THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Yes! If he would like me to snag it for him I will. I still need another for a total of 2. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely unnecessary but if you need it I will kindly accept it as my birthday present for tomorrow and be in your debt a few drinks.

Absolutely unnecessary but if you need it I will kindly accept it as my birthday present for tomorrow and be in your debt a few drinks.

Consider it done brother! I'm happy to do it...and happy birthday. If you would happen to know another person let me know. I'm hoping to pay it forward for two peeps.

Well by my count so far we have a whopping 6 Michigan members I have heard from. Just one more to go! 

Being that we have about 1 month before sign-ups i really hope Michigan members take notice of how awesome this event is going to be. If it isn't enough we get to battle against our rival there is an amazing MVP trip at stake!!

It's going to be difficult to play here in the months upcoming so we will be looking to get a sim round in soon. Stay tuned.

I am interested in a Sim Round. I have been sneaking into Ohio and playing there as a special double agent for Michigan...

I wonder if most people realize how long 270 is.
About a Wal-Mart parking lot between my best and his worst

1. What is your current index?
5.2 on oobgolf, 2.0 GHIN since they don't count rounds after October. The 2.0 is 19 rounds at Dorlon where I had season pass so take that for what it is worth.

2. What is your goal index wise by the time of the event?
I fully expect to get back to under a 2.0 and make that travel

3. What do you consider are your strengths of your golf game?
Best to worse. putting/short game/driving/approach shots. Putting by far though, my strokes gained putting +.05 (using pga strokes gained not game golf) for about 40 rounds I have tracked
4. What are your weaknesses that you need to improve?
Driving accuracy. Almost every awful round I shoot comes from putting myself in dumb spots off the tee. Bunker play only because Dorlon doesn't even have any. Focus, I probably have 5 shots a round I am not committed to. That is just awful, there is no reason I should ever take a swing unless I am 100% committed. Wedge trajectory control. I suck at low 50-75 yard wedges when I am trying to hit a one bounce then check shot.
5. What kind of player are you teammate wise when playing alongside a fellow teammate?
I would like to think a very good one. I plan to know every ones game so I can give on course help if they want it that day as well as some focused practice round with my possible teammates.
6. What is your plan to help assure your team is victorious in June?
This year I am getting a range pass at legacy and play different courses along with Boulder practice rounds. I am going to put in about 20-25 hours range time a week and at minimum 3 rounds a week, probably more though. I also plan to make a detailed yardage book for boulder including mapping the greens, figuring out where I can't miss and measuring all elevation change since I assume range finders with slope are a no go. Spending about an hour a day of strength and flexibility work outs. I also would love to analyze every ones game, especially it they have game golf and figure out who will work the best together and who would play the best on certain holes. That way you have as much info as possible when you are choosing players teams.
7. Why do you want to be apart of this team?
I miss competition, I love all the Ohio guys and any chance to make MI look like a team that is way over matched is good. I love golf
8. Why should I pick you?
I love golf, I am willing to live and breathe golf every single day and give 110% You aren't going to have another player as prepared as I will be in June. I am going to win, no doubt in my mind, losing is not
acceptable and I will not settle for anything less than my best. 1st round of drinks are on me. I just really really want this

5.2 on oobgolf, 2.0 GHIN since they don't count rounds after October. The 2.0 is 19 rounds at Dorlon where I had season pass so take that for what it is worth.

I fully expect to get back to under a 2.0 and make that travel

Best to worse. putting/short game/driving/approach shots. Putting by far though, my strokes gained putting +.05 (using pga strokes gained not game golf) for about 40 rounds I have tracked
Driving accuracy. Almost every awful round I shoot comes from putting myself in dumb spots off the tee. Bunker play only because Dorlon doesn't even have any. Focus, I probably have 5 shots a round I am not committed to. That is just awful, there is no reason I should ever take a swing unless I am 100% committed. Wedge trajectory control. I suck at low 50-75 yard wedges when I am trying to hit a one bounce then check shot.
5. What kind of player are you teammate wise when playing alongside a fellow teammate?
I would like to think a very good one. I plan to know every ones game so I can give on course help if they want it that day as well as some focused practice round with my possible teammates.
This year I am getting a range pass at legacy and play different courses along with Boulder practice rounds. I am going to put in about 20-25 hours range time a week and at minimum 3 rounds a week, probably more though. I also plan to make a detailed yardage book for boulder including mapping the greens, figuring out where I can't miss and measuring all elevation change since I assume range finders with slope are a no go. Spending about an hour a day of strength and flexibility work outs. I also would love to analyze every ones game, especially it they have game golf and figure out who will work the best together and who would play the best on certain holes. That way you have as much info as possible when you are choosing players teams.
I miss competition, I love all the Ohio guys and any chance to make MI look like a team that is way over matched is good. I love golf
I love golf, I am willing to live and breathe golf every single day and give 110% You aren't going to have another player as prepared as I will be in June. I am going to win, no doubt in my mind, losing is not
acceptable and I will not settle for anything less than my best. 1st round of drinks are on me. I just really really want this
I'm starting a grass roots campaign for ntanygd760 to be on the team simply because of his total commitment to the win, as illustrated by these answers.

A THP draft combine would be pretty darn interesting.

Got asked today what the MVP was and how it was considered. I thought I would give a brief synopsis since the MVP gets an all expenses paid trip by THP to True Temper where they will have the red carpet unrolled and taken behind the scenes to see stuff that virtually nobody gets to see.

The MVP is not just about points and golfing ability. It is all encompassing and will be broken down into these 4 things.

