The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beags back playing/practicing makes me smile...im glad things settled down for you to get back out and enjoy the game dude!

Me too, bro. Took a bit of time, but have things going the way I need them to so more family time and golf time is nice!!

Plus, I missed this place like crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 large buckets for Swingbyte testing today. I am seeing improvement, which is nice, but still have a way to go before I have a repeatable swing that I can fully trust on course. I've also noticed that I had gotten lazy in my swing with my weight gain, time to get off my behind and back to the gym.

Enjoying a range and testing session with my Dad today. What a great time. Oh and did a little iron shoot out on the LM.

caf3fb152860c2156ddb5607a68b87f2.jpg

44c54bfa38571a3ed34b0d38f88282a3.jpg

Results?

Had one of my best days at the range yet.

Coming from a baseball background, I have a habit of spinning out and over-rotating prior to contact. This results in a pretty nasty hook at contact and, when truly bad, a toe shot that can go 90* straight right (making for some embarrassing noises against the driving range dividers).

After my most recent lesson, my range time today started off frustrating with toe shots and poor contact. About 1/4 of the way through my large bucket, it clicked and I started getting the ball flight I've been chasing - high flight, starting a bit right with a nice draw back to the target. Misses are still pushes with little movement (not closing the club face at contact) and a bit of an overdraw (likely losing hinge and casting), but I'm confident my swing path is getting better and I'm happy about the progress.

For the first time I can leave a range session and feel confident about going to the course and striking the ball well. Can't wait to get out there again.

I had a pretty up and down session this afternoon. I think I know what I'm doing wrong but can't get it right.

100 balls tonight focusing on turning with the shoulders, keeping the hands the same distance from the body and keeping the club face pointed at the target/ball longer. Worked with the 7i, 60, hybo tonight.

putting in some work on the putting green and chipping area tom. Probably will also hit a small bucket and play 9 as well. no i just need to get all my work done tonight to make this happen.

No range for me but I spent some quality time doing the 9:3 drill in the garage. I actually started to feel the club getting into a better slot, which is a godsend after suffering through this damn OTT across the ball ugly thing I've been sporting.

No range for me but I spent some quality time doing the 9:3 drill in the garage. I actually started to feel the club getting into a better slot, which is a godsend after suffering through this damn OTT across the ball ugly thing I've been sporting.

That's exactly what I did tonight for about 40 minutes as well, hitting foam balls. It took me the better part of a year, but I feel like I've finally eliminated the sway and overswing Freddie gave me tips on last winter. I still struggle with getting my weight onto my left side on the downswing, but that's been coming around too - I noticed this weekend on the course that when I had just a slight pause at the top of my backswing, I was able to "Squash the bug" with my left foot and hit nice crisp iron shots.

I video'd a few swings too which showed that the sway is pretty much long gone, and I do get a nice little hip bump to start the downswing, but my head is moving forward still a bit too much. Still, it's huge progress from last year, and I'll be working on it over the winter.

putting in some work on the putting green and chipping area tom. Probably will also hit a small bucket and play 9 as well. no i just need to get all my work done tonight to make this happen.

Worked on chipping and putting today as planned, unfortunately the range was closed for maintenance today so it was just short game. Chipped from 20 yards in hitting both low checkers and high and soft shots. On the putting green I played the 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 drill having to make 3 in a row from all locations before I was done.

Another 100+ swings tonight into the net working through the bag and on a couple drills.

3weeks before I head to Florida and I need to at least take something that resembles a swing with me

Anyone ever bring golf drills or tools along to practice when traveling? I travel for business and, as a result, am not able to hit the range nearly as often as I'd like. Most the drills I've seen involve a golf club which is difficult to bring along in carry-on luggage. Anyone have specific drills or exercises (aside from general stretching and flexibility routines) to utilize while on the road?

If it helps, my lessons lately have been focused on staying closed through impact (over rotation of hips and shoulders has been causing toe shots) and keeping my trail elbow pinned to my side through the downswing.

I've hit a large bucket (110 balls) with nothing but chip shots for 5 of the last 7 days, and zero full swing shots over that time.

I feel like I'm getting way more consistent with my chipping.

I took about 15 full swings today after a week off, and was hitting the ball great.

Ive also been working a lot on putting over the last week.

Im pulling my left arm/shoulder back, instead of keeping the shoulders working together while putting...
I don't know how to stop doing that. Anyone?

I had a really nice range session this morning. I recently realized I had been aligning with my front shoulder quite closed to the target. So I focused on correcting that and taking a nice full turn. A bunch of good stuff happened. Driver, 5i, scoring irons, wedge partial shots...it was all good. I wasn't hitting the center of the club face too well, but dispersion, distance, accuracy and that effortless distance thing were all there. #happy.

I shipped my old clubs I learned to golf with up to Vancouver so I'd have some clubs when I'm visiting the family...

They are old crappy SGI irons. I was hitting everything left. I never noticed offset before....these things have huge offset, while my MP-33's have almost none.

End result: I just wasted a bunch of time and money shipping those things up here. They are garbage. If I practice with them, I'll be a mess when I get back to Cali.

But the good news is that I have an excuse to hit only driver at the range for the rest of the week.

Hit the range today to work on backswing and tempo. Started off rough and was getting a little ott and having pulls. Finally settled in and was finding the groove.

weight shift and not overswinging are two main priorities for the off season

had a blast at the range with my 4yo today. I only brought my 60 to work on full and half swings. he hit some excellent shots! then I hit chips and pitches. great time and he didn't want to leave. proud papa

Spent about 45 mins on the sim today. Had to work and no one was scheduled. Worked up through the bag and I was smoother than I have been in a long time. It was really really refreshing. Ball striking reflected the the smoothness as I was hitting just about everything right on the button.

Winter in the Carolinas, no off season. ;)
Hit the range today to work on backswing and tempo. Started off rough and was getting a little ott and having pulls. Finally settled in and was finding the groove.

weight shift and not overswinging are two main priorities for the off season

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Start the New Years off right . Learn proper swing fundamentals and ingrain these in your game. Repeat and do again

Went to the range this am with snow falling like crazy.
I was covered, and the range was covered in pure white fluffy stuff.
That was a golfing first for me, and I had a blast.

I worked on nothing. Just hitting a wedge 25, 50, 60, 75 and 100 yards, and being grateful that I could.

I had a just so so session this afternoon. The ball was mostly going straight but I wasn't crisp. Distance control on partial shots is getting better.

Went to the range for a nice two hours. One hour of short game, one of long game. Felt nice to hit the ball solidly again opposed to the spin out weak fade that had shown up out of nowhere.

Had a good range session today, first one since my Modern Golf fitting last week. Was hitting everything well, particularly my drivers (which have totally transformed since the tweaks they made at the fitting). Was chipping and putting pretty nicely as well. I really need to get out and play soon!

Also went to the shop with the intention of hitting something with a Recoil 95 shaft in it, but to no avail. Hit an MP 25 with an Aerotech 95 stiff in it though and am pretty convinced I'm going graphite and soon. It's a pretty weak lofted non-distance club, and with that shaft in there I was hitting it nearly as far as my Z-Stars. Plus they are just so smooth.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back