Joelsim

Reaction score
Handicap
I want:

1) Easy to use
2) reliable
3) slope

Thats about it.

Please make a suggestion of what I should look at, happy to go for previous generation too to keep the cost down. I want a new one though, rather than second hand.

UK budget - up to £250, preferably less.

Have you checked out Precision Pro? On sale at Budget and with the THP coupon might even work shipping across the pond.

I use a Bushnell GPS Rangefinder Watch. Easy to use and displays distance to front of green, distance to pin, and distance to the back of the green. It will also display distance to hazards. I paid $119 U.S. dollars for it and the shipping was free.

Have you checked out Precision Pro? On sale at Budget and with the THP coupon might even work shipping across the pond.

JB's answer is a good one. I think Precision Pro ended their rebate program, but with the THP Coupon (15OFFTHP) at Budget Golf, you could get the Precision Pro NX7 Pro rangefinder (found here at Budget Golf) for $212.50 USD. Domestic shipping would be free. Unclear what international would be.

Precision Pro NX7 Pro.

Nice little unit with slope.
Good price.
Good Support

I use a Bushnell GPS Rangefinder Watch. Easy to use and displays distance to front of green, distance to pin, and distance to the back of the green. It will also display distance to hazards. I paid $119 U.S. dollars for it and the shipping was free.

I’ve got a Garmin S20, was planning on using the rangefinder and the watch in tandem.

Any other recommendations?

I’ve looked at the NX7 Pro and it is a definite on my list of possibilities. Just wanted to see if anyone else had any strong views about potentially good rivals for this, at around the pricepoint or slightly above.

I can't recommend anything that would be in that price range unless you can find a used Leupold GX-4I2. Mine is almost 7 years old and it is fantastic, but new they cost about $480, or 375 pounds.

Maybe used you could find one, but for a new I can't think of one that has slope in that price range.

Bushnells are quite good, found a Tour v4 w/slope for $320 here in the US, that would be 250 pounds but not sure what they would be in the UK.

I have a Leupold GX-2i 6X magnification, slope (can turn on and off) Be right about at the upper level of your $$ limit. It is a great rangefinder.

The Leupold GX-2i3 does look interesting. Do you use the club choice function?

I haven't messed with it yet, I just got it earlier this summer. It doesn't seem to hard to set up though.

I have used it, set up is easy, but if it is anything like the 4i2 you have to input what elevation you are at and the temp.

It also doesn't take into account wind, so I have never really taken the recommendations with all that much seriousness.

I have used it, set up is easy, but if it is anything like the 4i2 you have to input what elevation you are at and the temp.

It also doesn't take into account wind, so I have never really taken the recommendations with all that much seriousness.

Ok I’m not too worried about elevation or wind, kind of have to factor wind in to every shot anyway and I’m more than likely at sea level or not far off in London.

Leupold GX-2i3. I have the 2i2 and it's simple and from a great company.

Thanks for all your help. I’ve just order the PP NX7 Pro.

That is a good choice. Let us know what you think after a few rounds with it.

That is a good choice. Let us know what you think after a few rounds with it.

Sure will. Can’t get out for the next two or three weeks as this is a busy work period for me, but will do in September.

I really think you’ll like it. I’ve had mine for a little over the year and love it. I remember once I couldn’t get it to lock on the pin but that was almost certainly user error.

Can one with slope on be used in competition if slope can (and is) turned off ?

I’ve had a Bushnell for years, not a bit of trouble with it.

Can one with slope on be used in competition if slope can (and is) turned off ?

I’ve had a Bushnell for years, not a bit of trouble with it.

Yes. If slope is turned off.

I don’t play competitions anyway, just 2 or 3 casual rounds per week all year except August. My only competition is myself so I’ll allow myself to use it whenever!

Back