Coolest thing you've seen on a course

Another hawk story, the hawk had been flying around the course all day and then we spot it in a tree as I am about to putt. The hawk goes into full swoop attack mode flies by my head no more than 5-10 feet and grabs a rabbit right behind the green and takes off.

At the Inn of the Mountain Gods course in Ruidoso, NM a couple of years ago, we had zipped around 15 holes with no one in front of us. On 16 we got caught behind 2 couples, and they were SLOOOOOOW...

Whenever they would be close enough to the green, I'd say "get in the hole" for every approach shot they hit (only loud enough for the guys in my group to hear of course). When we got to the 18th hole (a long par-3), our tee box was high up on a hill; the ladies tee box was underneath us and hidden from our sight. I finally see a ball rolling on the ground toward the green. I say "get in the hole", and sure enough, that ball rolled the entire length of the hole and went in for an ace! Haha - that was pretty cool!

Golfing around Elk at Estes Park in CO was pretty cool

Saw an alligator on two different occasions in South Florida on a golf course catching some rays in the sand trap near the lakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50+ THPer's taking over a driving range.

50+ THPer's taking over a driving range.

Speaking of range, I was at my local range one morning and another guy shows up a few minutes later. He's a lefty also.

Then a little while later another man shows up. Another lefty.

3 leftys on the range at once and no one else.

My brother hit a hole in one on a shank( it hit a rock on a hillside and end up rolling in) sometimes better luck than good

I was playing the Patriot’s Point course in Charleston on a Friday afternoon when the Blue Angels were practicing for a Saturday show over Charleston Harbor. Four jets came right down our fairway at a little over treetop level. Deafening, but very cool!

I was playing the Patriot’s Point course in Charleston on a Friday afternoon when the Blue Angels were practicing for a Saturday show over Charleston Harbor. Four jets came right down our fairway at a little over treetop level. Deafening, but very cool!

That's the sound of freedom!

In daylight, my buddy getting an ace on the Tour 18 recreation of #12 from Augusta National.

Probably this.

i-PTFWpkd-XL-400x300.jpg

I was playing in a member-guest and saw a older gentleman go down with what looked to be a heart attack on a green. I was in the next group in the fairway. His playing partner quickly started CPR and got him back quickly. Having played that two-some earlier in the day I knew the guy doing the CPR was a doctor....and the older guys son. It was pretty cool to see them both later in the day.

Or... I was playing Pebble with work friends who had a good expense account. We had a great day. Lots of good golf and stress free. After we tee'd off on 18 I saw one of my buddies get something out of his bag. He walked up the fairway by himself and was dumping something out. I sensed these were ashes. His fathers who never played Pebble but sure had a son who loved him. I shed a few tears thinking about the gesture.

I was playing in a member-guest and saw a older gentleman go down with what looked to be a heart attack on a green. I was in the next group in the fairway. His playing partner quickly started CPR and got him back quickly. Having played that two-some earlier in the day I knew the guy doing the CPR was a doctor....and the older guys son. It was pretty cool to see them both later in the day.

That'd be special kinda cool!

A baby deer couldn't have been more than an hour old, still basically covered in fluid. He was stumbling around while the mom would nudge him along. He then took a few steps. The mom looked back and started running just a few steps then the baby copied it and a few minutes of that and they ran back in the woods. Didn't have a camera but by far the coolest thing I have seen. The thing couldn't have been more then 20 pounds, was so tiny.

After reading about the heart attack post it reminded me of something. When I was younger I was on a long par 5 and then I hear what sounded like a big truck. I look over my shoulder and it’s a fire truck driving down the cart path. Apparently a guy had a heart attck on the green and they were driving to him. Found out the next time I played there he didn’t make it. IMO I would rather go that way than sitting at my work desk.

The views of the Smokies from the 18th tee box at Seqouyah National are hard to beat.

After reading about the heart attack post it reminded me of something. When I was younger I was on a long par 5 and then I hear what sounded like a big truck. I look over my shoulder and it’s a fire truck driving down the cart path. Apparently a guy had a heart attck on the green and they were driving to him. Found out the next time I played there he didn’t make it. IMO I would rather go that way than sitting at my work desk.

Me too.

At my home course a long time ago, there was a police chase and apparently the criminal ran onto the course and was hiding in one of the bushes. On the hole I was playing at, the two cops told me to stop playing for a few minutes. They had their guns out of their holsters just in case something happened. I didn't see them catching the dude but the news said they caught him a few holes away from where I was.

Another related story, I wasn't there for this but my friend was playing at a course in Westlake Village, CA and a plane crashed on the fairway. He was there to see it all happen.

Two times.. When my oldest son at 18 (he is now 24) beat me the first time.

The 2nd when my youngest son (age 11) birdied a par 3 last weekend after hitting his tee shot to about 5 feet and then made the putt.

Just spent the weekend at Lakewood Shores playing the Gailes and Serradella with them and my brother in law and his sons and it was awesome.

It's fun to golf with buddies but introducing the game to your kids and setting up a lifetime of playing together with your children is priceless.

I saw 50+ THPers smiling, laughing, and having a great time at Grand Cypress last weekend. That was pretty damn cool.

I saw 50+ THPers smiling, laughing, and having a great time at Grand Cypress last weekend. That was pretty damn cool.
If you're into that kind of thing.

Back