Coolest thing you've seen on a course

rocullen

Reaction score
I'll start.

I was at the range, years ago, and was going over some stuff in my head. Just kinda looking out over the course when a father and his two sons approached a short par 3; about 135 yards. I thought to myself the dad must be having some real fun.

The youngest son, about 12 hits a nice shot about 15 feet short of the hole and I thought to myself, "he's put some pressure on old dad".

Dad hits it to about 8 feet.

The eldest son, probably 16 or so, must be really feeling some pressure. He proceeds to ace it........hole in one. I spoke up and said I'd be a witness. They all grinned and waved at me. I was feeling real good inside about the day and proceeded to have a pretty good range session.

Sometimes, when I look at my phone to track my round in GolfPad, I catch a glimpse of my reflection in the screen. That's pretty cool. :clown:

I saw a hawk running after a rabbit once. Caught it too.

I also ran into a snapping turtle between the first and tenth holes, and the closest pond was four fairways away (1st, 4th, 5th, 8th holes). Just out for a walk.

I saw a hawk running after a rabbit once. Caught it too.

Mine was similar. About 4-5 weeks back I saw a hawk come up out of a creek that was fronting a green with a rather large snake. It landed in the fairway and worked that snake over!

Seen a hole in one at the Morgan Cup. That was pretty cool. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, too.

I saw two rattlesnakes all wrapped around each other rolling all over the place. My guess is that they were mating. That was off the back of the green on hole 5 I think? at Pala Mesa Resort.

Whiskey

I saw two rattlesnakes all wrapped around each other rolling all over the place. My guess is that they were mating. That was off the back of the green on hole 5 I think? at Pala Mesa Resort.

Whiskey
Like this?

54f2e24697fbe5b45859fcadde42c10b.jpg

A well struck ball as it is in flight.

A foursome dressed as Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and a red-topped mushroom.

And yes, they were drunk as lords.

Playing a course in Baton Rouge there are train tracks that run through the course and while playing there was a train that came through while playing. It was pretty cool.

Playing a course in Baton Rouge there are train tracks that run through the course and while playing there was a train that came through while playing. It was pretty cool.
Do they have gates that come down when the train comes through?

I was flashed by a hot blonde at my local golf course.

Saw a really cool fox that came about 25’ from us and stayed with our group for about 3 holes a few years ago....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One time I rolled up to a tee box and started chatting with some of the foursome in front of us because we were fairly backed up. Turned out the entire foursome were left handed.

That or.

I was playing Indian creek, it’s the new web.com tour stop in Omaha. 9th hole I just absolutely missed a putt about 2 feet left and 3 feet long. Like pissed at myself I could miss that poorly...before I could say anything the ball had ended up on a slight incline which causes the ball to roll back into the hole.

I witnessed a Canadian goose attack my buddy in all its feathery fury. His frantic defensive swings of his golf bag launched his beloved Titleist irons as if they were roman candles.

His panicked and repeated shrieking, "Billy, HELP ME!!!" just made it even better.

Watched a THPer shoot a 63. That was pretty cool

A fellow groomsman made a HOI during the wedding party's morning of the wedding round of golf.

Was warming up on the range and looked over and next to me was none other than HOF NHL goalie Ed Belfour. Found out he had joined my club a couple of months ago. He had a pretty good swing also.

And then years ago I saw a hawk swoop and grab a rabbit. It loooked effortless.

Playing a par 5 and two F-16s come in off the ocean about 500 feet up. One chased the other down the fairway with the lead one upside down.

A friend's albatross with a 2-iron from 220-230 yards out.

Cookie's HIO at the Morgan Cup has to be up there for me with all of the folks standing around watching.

Back