FW Shaft Recommendation - Similar to Oban ISAWA Red

dduarte85

Reaction score
Handicap
I am coming off a great fitting and build of a Callaway Rogue driver with an Oban Isawa Red (cut to 44.5, 65g, reg) and was curious if anyone here knew of a different shaft that had similar profile? As much as I'd love to order a new rogue FW and hybrid with the Oban offering my wallet has officially tapped out of that market.

Appreciate the insight and expertise folks.

The Red is mid to high flight with what they call low to mid spin, although it was pretty spinny for me when I tested it at Club Champion. Have you tried PX Even Flow Blue? Similar ball flight for me with better feel.

I am coming off a great fitting and build of a Callaway Rogue driver with an Oban Isawa Red (cut to 44.5, 65g, reg) and was curious if anyone here knew of a different shaft that had similar profile? As much as I'd love to order a new rogue FW and hybrid with the Oban offering my wallet has officially tapped out of that market.

Appreciate the insight and expertise folks.

I have a Isawa Red 55 Stiff Tipped .25 inches with a Callaway adapter to play at 45 inches (I think, maybe 44.5) if interested; Have a Tensei CK Blue 60 Stiff; Have an Ozik Speedrulz 50 Type A in Stiff, VA SLay 50 R flex tipped .5 inches, - all mid to higher launch/mid spin; might have others - time to put these in the Classified. All have Callaway adapters.

I am an R flex kind of guy. I like my driver shafts at 53-57g Got this, hit it, put it away.

The Red is mid to high flight with what they call low to mid spin, although it was pretty spinny for me when I tested it at Club Champion. Have you tried PX Even Flow Blue? Similar ball flight for me with better feel.

Yes, that was one of the shafts we tested at Club Champion but the Isawa had better numbers across the board.

I have a Isawa Red 55 Stiff Tipped .25 inches with a Callaway adapter to play at 45 inches (I think, maybe 44.5) if interested; Have a Tensei CK Blue 60 Stiff; Have an Ozik Speedrulz 50 Type A in Stiff, VA SLay 50 R flex tipped .5 inches, - all mid to higher launch/mid spin; might have others - time to put these in the Classified. All have Callaway adapters.

I am an R flex kind of guy. I like my driver shafts at 53-57g Got this, hit it, put it away.

I am in the same boat... years of refusing humble pie left stiff, heavy shafts in my clubs as is I was some tour pro.

I am absolutely a regular shaft, my driver swing speed only tops at 93 MPH. I hit 150 balls at my fitting and hit 93 three times with 91.5-92 filling the vast majority of swings.

I am in the same boat... years of refusing humble pie left stiff, heavy shafts in my clubs as is I was some tour pro.

I am absolutely a regular shaft, my driver swing speed only tops at 93 MPH. I hit 150 balls at my fitting and hit 93 three times with 91.5-92 filling the vast majority of swings.

Oh, I have a Tensei CK Blue 50 R flex, Matrix SpeedRulz 50 A type Regular, VA Slay 55 Regular Tipped .5 inches to make it regular - all w Callaway tips

One more I would think about is the UST Helium. Different way to get to the mid-high ball flight, but its a fantastic shaft.

Back