Live Club Testing - Come Join Us

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Those in the Tampa Bay area (and surrounding) THP hopes you are ready for a fun 2016. This year we are going to be doing some very cool things with local testing, FlightScope and of course on course trials. The first in a series of these is set to kick off really soon, so we wanted to make sure everybody had the details.

When & Where
Saturday - January 9th, 2016
Course - Lake Jovita (Cost approximately $50)
Tee Times start at 11:50am
Range time starts at 10:30am

How It Will Work
For the first one of the year, we are looking to accomplish 3 things.
1. Have fun!
2. Two drivers going head to head on FlightScope to get hard data from all different skill levels.
3. Testing prototype golf balls before they hit market.

THP always chooses FlightScope for testing, for the most reliable information for golfers anywhere.

We will also have a number of other items for people to test out, both on the course and on the range should they choose. The THP Tour Van will be making the trip and we will fill it with some cool stuff that has not been released in stores as of yet that everybody can test out if they choose.

If you are interested in joining, just post in this thread that you will be coming and we will continually update the 1st post. We do ask that each person be a member of the 2016 Albatross Club. THP has partnered with a wonderful charity in the Humane Society for a donation in the name of this community all through the help of the 2016 Albatross Club. For details or signing up, click here.

Afterwards if people want to get together for food and drink, we can make arrangements at the time. Please remember that while golf with THPers is always a blast, we are going to be a bit organized on the range, so that we can capture this hard data for use on the THP website.

Come join us and be a part of great fun, wonderful equipment and a round of golf with THPers. All skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. Hope to see some of the local THPers out there with us.

Foursomes
In order they will tee off

Tadashi70
GRCTampa
Trey3D
JB

mikedean441
War Eagle
c.a.eleric
flaMtneer

Wake
jim54
v.man
Sox Fan

Troyefl
rjb01camaross
jhoefer99
X.Man

dwchockey13
Mward
rocky350z
Greg Kulbick

Last edited:
Sounds awesome.

The two drivers will be the same per participant?
Clubs will be announced at a later date?

• Admin
Sounds awesome.

The two drivers will be the same per participant?
Clubs will be announced at a later date?

Yes they will be.
Clubs might be announced.

Count me in.

Hmmm I will be on the other side of the state. Might be worth making the drive across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im in. Sounds like a blast. Love that golf course.

This sounds like fun, all you locals need to sign up and get in on this!

Oh Florida and you're Winter weather, mocking those of us above the 31st Parallel!

Best course in the area, I'll be there.

Please put me on the list, just happened to log in from the airport.

To quick of a turnaround to fly down but maybe the next time.

This sounds like a blast, count me in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count me in!

hells yes. in!

I'm in, can't wait

Loved my last trip to Tampa, add some cool driver testing and prototype balls, and this is a serious ponder...

Didnt I win last time we played there? Thought we had a side match going on...

You won the Internet and a drive but I don't remember you beating me :D

Loved my last trip to Tampa, add some cool driver testing and prototype balls, and this is a serious ponder...

There are a ton of events on the schedule this year, I would hate to see someone spend a bunch of money to come down for a single round of golf.

I'm going to try to make this happen. Looks like about a 6 1/2 hour drive over to Tampa which, although not a day trip, is manageable. I can make a weekend out of it. :angel:

I'm going to try to make this happen. Looks like about a 6 1/2 hour drive over to Tampa which, although not a day trip, is manageable. I can make a weekend out of it. :angel:

Ill say the same thing to you that I said to Rambler. While we would love to have you (both), that is a lot of driving for a round of golf.

Ill say the same thing to you that I said to Rambler. While we would love to have you (both), that is a lot of driving for a round of golf.

It is, in truth, and I know your intent with these it slanted more towards local gatherings. But, it isn't just a round of golf. It's a round with THPers whom I admire and enjoy being with. We'll see how things work out over the next several weeks. If the group gets a little large, or if I have trouble pulling it off, I'm know there will be other possible opportunities.

2.5hrs for me. Getting home takes almost that with traffic from Orlando.

It is, in truth, and I know your intent with these it slanted more towards local gatherings. But, it isn't just a round of golf. It's a round with THPers whom I admire and enjoy being with. We'll see how things work out over the next several weeks. If the group gets a little large, or if I have trouble pulling it off, I'm know there will be other possible opportunities.

I will put you on the list for now v.man

Back