Lost Golfer

Working on trying to improve
Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody have a problem with not getting a stable stance? My buddies tell me I’m moving my feet during my swing but I don’t feel it. Don’t know how to correct it if I don’t know I’m doing it. Any suggestions?

Anybody have a problem with not getting a stable stance? My buddies tell me I’m moving my feet during my swing but I don’t feel it. Don’t know how to correct it if I don’t know I’m doing it. Any suggestions?

Brace into your left side a bit more. If you're braced, you're not likely to be moving around during the swing.

Brace into your left side a bit more. If you're braced, you're not likely to be moving around during the swing.

Why would bracing into my left side stop that? I usually try to brace into the inside of my right leg/knee to avoid a sway. Could this be part of the problem? Thanks.

Why would bracing into my left side stop that? I usually try to brace into the inside of my right leg/knee to avoid a sway. Could this be part of the problem? Thanks.

Because when people move their feet during the swing, it is more often the left foot.

Your left leg is your primary support (assuming you're a right-hander). Think as if you were getting ready to fire a high-powered rifle. You would be firm on your left side, with your right leg bracing into your left. If you braced on the right side without bracing into the left, you'd still get knocked on your butt when that rifle fired.

Because when people move their feet during the swing, it is more often the left foot.

Your left leg is your primary support (assuming you're a right-hander). Think as if you were getting ready to fire a high-powered rifle. You would be firm on your left side, with your right leg bracing into your left. If you braced on the right side without bracing into the left, you'd still get knocked on your butt when that rifle fired.

Thanks for explaining that wade. I appreciate the tip and I will work on it. Thanks again for the response and the help.

This may or may not help. A teacing pro gave me a swing thought that seems to have really limited my sway tendency. It is "Push with the left hand backwards to start the backswing." When I do that, I seem to load a bit more weight on my left side. due to the natural reaction of weight shift to counter a pushing motion? Maybe. Just a tip.

This may or may not help. A teacing pro gave me a swing thought that seems to have really limited my sway tendency. It is "Push with the left hand backwards to start the backswing." When I do that, I seem to load a bit more weight on my left side. due to the natural reaction of weight shift to counter a pushing motion? Maybe. Just a tip.

Awesome tip. I’ll try it. Thanks!

Back