Mountain Dew Wings

Could be worth the trip. Always have a Mountain Dew cube case in the house.

Dan
Divot Diggers Golf

Sharing the love of golf through those that suck at it

Not a fan of BWW. But it does sound interesting.

These sound tastey!

I didn't think the Angry Orchard Apple Ale wings would be good. I tried them, I loved them. I'll at least give these a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trying these tom!

I could actually see that combo working well.

I have a large spot in my heart for BDubs and their wings. A couple months ago (maybe a year? I can't remember) they have a sauce made with Angry Orchard hard cider, and it was my favorite. Seeing as how I am, ok used to be, a HEAVY Dew drinker, I am very excited tomorrow when I will have dinner at Bdubs and will report back with how this sauce it

Curious to hear what the feedback on these Dew wings is. I am thinking about putting a group order in for lunch and trying these. When I called the store manager, she told me that the test group at their restaurant was not too impressed with them. That generally doesn't deter me too much as people's tastes are so different. That being said, when a group consensus agrees on something like that, it's usually not too far off. But I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll still have to try them on my own.

Just ordered. Will know soon if I'll order them again.

Just ordered. Will know soon if I'll order them again.

Definitely a citrus flavor to them. A slight heat kick but its way down on the scale. It's like they merged an orange glaze with a dash of hot pepper. Wont bother again.

Wish they would bring jammin jalapeno back though.

f545caf3584f849ecf87e87c2eddc628.jpg

Darn it, now I'm hungry for wings!

The wife and I both thought they were tasty. I wouldn't have made the Mountain Dew connection without hearing the name first however.

seriously makes me want some wings. Thanks for the insight on them from those that have tried so far. i'm more tempted to try them hearing more on them, but I'm not big on citrusy flavor on wings so doubt I'd like them that much even if I did try them.

Spoke to the manager after eating and he wasn't a fan. He also said avoid the molé flavor that they also have out for a limited time.

Good to hear on the mole'. I was thinking about giving that a shot. One of the things I heard is that you can make out the mountain dew as a bit of after-taste. Did you get that? Howzat said he didn't make much of a Dew connection.

Good to hear on the mole'. I was thinking about giving that a shot. One of the things I heard is that you can make out the mountain dew as a bit of after-taste. Did you get that? Howzat said he didn't make much of a Dew connection.
Nah, I didn't get much of a Mt. Dew connection at all. Citrus-y yes, but not specifically Mt Dew. If anything, a bit more orangey than whatever flavor Mt. Dew is supposed to be. There was a minor kick to them, but that warmth only hit my mouth after the fifth wing or so.

As gross as these appear to me, i keep coming back to this thread.... Now that there are some in hand pictures.... BWW might be in my near future.

Yuck! I'm a traditionalist...buffalo wing sauce, medium, extra-crispy every time.

Yuck! I'm a traditionalist...buffalo wing sauce, medium, extra-crispy every time.
Having spent my young adult life in Buffalo I'd have to agree. Except I go hot, and prefer the wings to stay wet. Bleu cheese as well ... none of this ranch crud.

Honestly still haven't found wings as good as they make at Duff's and lord knows, I've tried. Anchor Bar is a close second, but I spent way more time (and money) at Duffs.

Having spent my young adult life in Buffalo I'd have to agree. Except I go hot, and prefer the wings to stay wet. Bleu cheese as well ... none of this ranch crud.

Honestly still haven't found wings as good as they make at Duff's and lord knows, I've tried. Anchor Bar is a close second, but I spent way more time (and money) at Duffs.
Nothing even comes close to duffs for me. I have tried finding a wing to compare all over the country and nothing stacks up at all. Amazing to me as I wouldn't think it would be something so hard to replicate

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back