Play on the course - 25%
Sportsmanship - 25%
Being active on the entire THP forum leading up to the event - 25%
Being active on the THP forum during the event - 25%

Those four things are what it's about. For those that will say "I dont have time to be on the forum all day every day". We would never expect that or even necessarily reward that. Lives are out there, family is out there and of course work is out there. However with that said, to the victor goes the spoils and while quantity is not a necessity, quality is. Take the time to talk golf around the forum. Take the time to talk about the equipment. Take the time to talk about True Temper's latest offerings. If you don't know things, ask questions, if you would like more info. This is not about just posting each day a couple of times in the regional rivalry thread, or your local area thread, but being the MVP of the team on this forum.

Hope that helps answer the question and if you have any others, I am always happy to answer those as well.

Got asked today what the MVP was and how it was considered. I thought I would give a brief synopsis since the MVP gets an all expenses paid trip by THP to True Temper where they will have the red carpet unrolled and taken behind the scenes to see stuff that virtually nobody gets to see.

The MVP is not just about points and golfing ability. It is all encompassing and will be broken down into these 4 things.

Play on the course - 25%
Sportsmanship - 25%
Being active on the entire THP forum leading up to the event - 25%
Being active on the THP forum during the event - 25%

Those four things are what it's about. For those that will say "I dont have time to be on the forum all day every day". We would never expect that or even necessarily reward that. Lives are out there, family is out there and of course work is out there. However with that said, to the victor goes the spoils and while quantity is not a necessity, quality is. Take the time to talk golf around the forum. Take the time to talk about the equipment. Take the time to talk about True Temper's latest offerings. If you don't know things, ask questions, if you would like more info. This is not about just posting each day a couple of times in the regional rivalry thread, or your local area thread, but being the MVP of the team on this forum.

Hope that helps answer the question and if you have any others, I am always happy to answer those as well.

I guess based off of selfish curiosity, how similar is this to the decision making for the king and gauntlet MVP from this year?

I guess based off of selfish curiosity, how similar is this to the decision making for the king and gauntlet MVP from this year?

Quite different. First off, the Zoo Crew is not voting (more on that later).
Secondly that was about 50% based on scoring and 50% based on rule #1 of Zoo Crew events.

Whelp....here it is. Mike doesn't know me well (yet) but I hope this carries some weight. We shall see. Good luck to everyone in the running!!!!

Mike you asked for a PM, so that's what I will provide. Please see my answers to your questions below. Although we haven't had a whole hell of a lot of time to get to know one another (one sim round), I think this event sounds like a blast and would love to opportunity to at least be considered.

For your review:

According to NOGA I'm a 3.0L. Currently I would put that more towards a 5.5-6.0. High round of the was an 84 at Pine Hills and low score was a 71 which happened to be in Michigan (Eagle Eye GC).

If the tournament is in June, I don't see a problem with getting it back to around 3.

Patience, consistency, knowing when to be aggressive and when to sit back, ball striking.

I'm streaky. I can rattle off 12-13 pars in a row. I need to take a few more chances sometimes. Over the last couple years my short game has slid a little bit and need to get it in shape for this event.

Seeing as I have played competitively from high school to current day, the most important thing in a teammate or a caddie for that matter is to be encouraging and to keep things light hearted in the moment. There's no need to get overly upset with anyone or anything on the golf course. I would be an anchor and someone to lean on in a big moment.

For the last few years I had been living in a downtown Cleveland loft which meant very little swing training, strength training, or practice in general in the winter months. I now am in Columbia Station and close to several driving ranges that are heated. I have a large basement where I can practice my putting. I have already set forth a plan to lose 20-30lbs. Obviously this isn't just for golf purposes but I know once my weight is down a little my golf game usually follows suit.

I am extremely competitive. (****..I was fist pumping on the SIM last weekend). I have a ton of pride not only in Cleveland but in Ohio in general. Anytime I could be given an opportunity to combine those two things against a rival...I am always game. Especially if it involves my first love....GOLF. To be a part of a team or a bigger group of guys that could walk away with some regional pride over another state....I love it1

Well if what I've written above isn't enough, I'll tell you a quick story. Granted it was in a scramble and not a normal round, I feel it applies well here. The 4 man scramble was at CopperTop. They have live scoring on each cart via their GPS system for all scrambles played. I was the "A" player in this event and collectively we were 2 strokes down with 2 to play. Second to last hole I drained a 40ft birdie putt to get within one stroke. The last hole for our group was the par3 11th. First 2 guys step up to the tee and shank their tee shots in the woods. (no joke). I decided to hit 3rd instead of 4th in hopes of having a short putt (10-15ft) for birdie to tie. 142yds, uphill, I landed it 6ft behind the cup.....annnnd....dunked it! We were all going nuts....then we realized it was to win the tournament by 1 stroke. Ever heard of a walk-off in golf??? That was what they were calling it...."The Walk Off". Needless to say, you should pick me because I'm C-L-U-T-C-H.....(this can be verified by Gunner btw).

Hope I get in....

I'm used to competition myself...

And I take on all comers!

084013353ec4ccfa10eb11c94355eb9d.jpg

1375675_10202223324608630_2135944601_n.jpg

Before pulling it out of the hole....."PAK" (my initials) staring up at me. Truly awesome!!!!

Count me in captain!

Sorry for not being active lately as I've been soaking in 85* sunshine and have been chillen at the beach for the past week!

Hard to say for me at this point, but I can tell you this if no effort is made to answer questions when I ask, they will not be even in consideration. So they must be paying attention and participating in this thread.

Team Michigan application has been submitted to jdtox.

Heck of a recruting day for team MI

There is a recruiting application for this? What in the world have I missed???!!! :)

There is a recruiting application for this? What in the world have I missed???!!! :)

We know they're here. Now to follow the rules will be the next step!
with all the crap you guys took early on about not fielding a team, there was little doubt you actually wouldnt. Its cool to see it all start to come together as we get closer to sign ups

Back