MacBook Pro parts

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone here do their own repair on macs? I got some accidental damage on my MacBook LCD screen. Of course it is just over 3 years old and not covered by AppleCare any longer.

The replacement looks simple enough to do on my own. I'm just looking for the best place to buy the replacement screen. Any suggestions on a reputable place for a decent price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone here do their own repair on macs? I got some accidental damage on my MacBook LCD screen. Of course it is just over 3 years old and not covered by AppleCare any longer.

The replacement looks simple enough to do on my own. I'm just looking for the best place to buy the replacement screen. Any suggestions on a reputable place for a decent price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've replaced two screens on older MBPs. It's not fun. Not the most difficult task, but it does require a bit of work. OWC was where I always sourced my parts. Then I would get them locally in Hong Kong. Now if I need something I just research the part number and buy on amazon.

Yeah I think I’m going to follow their guide to replace it but their prices for parts are high. Specifically the screen I need. I’m going the used route for a screen off of eBay in good working condition. It’s going to save me about 200.00 on the cost of having someone else buy the part and replace it for me.

Back