Huge Announcement - Regional Rivalry Sponsored By True Temper

I'm still here waiting for the announcement. I figured if I said Texas one more time I'd officially be a dead horse beater.

I agree with my DMV brothers as I hope we can make it happen for RR. Regardless I will support whoever or whatever regions are chosen as the final matchup.

Both events I made it in were not particularly close but definitely worth the drive. I get why people dont branch out, its life. However THP is a place like no other and the events are awesome.

I have started and deleted 5 post for this thread. Make that 6

THP will be hoping to continue Regional Rivalry in 2017 as well and will select regions based on a formula that will include participation this year, members and what regions follow along with the events.

We are so excited about this one and so excited to have True Temper involved. If anybody wants a taste of how things go when these two companies get together, check out the Live Update Thread from the Project X event this year.

Going to be a blast to follow along with, happy for all of the selected locations and hope it succeeds so that we see it again the following year.

Going to be a blast to follow along with, happy for all of the selected locations and hope it succeeds so that we see it again the following year.

I agree. Regardless of who the final regions are, it will be fun to follow along and support.

6 great regions of which 3 will reign supreme. MVP from each gets the VIP treatment by True Temper. What a way to kick this off! Hopefully we do it justice this year and people enjoy the follow, because there's quite a few more regions out there that'd love to represent!

Going to be interesting how the teams are filled for the #RegionalRivalry

There is just something about team events that notches the competition up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see the final regions selected. Going to be three great events, and the MVPs are going to get a world class experience.

Happy to hear there are designs on keeping Regional Rivalry going in future years.

Dang. I think you can fit the entire 6 regions inside the boundaries of Texas. :deadhorse:

Dang. I think you can fit the entire 6 regions inside the boundaries of Texas. :deadhorse:

I know right? You would think we would have more talkers from there. :deadhorse:

I kid I kid.

Last edited:
I know right? You would think we would have more talkers from there. :deadhorse:

I kid I kid.

But if you add it up, #Cookie, Nate and I talk for like 10 Texans

Unfortunately those regions could only field 1.5 people max on average based on how many Texans have shown a true interest in an event like this.

Unfortunately those regions could only field 1.5 people max on average based on how many Texans have shown a true interest in an event like this.
Does Mikeg really want to play in this event though??? I mean, he has a putter cover/rare coin habit to support.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Does Mikeg really want to play in this event though??? I mean, he has a putter cover/rare coin habit to support.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hahaha, confirmed traveler. Even when it's not free. :alien:

Cookie I think I'm not following the math. But sodium is not good for the blood pressure brother. :)

Cookie I think I'm not following the math. But sodium is not good for the blood pressure brother. :)

6 regions times 1.5 per region equals a max of 9 people interested from Texas.

Compare that to the "6 regions" fitting inside Texas of the other areas and there is likely over 100 THP'ers interested.

Bigger doesn't mean squat if you can't represent.

Compare that to the "6 regions" fitting inside Texas of the other areas and there is likely over 100 THP'ers interested.

Ahh ok brother. I got room at my house if you want to join in. Bring the boys with you hahaha

met 1, talk with another periodically and interact with Nate on here and hope to meet the last two, but 3 solid dudes that represent what THP is all about.

A couple of things...

1, I weigh enough and take enough strokes per round to equal at least two people/golfers

and

B, I argue enough for 10 people (possibly more :beat-up:)

And the heart of 100s.
And the classiness of thousands

met 1, talk with another periodically and interact with Nate on here and hope to meet the last two, but 3 solid dudes that represent what THP is all about.

I have met all three and enjoyed rounds with Nate and Mike, while I know they would never live anywhere but Dallas, I wish they were all in our region, There aren't too many guys other than these three that I enjoy teeing it up with more.

You guys will be good. I have a feeling the amount of texans will see a big uptick this year with things going on. Sometimes bigger is tough because it is hard to travel to play together on a regular basis. While this doesn't keep the membership up it certainly helps to put faces to names on a regular basis for some

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back