Coolest thing you've seen on a course

I saw 50+ THPers smiling, laughing, and having a great time at Grand Cypress last weekend. That was pretty damn cool.

And not a jerk in the bunch, unless you count Ron and his need to hurt people.

A baby deer couldn't have been more than an hour old, still basically covered in fluid. He was stumbling around while the mom would nudge him along. He then took a few steps. The mom looked back and started running just a few steps then the baby copied it and a few minutes of that and they ran back in the woods. Didn't have a camera but by far the coolest thing I have seen. The thing couldn't have been more then 20 pounds, was so tiny.

Sounds delicious! Yummm... :clown:

At my home course a long time ago, there was a police chase and apparently the criminal ran onto the course and was hiding in one of the bushes. On the hole I was playing at, the two cops told me to stop playing for a few minutes. They had their guns out of their holsters just in case something happened. I didn't see them catching the dude but the news said they caught him a few holes away from where I was.

Another related story, I wasn't there for this but my friend was playing at a course in Westlake Village, CA and a plane crashed on the fairway. He was there to see it all happen.

I hope they marked that as ground under repair, but if it's anything like the courses I play frequently, they probably didn't. Just leave it that way and make people play out of it!

^^Snakes getting along versus one snake getting dinner vv
hc2Pqft.jpg

Oh Hell No!!

This is not very exciting but I saw a bobcat scamper across the fairway of #9 at my home course. It is the first time I recall seeing a bobcat outside of captivity.

The other one is this: My buddy managed to splash a cart on a local private course.

I had the pleasure of getting in and pushing while the maintenance guys gunned the Gator-type buggymobile.20180624_154531.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Coolest thing you've seen on a course

A bald eagle frequently circles over the course when we tee off in the AM. Those are some cool birds...in my opinion.

On the other end of the bird spectrum. A helicopter landed on the range while we were practicing this evening. Course hosted a scramble and somebody won a ride.

207d4e670f0867729b45b18f25a7dd48.jpg

06dbb67eb8d9cf46d5e7237b3daf6459.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to see MWard play at a THP event (Trophy Club of Atlanta of memory serves me correctly) dressed like a Leprechaun. And he went to McDonald's before the round dressed the same way. Good times!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I saw a black bear tackle and destroy a deer in the middle of the fairway while we were on the tee. It was a bloody mess.

I saw a black bear tackle and destroy a deer in the middle of the fairway while we were on the tee. It was a bloody mess.
Makes me think how easy it would be for the bear to decide to go for a golfer instead. If it can catch an effing deer, a golfer wouldn't have a chance.

Playing a course in New Orleans, hit my drive next to a log on the fairway. Walk up to ball, the log was an alligator.
But the coolest was when for a private tournament the organizer sent a nude refreshment girl out on the course in cart.
That would probably trigger a lawsuit in current society's lack of sanity.

Smallville;n8026637 said:
Makes me think how easy it would be for the bear to decide to go for a golfer instead. If it can catch an effing deer, a golfer wouldn't have a chance.

You wouldn’t have to be the fastest in your 4some, but you couldn’t be the slowest.... If you are, grab your 7i and pray:)

I was playing an early morning round outside of Scottsdale a while back. Had the course to myself except for a lone coyote. He tracked along side of me by about 30-40 feet for 4 holes. It was pretty cool. He just casually walked along as I played, and would stop every time I hit the ball.

I played at the golf course in Glacier National Park and saw a Moose on a hole. Then I saw a black bear later on traveling up the side of a hill in the distance. I was on full alert.

Long time ago I saw someone on a par 3 hit the top of the flagstick and the ball rebounded of the stick to the back of the green. The guy walked up to the green lined up his putt and sack it for a birdie. The length of the putt was at least 40 ft.

ArmyGolf;n8026556 said:

If you hit into that is it a free drop?

I used to live in the Florida Panhandle and played the course on Hurlburt AFB a lot. Was not uncommon to see an Alligator by or in a pond. Had a buddy from Ohio down one time and we went off to play a round. He hit his ball into the right trees and by a well known pond...he didn't see the gator until we were about 5 feet from it. I stopped and pointed it out......he tried to exit the cart on my side screaming.........

First time playing w/ THPers... I hit one into the tall grass, walked off to find it, and was immediately surrounded by the other 3 THPers in my foursome, all of them looking hard to find my lost ball. Says a lot about the sort of golfers we have here.

ArmyGolf;n8026556 said:

Nature, black bears are all cuddly until they try to eat your face off.

Mwinte86 ;n8023302 said:
Playing a course in Baton Rouge there are train tracks that run through the course and while playing there was a train that came through while playing. It was pretty cool.

Oh that had to be the LSU golf course. The current #16 is where I saw a buddy hit a ball off one of those trains. It was hilarious. If you walk those train tracks you once could find a gazzillion balls. That is a tight par 5, great hole, followed by a very long par 4 basically the same length. Back when hole 10 was where the current alex box is there was a cool dog leg left. When I first started playing golf, I was constantly slicing the ball onto those tracks pointing right and trying to hit a hook which I just cannot do.

I had a very small fox, must have been immature, trot out of the woods and grab my golf ball almost before it stopped rolling. Took it and hid behind a tree. I worried that any critter that bold might have rabies or something so I waited until it lost interest and wandered back off into the woods.

I found the ball kind of shoved up under a tree root in some leaves but didn't want to touch it. Pried it out with my wedge and swatted it into a nearby water hazard.

Wonder if you can catch rabies from handling a ball that's been in the mouth of a fox, bet you can!

pmm21;n8897228 said:
I was playing an early morning round outside of Scottsdale a while back. Had the course to myself except for a lone coyote. He tracked along side of me by about 30-40 feet for 4 holes. It was pretty cool. He just casually walked along as I played, and would stop every time I hit the ball.

He was sizing up his potential breakfast! ????

Stemmy66;n8898576 said:
He was sizing up his potential breakfast! ????

Haha. That's what I started to think, but he never got any closer to me. I think he just wanted some company

Posted by my thumbs.

When I was a kid there was a family of deer that appeared on the golf course, they would stroll along with you, let you pet them, hang out watch golf. A friend of mine thought it would be cool for the deer to carry his golf bag, he put the shoulder strap on him and he carried his bag almost a full hole and then the deer took off with his clubs jumped a barbed wire fence and no more clubs for my buddy. I can still remember his dad chewing his butt out at the course, in the car, at home. It was epic. ????

Back