Odyssey Putters Thread

Odyssey Putters Thread

So those who are rolling the tank cruisers. What weights are you guys putting in at the bottom and at the grip. Spent about an hour last night on my carpet rolling a few different options. And I'm pretty set with both 20 g weights at the bottom but couldn't decide which weights to put at the top end. It is 15 g or the 30 g. What say you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So those who are rolling the tank cruisers. What weights are you guys putting in at the bottom and at the grip. Spent about an hour last night on my carpet rolling a few different options. And I'm pretty set with both 20 g weights at the bottom but couldn't decide which weights to put at the top end. It is 15 g or the 30 g. What say you?

Im running both 15g weights in the bottom and the 30g at the grip end, in my #7

Agreed. I find the stroke is effortless as long as I trust it and get out of my own way, which is sometimes difficult.
Mark my words. Practice with no thumbs on the putter grip.

Mark my words. Practice with no thumbs on the putter grip.

I shall try this tonight, I remember a Seemore review of yours mentioning this. Can you give me a quick explanation as to why? Or link me that review.

I shall try this tonight, I remember a Seemore review of yours mentioning this. Can you give me a quick explanation as to why? Or link me that review.
Forces you to let the putter gate through the stroke properly (according to your stroke type/arc). Will feel awkward as hell abs like you have no control over the puttehead but your putts will roll true and pure. Shows how much one is manipulating the putter with their hands and helps get your mind to stop that crap.

It's going to take some getting used to the face of Odyssey Works putter. Softer than I am used to and left a few short due to this. It tools great just not the hit I'm used to.

It's going to take some getting used to the face of Odyssey Works putter. Softer than I am used to and left a few short due to this. It tools great just not the hit I'm used to.

I didn't pull the trigger on the fusion RX insert until last night. Since it came out I rolled it plenty in stores and just couldn't get used to it. Something yesterday just clicked. It's definitely gonna take some time to get used to. Big fan of the white pot pro insert feel wise so took a while to come around on the fusion RX. but the roll it puts on the ball is great

10s in the head and 15 in the grip for me.

I love the guys who work the local shop here. Golf Exchange in Cincinnati is great. They got my Odyssey Milled Collection #2 bent to a more reasonable 69ish degrees and it's now setting up extremely well.

I managed to get out of there without buying the Black Series Tour Designs #4 that was 100 bucks.. It was cleeaaaaaaaaaan.

I love the guys who work the local shop here. Golf Exchange in Cincinnati is great. They got my Odyssey Milled Collection #2 bent to a more reasonable 69ish degrees and it's now setting up extremely well.

I managed to get out of there without buying the Black Series Tour Designs #4 that was 100 bucks.. It was cleeaaaaaaaaaan.

what was the lie angle before? Just curious if they told you or not.

I am not 100% sure as he felt the machine might need to be reset but was looking like 67.5 degrees.

That's low. That might be why it felt so weird to me, but oh well. Worked out for both of us!

Crazy how those have held value

As I understand it, the heavier the weight in the grip the lighter the head will feel and vice versa. All depends on how you want the counter balance to work. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong)

Im running both 15g weights in the bottom and the 30g at the grip end, in my #7

Same here #Greatminds

I'm right there with your guys. If I want to have he head at a heavier weight, I'll put the 20's in & the 15gm in the grip. I adore the versatility this one offers

Crazy how those have held value
Actually, as recent as 2015 spring they were like 50 on eBay. Wish I'd pulled the trigger on a couple of them.

The 9 can still be had for that price in perfect shape if you're patient enough.

Actually, as recent as 2015 spring they were like 50 on eBay. Wish I'd pulled the trigger on a couple of them.

The 9 can still be had for that price in perfect shape if you're patient enough.
I think rob had been looking for that one back in the day

Hmmm same lie angle as me. 34 inches by chance?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Have been doing a lot of looking and drooling at #6 setups in the last week. I have basically no experience with the various Odyssey lines. The metal x milled, protype tour design and black series tour design #6 models have caught my eye. Anybody have any pros / cons with these various lines?

Have been doing a lot of looking and drooling at #6 setups in the last week. I have basically no experience with the various Odyssey lines. The metal x milled, protype tour design and black series tour design #6 models have caught my eye. Anybody have any pros / cons with these various lines?

It's all going to come down to feel. While each are non insert offerings from Odyssey, they al have a unique feel/audible sound at impact. Of those listed the black series is more in line with a traditional milled putter.

Hope that helps

It's all going to come down to feel. While each are non insert offerings from Odyssey, they al have a unique feel/audible sound at impact. Of those listed the black series is more in line with a traditional milled putter.

Hope that helps
I would have guessed the protype would have been the more traditional milled feel in reading the descriptions of each.

I have a V Line, 20g toe, 10g heel, 15g in grip. Helps to keep me from turning the toe over.

Back