Help with a case of the hosel rockets around the green!!!!!

Reaction score
Handicap
It's been going on for a couple of months. I attempted to ride it out and let them run its course. Then I took a lesson with my instructor a couple of weeks ago and it helped for a couple of days.

My go to shot is the flop shot around the green where you land it just short of the hole, a couple of hops and then it stops. Now it's just a shank! Even my square face shots and bunker shots are shanks. It is so deeply rooted in my head that when I am faced with the shot in a round, I don't know what is going to happen. I can't even tell you how many times I have done it during league play and my index is 3.8! My goal now is to hit 18/18 greens!

I need to fix this before my golf vacation in Scottsdale next week...

It's been going on for a couple of months. I attempted to ride it out and let them run its course. Then I took a lesson with my instructor a couple of weeks ago and it helped for a couple of days.

My go to shot is the flop shot around the green where you land it just short of the hole, a couple of hops and then it stops. Now it's just a shank! Even my square face shots and bunker shots are shanks. It is so deeply rooted in my head that when I am faced with the shot in a round, I don't know what is going to happen. I can't even tell you how many times I have done it during league play and my index is 3.8! My goal now is to hit 18/18 greens!

I need to fix this before my golf vacation in Scottsdale next week...

I have numerous threads on shanks in this forum. Look them up, I have some real gems in those threads.

Just know that you are leaning into the shot in the down swing. This is adjusting your swing plane.

Back