there for me.
I will continue playing these for the time being, but I will continue putting other options up against it to see what ball I play with this summer.

Yesterday I finally had a good chance to compare the "U" to the DUO. I played the front 9 with the U and the back with the DUO and I hate to say it but I prefer the DUO to the U. Although the sound was crisper with the U, I really think the DUO was much more responsive especially on puts. Wedge play didn't seem too different, but my iron play got better results with the DUO. Maybe I had a honeymoon period with the U, but looking at my results yesterday I'll stick with the DUO's. Bridgestone, Callaway and NXT will be next to compare.

Got a free two-pack at PGASS recently and got to put them in play down in FL. For me, they were way too soft feeling...like hitting marshmallow. I prefer something a little firmer.

I had a sleeve I hit on my vacation . I found them a bit shorter off the driver than the chrome soft and nxt tour s .
Decent spin on the greens I just preferred the Chrome Soft over the Duo U longer, better spin , at least for my swing .

Would this be an FG Tour replacement because that ball ia insane

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Would this be an FG Tour replacement because that ball ia insane

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

No, the FG Tour is still available.

I'm putting these into play tomorrow very very very excites based on the feedback.

I'm putting these into play tomorrow very very very excites based on the feedback.

If it's windy have your normal gamer on hand. IME misses are punished a little more harshly when it's breezy.

If it's windy have your normal gamer on hand. IME misses are punished a little more harshly when it's breezy.

If its windy the balls the least of my problems haha

When I struck these well yesterday I thought they performed pretty well. Soft and checked up on wedge swings nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played these yesterday. I really liked them and felt like I could easily play them all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bough a box of these today. I will hopefully sneak 9 holes in tomorrow so I will have my initial thoughts then.

Im coming from Supersofts so im expecting the duoU to be a tad bit shorter but grab like crazy... I know its not apples to apples but has anyone else ever roughly compared both?

I bough a box of these today. I will hopefully sneak 9 holes in tomorrow so I will have my initial thoughts then.

Im coming from Supersofts so im expecting the duoU to be a tad bit shorter but grab like crazy... I know its not apples to apples but has anyone else ever roughly compared both?
The biggest difference you see will probably be chipping. When I play the DuoU instead of the normal Duo (very similar to the Supersoft IMO), I have to be very conscious about carrying my chips further. Otherwise I'm left with longer putts.
I expect you'll also find that the DuoU feels a little less soft the the Supersoft.

Back