The Ricoh Women's British Open

thommo.sx

Frosty treacherous wretch
Reaction score
Handicap
There's some real Stenson / Mickelson stuff going on right now between Phatlum and Hall. Co Leaders at -16, 4 clear of the field on the 14th. Being played at placid Royal Lytham & St Anne's.

Loving watching this. Really pulling hard for Georgia to win it. She has been my favorite golfer, man or woman, since I watched her in the Women's British Open last year.

And she goes up by 1 with 2 to play!!!

Phatlum has been unbelievable. Numerous times I thought she was going to drop shots but she always finds a way to not.

Looking really good for Georgia. She is on the brink of being a HUGE star in England!

Up 3 with 1 to play. Play it SAFE Georgia!

Safe off 18 tee.

Hell of a final round by Georgia Hall! Major Champion!!!

great golf closing out the back 9 today for Ms. Hall. Congrats!

Was a brilliant round from Georgia.

I have to say, Phatlam's swing is absolutely beautiful - the kind of swing I'm trying to work towards. Just pure.

Quality round, lovely speech.

Good work Georgia (born 2 days before Faldo’s 96 Masters win)

Not really interested in women’s golf, but that’s a good result for Georgia Hall. Her swing is a thing of beauty!!

#FiberLaunch

I'd love to see her WITB. Thought I saw an Apex cf-16 iron, and although she had Rogue headcovers, looked like an Epic 3 wood. Anybody know more?

I'd love to see her WITB. Thought I saw an Apex cf-16 iron, and although she had Rogue headcovers, looked like an Epic 3 wood. Anybody know more?

Here ya go.

GBB Epic Driver (9*)
Rogue Fairway Wood (15*)
Apex CF16 Irons (3-4)
X Forged 18 Irons (5-PW)
Mack Daddy 4 Wedges (50*, 54, 58*)
Odyssey White Hot RX Rossi’s Putter
Titleist Pro V1

Here ya go.

GBB Epic Driver (9*)
Rogue Fairway Wood (15*)
Apex CF16 Irons (3-4)
X Forged 18 Irons (5-PW)
Mack Daddy 4 Wedges (50*, 54, 58*)
Odyssey White Hot RX Rossi’s Putter
Titleist Pro V1
I thought she had an Apex / X Forged mix. Thanks for posting!

They did a little bit on her in the Sky Zone, and she put in the 3 iron specifically for this event. She apparently got told by Tom Lehman to go short of the bunkers, and hit long irons in, which she said she enjoyed doing and had no fear of. She said the 3i was her safety shot off the tee, that she could put it back in her stance and compress it for a runner rather than trying to hit it high.

They did a little bit on her in the Sky Zone, and she put in the 3 iron specifically for this event. She apparently got told by Tom Lehman to go short of the bunkers, and hit long irons in, which she said she enjoyed doing and had no fear of. She said the 3i was her safety shot off the tee, that she could put it back in her stance and compress it for a runner rather than trying to hit it high.

The only time I remember seeing her hitting it off the tee Sunday was on 16 and 17 when both she and Phatlum went way right. She hit several 3 woods, quite proficiently, off the tee. They did reference her discussions with Lehman at least once per day on the broadcasts. She played in some kind of charity event with him a few weeks ago and they had dinner earier last week prior to the start of the tournament. Saturday was really the only day when she found bunker issues but the putter was always there to bail her out.

The only time I remember seeing her hitting it off the tee Sunday was on 16 and 17 when both she and Phatlum went way right. She hit several 3 woods, quite proficiently, off the tee. They did reference her discussions with Lehman at least once per day on the broadcasts. She played in some kind of charity event with him a few weeks ago and they had dinner earier last week prior to the start of the tournament. Saturday was really the only day when she found bunker issues but the putter was always there to bail her out.

Yeah - Sky Zone was on the Wednesday evening, when they were experiencing windy conditions. She used it more Thu & Fri than over the weekend to be fair.

Back