The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats is not good Brad. Sorry to hear that news, we are all here for your family.

I'm so sorry Braddman. Can't imagine what you all are going through.

So very sorry to read about your loss, Brad. Prayers for you and your wife.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

We will be praying for you guy's bradmann .

iTunes on Windows suckssss.

Absolutely gutted, and completely numb right now. We lost the baby. I have absolutely no clue what to do

I'm so sorry to hear this Brad. My best friend and his wife went through this a couple of years ago. Their faith really helped them get through the situation. Prayers are with you.

Absolutely gutted, and completely numb right now. We lost the baby. I have absolutely no clue what to do

My wife and I suffered through this also. Be a rock for Mrs. Braddman and know you've got a lot of support here when you need it.

Sorry Brad. Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, and the personal messages everyone. Very appreciated!

I'm so so sorry. I know exactly how you feel as my wife and I went through the same thing with twins. If you need someone to talk to, PM me, brother.

Again, I'm so so sorry.

I wish I had the words Brad, just know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

Brad

So sorry to hear that. Wish I had the perfect words, but there just are none. My thoughts are with you and your wife..

My boss came to me today and told me another task was being added to my position. Another task on top of the list I already do that I don't have time nor help in doing. I have officially succumbed to the fact that I have been the captain of a ship, with absolutely no crew. This captain just jumped ship.

I officially stepped down from my position today. My health, my family, and my mental state are more important then work. It pains me to know I failed, but my family has taken a hard hit on the amount of time and stress my job has taken. I'm not fortunate enough to be able to quit, but I'm giving the reigns to someone else and becoming a "staff nurse" instead of a clinical charge nurse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kortney

My wife went through something very similar to this - also in the health field. She is a PT, and took a rehab manager position. Probably the worst couple years of her life - and it indeed put a lot of stress on our home life. She resigned, went back to be a staff PT, and working 2 Saturdays extra a month she makes more than what she did as the rehab manager - without drama and BS. The real benefit those is that she doesn't have all that stress, and is happy again. I REALLY worried about her for some time.

You made a decision in the best interest of your family ( and based on what you were going through, your best interest as well! ) - that can never be the wrong decision.

Our home was burglarized today. Thankfully, the dog is fine and that was my main concern, as I knew everyone else wasn't here. They broke one of the front windows, went through that, then opened the front door. Laptop, my wife's engagement ring, a pair of my nicer cuff links, a necklace my Mom gave me for baptism, all gone.

They also took our passports, which were expired, but now they have our photo and information and I anticipate will try to open credit card accounts, whatever.

Does anyone know how to prevent that from happening or at least put some extra roadblocks to make it more difficult for that to happen? I'm guessing lifelock or something like that but am open to any other suggestions.

Just kind of in shock right now. And am seething. But everyone is fine so that is most important.

Wow Chris - that sucks man. Hope at least some things get recovered - but really glad you and the family ( including the dog! ) are o.k.

We had that happen 4 years ago - just a surreal feeling. Ended up it was our punk ass next door neighbor...

So sorry for you and your family brad. Thoughts and prayers are heading your way

Can I get your opinion...

I received an e-mail from my best friends 16 yr old daughter over the weekend. It was a gofundme.com e-mail via his daughter.
She wants to go to Europe this summer, and is asking for donations.
She has no job.

I ignored the initial request, but then a few days later got an e-mail from her directly (also sent to 6 other people) explaining why she wants to go.

I'm not close with her.

I don't want to donate any money towards her trip.
She doesn't have a job. She's doing horrible in school.

When I was a kid, my hockey team travelled out of the country and we had to work our butts off to raise money.

She got my e-mail address from her dad (along with the other 6 e-mail addresses).

I feel like it's kind of out of line for her to request money for me to pay for her vacation.

I would never let my kids do the same.

I was initially going to just ignore the e-mails.

Then today I was thinking I will say I'll donate $200 if she gets straight A's from here on out.

But, I'm raising my own kids. I don't feel like that's fair. I don't do that for my kids. Why should I do it for someone else's?

Lastly, I was thinking about just donating $20. It's such a small amount in the big picture I feel like they can't help but get the message I don't want to participate in paying for her vacation.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

I received an e-mail from my best friends 16 yr old daughter over the weekend. It was a gofundme.com e-mail via his daughter.
She has no job.

I ignored the initial request, but then a few days later got an e-mail from her directly (also sent to 6 other people) explaining why she wants to go.

I'm not close with her.

When I was a kid, my hockey team travelled out of the country and we had to work our butts off to raise money.

She got my e-mail address from her dad (along with the other 6 e-mail addresses).

I feel like it's kind of out of line for her to request money for me to pay for her vacation.

Then today I was thinking I will say I'll donate $200 if she gets straight A's from here on out.

But, I'm raising my own kids. I don't feel like that's fair. I don't do that for my kids. Why should I do it for someone else's?

Lastly, I was thinking about just donating $20. It's such a small amount in the big picture I feel like they can't help but get the message I don't want to participate in paying for her vacation.

If this was part of a school or choir or sports trip and they really needed fundraising, I'd consider it. Not a fan of the impersonal email for soliciting. If this really is just a vacation, I say tough luck.

If this was part of a school or choir or sports trip and they really needed fundraising, I'd consider it. Not a fan of the impersonal email for soliciting. If this really is just a vacation, I say tough luck.
This.

It's annoying how easy it is to beg for money now with the internet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This.

It's annoying how easy it is to beg for money now with the internet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
No joke.

For legitimate purposes, it's great. But it's too easy for illegitimate reasons.

She has no job.

I'm not close with her.

I've helped out with those trying to go on a mission trip to Haiti, Dominican Republic, etc., but to go just for a vacation? Nope. Want to come mow my lawn, wash my car or something like that for a few bucks? Sure. Gofundme for your vacation? Not happening.

Seriously? A GoFundMe for a vacation?????

Wow.

Honestly, I wouldn't even respond. I've been hit up before for things like that, and I've just ignored them. Between paying for all my kids activities and fundraisers, and then paying for fundraisers for my 4 nephews and their activities... no thanks.

Brad, i am so sorry to hear that. Thoughts with you and your family big time.

She has no job.

I'm not close with her.

Given that this involves your best friend's daughter, I would talk with your friend to understand and confirm their perspective or position on their daughter's trip. Seeing that its the daughter contacting you directly, moreover, I wouldn't do anything without first talking to her parents. I would take the perspective that you may be helping a good friend by helping their daughter, but only if the friend approves the help.

No way would I pay for someones vacation. For school sure I would help out a bit. I got a go fund me request a few days ago from someone that had run up to much debit buying things (even listed the things )and wanted to pay it down with a gofundme. I didnt respond but I wanted to say take all the crap that was not needed back to the store if you cant afford it.

Amazing how some people just don't want to work for things. If you want something out of reach make it your goal to get to a point where it is in reach don't just buy it on credit (credit is not bad that is not what I am saying)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back