Minimalist Wallets

MSB256

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone transitioned from a traditional wallet to one of the slimmer, more minimalist wallets?

I ordered two types to try and I’m having trouble making it work. Let’s say I keep my driver license, another ID, and my Costco card, I’m up to three cards. Add my top golf card and three payment types, I’m up to seven.

It has occurred since starting this post, perhaps people are using electronic payment methods like Apple Pay to reduce the number of cards they carry?

How do you wallet?

3d94f5c2913b960625d2a0780afa2fd1.jpg

0a9de21273b212943dc48d6f8621242b.jpg

Forget who made this, ordered off Amazon and LOVE IT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also switched a few years ago. No fold in mine, just 2 sides with a few slots. I keep only the necessary cards in my wallet and the rest such as topgolf, etc are in my glove compartment of my car.

Right now I have DL, 3 credit cards, and Costco card. No cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switched a couple years ago and absolutely love it. Slim Jimmy is what I went with and I'll reorder if I ever need to.

65e6e9d44f6bc6b1c927ce2a557c3d90.jpg

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Went slim about 6 years ago.

It's amazing how little you really need to keep in there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Can’t remember who makes it, but love my wallet. No way could I go back to a big bulky traditional wallet.
e87b374610136f574f7b75ca6dcdda32.jpg

#FiberLaunch

Switched to front pocket wallets about 6-8 years ago. Love them. The current wallet is a flip side. Hard plastic but slim and still plenty of space for everything.

3c5788767c8e105aee9e154136deb7c0.png

73bd6058e0f7b62f5c97710ecb404ca3.png

I think I’ve got 3 credit cards a rewards card or two, insurance cards, and my drivers license in there.

I have a Capsule minimalist wallet I got years ago. I have enjoyed it ever since I got it and have never wanted to go back to a big wallet. It holds my DL and main credit card in the front pocket, about 4 credit/debit cards and some business cards in the middle pocket, and about 10 bills in the money slot. Would recommend to anyone that asks.
d711881c6ff6d44e9cd5688ea0f8bb45.jpg
62581d6c94c4ed6c197c4c09c7af34fa.jpg

Been looking to minimize my wallet size. Every time to clean out my wallet a few months later I always end up back to having a "George Constanza" wallet.

Bought a slim wallet maybe a year ago, and i'll never use a bulky wallet ever again. You notice that you really dont need to carry EVERY card with you all the time. Just enough space for a few bills, 3 or 4 cards and a space for Identification.

I used the Ridge wallet for a couple years and I loved it. I recently switched to a Dango Dapper wallet and though I love the looks of it, it's kind of a pain to get your cards out if you have a lot.

Been really eyeing a Phantom Wallet. They just seem a tad overpriced for what they are.

I went to a slim Nike wallet with a money clip and I love it.

been there for 10+ years...

this one is from a course in Seattle Area...Aldarra..If you get a chance to play it....GO IMMEDIATELY!!!!

https://www.aldarragolfclub.com

IMG_3716.jpg

I’ve been carrying a slim wallet for a couple years now and I’ll never go back. Mine will hold 6-8 cards and has the magnetic money clip in the other side, I carry it in my front pocket and it just feel like I’ve got a second phone.

I have been using a smaller Bellroy wallet for regular use, think the square or low model. I think I keep 3 credit cards (1 debit/1 credit personal and 1 company card) my license, my insurance cards (2 very slim cards) my bart card, gym card and my movie pass card (which is about to get tossed). So 8-9 cards and a little cash.

I have a ridge wallet as well, but I prefer my Bellroy.

I used a Ridge wallet for a while. While it was great and I could still manage to load it with the several cards I carried, I wasn't 100% happy with the cash functionality. I bought mine with the money clip and purchased a separate elastic band and combined the two so I could use both. I ultimately decided I did not like having to tri-fold my bills which has to be done otherwise the bills extend beyond the edges of the wallet. the tri-fold always caused me to fumble the cash and wallet if i was at a checkout trying to use cash. Also, I'm the type that likes to have cash on me more often than not so I would regularly have more than 2-3 bills and when you start to tri-fold a bunch of cash, it quickly becomes annoying.

I haven't carried an actual wallet in many, many years. Just this past year I started to carry this minimal one from Recycled Firefighter wallets for front pockets. It hold some cards/ID then the back side has like a belt loop which keeps the money in place.

Attachments

• EDC031018.jpg
    EDC031018.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 0
I have a very minimalist wallet. I use a binder clip. Saw a guy using one 7 years ago in front of me in line at a Jason’s Deli. Went back to the office supply room and grabbed one. Been using it ever since. It’s the only money clip I’ve ever had that doesn’t get too loose over time and it holds everything snuggly and securely. Only time I ever switched was when my office got some colored clips and I switched my standard black for a blue.

I had been using one but it fell out of my pocket too easily.. I still have an extra so may go back, but I don't carry that much in my larger wallet to have it impact me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If I carry a full on wallet, I definitely go with the minimalist. However, I have a 12 South Book Book phone case that holds my iPhone, a few cards/id and cash. I adore this thing.

I recently bought a TeeJay wallet from Amazon that has been pretty good so far. It's made of carbon fiber and came in as a set with a matching key organizer which was a plus. I really like the size and weight but it's a little tough at times to get cards in and out of with the cash band on it; I just prefer the strap to the money clip for size purposes.

Back