Best Laser Range Finders

A question for the V3 owners since that's the laser I am leaning towards. Are you able to lock on to pins that are 250-260 range? I only ask because on a par 5 from the fairway,that's about the max I would use it to go for the green. I see that the V3 is 5x magnification instead of 6x like some others. Just want to make sure that doesn't make a huge difference.

Last edited:
A question for the V3 owners since that's the laser I am leaning towards. Are you able to lock on to pins that are 250-260 range? I only ask because on a par 5 from the fairway? That's about the max I would use it to go for the green. I see that the V3 is 5x magnification instead of 6x like some others. Just want to make sure that doesn't make a huge difference.

As long as your hands are steady enough, shouldn't be an issue b

A question for the V3 owners since that's the laser I am leaning towards. Are you able to lock on to pins that are 250-260 range? I only ask because on a par 5 from the fairway? That's about the max I would use it to go for the green. I see that the V3 is 5x magnification instead of 6x like some others. Just want to make sure that doesn't make a huge difference.

I used mine on a pin 299 away today, not because I was going to try and get there, but rather I wanted to see if I could shoot it with the laser. No problemo.

A question for the V3 owners since that's the laser I am leaning towards. Are you able to lock on to pins that are 250-260 range? I only ask because on a par 5 from the fairway,that's about the max I would use it to go for the green. I see that the V3 is 5x magnification instead of 6x like some others. Just want to make sure that doesn't make a huge difference.

I have the Bushnell V2 and a 5 year old Nikon 800 and the Nikon picks up flags over 200 yards faster and easier.

I've shot flags from the fairway and bunkers/hazards from tees well into and over that range with no issues.

Don't underestimate the awesomeness that is the Jolt feature on the V3. I thought it was a gimmick, but it is a great feature.

I love my v3 with the Jolt feature. I was a die hard gps user....no longer !

I love my v3 with the Jolt feature. I was a die hard gps user....no longer !

I have been a die hard GPS user for years also. The v3 will be my first rangefinder and I hope my experience is the same. Thanks for all the responses THPers!

How does the v3 compare to the 1m? What advantages do you get for the extra cost of a 1m?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I picked up a V3 Slope a few weeks ago and gamed it for the first time last week. I loved it and like someone said earlier, I wish I would have picked one of these up a few years ago!!! Easy to read and quick to use.

I have a question for all of you V2 and V3 owners out there - how is the battery life on both devices? I've read on amazon and other forums that the battery life on the v2 is poor, however I haven't heard anything like that about the v3. I like the v2 (I don't want to spend the extra $100 for the Jolt feature) but if battery life is poor, then I might spend the extra $$$ on the V3 if it means I'm not spending the money on batteries.

I've had the v3 and the same battery in mine for approx. 4-5 months and played about 2 dozen rounds. I used it about 10-12 times per round on average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question for all of you V2 and V3 owners out there - how is the battery life on both devices? I've read on amazon and other forums that the battery life on the v2 is poor, however I haven't heard anything like that about the v3. I like the v2 (I don't want to spend the extra $100 for the Jolt feature) but if battery life is poor, then I might spend the extra $$$ on the V3 if it means I'm not spending the money on batteries.

Let's just say I've had the same V2 for over 2 years an haven't changed the battery yet.

Had V2 and now a V3. No problems with battery life on either. My opinion, V2 is as good as the V3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am contemplating a Bushnell V3. Might be my last golf purchase for a while. Where to get the best deal?

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Let's just say I've had the same V2 for over 2 years an haven't changed the battery yet.

I have to put a new 9v battery in my dinosaur for tomorrow's round.

I have to put a new 9v battery in my dinosaur for tomorrow's round.

I promise you the day I get a new one or won one, you get my V2!

Had the V2 for 2 years now. I've changed my battery maybe 6 times, or so. I take the battery out after each round as well. I always keep a spare in the bag though

any NIKON coolshot users ? any feedback ? looking at the 20 rangefinder very cheap but nikon have good rep for most of there products $149 or £199 pounds here ouch luckily I've got a friend visiting the states in Jan 2016 to collect me one.

I guess a must over GPS phone based rangefinders ? fed up waiting for it to search an accurate number

any NIKON coolshot users ? any feedback ? looking at the 20 rangefinder very cheap but nikon have good rep for most of there products $149 or £199 pounds here ouch luckily I've got a friend visiting the states in Jan 2016 to collect me one.

I guess a must over GPS phone based rangefinders ? fed up waiting for it to search an accurate number

I just reviewed this one recently. It's under 200 and works pretty well. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/precision-pro-nexus-laser-rangefinder-review/

I have not used a Nikon one. I know Canadan reviewed one also under 200, I believe it was the Golf Buddy.
Not a fan of GPS through the phone. I prefer a Bushnell watch. More accurate IMO and no waiting on numbers.

I have a V2 and play at least twice a weak and get 3-4 months probably.

I have an older Leopold, it works great at my course as our flag sticks have the mirrors on them. When playing a course that does not have the mirrors it struggles to lock on.
What would be a good range finder for courses that have flags with no mirrors?

I have an older Leopold, it works great at my course as our flag sticks have the mirrors on them. When playing a course that does not have the mirrors it struggles to lock on.
What would be a good range finder for courses that have flags with no mirrors?

I have a Leupold GX-4i[SUP]2[/SUP] which does just about everything you can imagine, and it does it very well. I find the red OLED display works great in all all lighting conditions, and their optics are outstanding. Great optics shouldn't be a surprise considering their rifle scope heritage, tack sharp and durable. IMO, their Customer Service is absolutely second to none. It's common for Leupold to replace defective rangefinders and scopes well past their warranty period.

Lastly, when I was doing my comparison I preferred their egronomics, fit, and finish of the Leupolds when I was doing my comparisons. If you can, go to a golf shop and try various models side by side and see what you think for yourself.

Good luck with your search!

I change batteries on my V3 every once a year, and I play at least once a week.

Bought a Bushnell Tour V2 6 months ago and the battery just went out Sunday. Play twice a week and use it to measure about 75% of shots into the green.

Back