2016 Olympic Golf

That is really odd considering they had to be considered among the favorites with him and Day.

Interesting to say the least. Wonder if there is more to the story.

Gotta be more to that story it would seem.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think he just values the major championships this year more than the Olympics. He has said multiple times earlier this year that it wasn't a foregone conclusion that he would play in the Olympics, now he's confirming it.

Guess everyone has different goals, nothing wrong with that.

Guess everyone has different goals, nothing wrong with that.

I have to disagree a bit. I think there is something wrong with not wanting to represent your country in the Olympics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to disagree a bit. I think there is something wrong with not wanting to represent your country in the Olympics.

It honestly lowers my view of him.

Based on the train wreck that is Rio and the potential health hazards, plus the nightmare it was to get the course built, this wasn't a huge surprise IMO.

Could he potentially regret it? Maybe one day when he's retired. Then again, maybe not.

I'm not a fan of this decision, but he may have some legit reasons he isn't letting on.

Fair points. Maybe he's being a pro's pro and saying it's because of his schedule when it's really the logistics and health cluster going on in Rio.

Way to represent your homeland, Adam.

No surprise really. He had hinted at it. Between the location, cluster **** of a country, and the fact you have to basically let the Olympic doping people know where you are every day it really is a pain in the ass.

That sucks. I'm sure he has some other reasons for this. It would be nice for everyone to view it an honour to represent your country in any fashion. Though I know that is just not the case. If he has any regrets it's going to be a 4 year wait and he may not qualify. So who is the likely replacement?

Still think this should be more of a team event, I would really like that.

Leishman or Lee most likely.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions on Scott, especially when it comes to Rio. That place looks and sounds like an absolute hell hole.

My sentiments. Coupled with requiring the players to stay in Olympic Village I'd be inclined to skip it as well.

Isn't Lee New Zealand?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
loooooooooool I am awful, New Zealand flag and Australia look way too similar.

I live in Uganda where Malaria is very common, I've never had it though. But I can fully appreciate the fear of Zika. Especially considering the supposed effects it has on babies. I can fully understand why someone would not want to go and I do not feel that this is a reason to think any less of somebody.

I am looking forward to the Olympics! I think it is good for golf to be part of that

Good for Adam. I'm curious how many other players decline in the near future. Is it just him at Vijay at this point?

[h=1]Louis Oosthuizen pulls out of Rio Olympics[/h]

With every withdrawal Canada's chances get a little better....right?

haha yeah, for sure... DeLaet is going to beard his way onto the podium.
Nobody is going to mug him with that grizzly bear on his face anyways.

Is this the first time golf has been in the olympics?This is going to be awesome

Back