Exactly What Company is Thomas In?

It sure feels like he's following the same path of success as rory did on his rise, I guess the real question will be, can he sustain this level of success?

One of the crazier things to consider however is this.
Last year Thomas won the PGA Championship and POY as well as a hunk of cash for playoffs.
This year he is statistically better than last.

I think it would be awesome if we had two back to back major winners in one year. And if he comes out playing like he did this week it very well could happen......

Pretty interesting comparison photos here from a "swing guru":

So he just has to avoid years of abusive exercise and seal training lol

One of the crazier things to consider however is this.
Last year Thomas won the PGA Championship and POY as well as a hunk of cash for playoffs.
This year he is statistically better than last.

He is definitely not one of my favorite golfers, but I think he's going to have an insane career. In the past 2 years as he's honed his game, it doesnt look like he has a weakness. He can bomb it as far as anyone, hits great approach shots, and is a very good putter. He also wins when he gets into contention. His record when he has the lead is crazy good.

He is definitely not one of my favorite golfers, but I think he's going to have an insane career. In the past 2 years as he's honed his game, it doesnt look like he has a weakness. He can bomb it as far as anyone, hits great approach shots, and is a very good putter. He also wins when he gets into contention. His record when he has the lead is crazy good.

I can't fathom why he isn't likable. Awesome to watch, good to the kids, wins well.

I can't fathom why he isn't likable. Awesome to watch, good to the kids, wins well.

I think a lot of it stems from getting the fan thrown out for rooting against him.

Oh right, that totally unforgivable couple seconds of his career (lol).

Tough crowd.

I get it though. In a day and age where cameras are on you and you don't stand out from the crowd in a lot of other ways, having a fan ejected for rooting your ball in a bunker, would have a few not wanting to see you succeed at a game you are playing for millions. Is it right? Maybe, maybe not. Heck, for all of the reasons to like or not like a player, its kind of middle of the pack right? I mean collectively as fans, we pick sides based on a lot of reasons, all the way down to where someone lives or lived.

Fans are forgiving though. THey forgive law breakers, a**holes and other things, so I am sure this one will pass.

I get it though. In a day and age where cameras are on you and you don't stand out from the crowd in a lot of other ways, having a fan ejected for rooting your ball in a bunker, would have a few not wanting to see you succeed at a game you are playing for millions. Is it right? Maybe, maybe not. Heck, for all of the reasons to like or not like a player, its kind of middle of the pack right? I mean collectively as fans, we pick sides based on a lot of reasons, all the way down to where someone lives or lived.

Fans are forgiving though. THey forgive law breakers, a**holes and other things, so I am sure this one will pass.

Sure. I prefer the three strike rule though. We all have our moments. It's the trend that plays the golfer out of my favor.

Let’s not poo poo on Spieth who is in that group with 11 wins and 3 majors before 25.

As if right now he’s a dominant player over a short period of time and his play has given notice to other to not get comfortable because he will be around to give them a run. I’m a JT fan and I hope this type of play continues with multiples wins with a major and/or wgc each year. To be where he is at right now puts him close to HOFers and other great ir really good golfers so only time will tell if he can sustain it.

No swing guru but I think his swing holds up over time and it will be more his internal drive and desire to wi that will really determine how much success he has going forward.

Let’s not poo poo on Spieth who is in that group with 11 wins and 3 majors before 25.

As if right now he’s a dominant player over a short period of time and his play has given notice to other to not get comfortable because he will be around to give them a run. I’m a JT fan and I hope this type of play continues with multiples wins with a major and/or wgc each year. To be where he is at right now puts him close to HOFers and other great ir really good golfers so only time will tell if he can sustain it.

No swing guru but I think his swing holds up over time and it will be more his internal drive and desire to wi that will really determine how much success he has going forward.

The one thing that's interesting about Spieth is his demeanor. When he was on fire I loved everything about it, but when he's less than perfect it seems like he's mentally incapable of being a dominant player.

I don't get that sense from Thomas.

The one thing that's interesting about Spieth is his demeanor. When he was on fire I loved everything about it, but when he's less than perfect it seems like he's mentally incapable of being a dominant player.

JT can't keep up this pace, I don't think. And when he doesn't win for a stretch, that mental aspect will creep in. It always does.

Agree to an extent on Spieth. I think some of it’s true but also he was always that way. I think the difference now is more confidence issue than ability. He seems to be more reliant on info and reassurance from his caddie than in the past. Then add in his ability to make long putts has left him. Once he gets that going it will be a different story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JT is all that and a bag of chips. The guy works hard, plays hard and has the game to back it up. He has a long career ahead him with many many wins. Will he transcend the sport, doubt it. But he will go down as one of the best, if. It the best of his generation.

JT is all that and a bag of chips. The guy works hard, plays hard and has the game to back it up. He has a long career ahead him with many many wins. Will he transcend the sport, doubt it. But he will go down as one of the best, if. It the best of his generation.

I agree with you on this one. I'm interested if you put DJ in the same generation as JT.

I agree with you on this one. I'm interested if you put DJ in the same generation as JT.

I don’t, a generation ahead with Adam Scott and co. JT is in with JS, Rors, koepka, hideki,

I think JT is at the top of the new breed of golfers right now. For me it's hard to compare to previous golfers from other eras/generations because so much has changed to make a true apples to apples comparison. We are so saturated with stats now a days that anything can be twisted to make a player look like the are on that "great player trajectory"

It's hard given the environment we live in, but JT, like Spieth, DJ and Rory, are on the right track to catch Jack and Tiger as the best to ever play this game. For now he's in the conversation of the best among the current crop of tour players, but he has some work to do before I start thinking he's in the Tiger and/or jack conversation.

I dont think JT is as marketable as Speith but man does he have game. He is not from a fancy background and I think at his core he is a hard worker. I think they are all good and are blessed to make a fortune doing something we would love to do. He hasn't shown me anything but grit and passion to win.

JT can't keep up this pace, I don't think. And when he doesn't win for a stretch, that mental aspect will creep in. It always does.

What stretch? He's not exactly winning in bunches.

I dont think JT is as marketable as Speith...

That JT commercial with him as a young boy practicing with his Dad and saying that he hopes to one day be good enough to play on Tour is one of the greatest golf commercials ever. Anyone with kids or aspiring to play on tour feels that commercial right in the gut.

What stretch? He's not exactly winning in bunches.

I'm saying that I don't think he can keep up the pace he is currently holding and once that stretch comes up, I think he will have just as hard a time as Spieth is mentally. In the future.

That by no means makes me think he won't be one of the greats. I do think he will. But that drought is inevitable these days. And when it hits, he may have a hard time with it.

I dont think JT is as marketable as Speith but man does he have game. He is not from a fancy background and I think at his core he is a hard worker. I think they are all good and are blessed to make a fortune doing something we would love to do. He hasn't shown me anything but grit and passion to win.

He kind of is though, right?

He's among the best young golfers in the sport and we are lucky to have him for the Ryder Cup for the foreseeable future.

Credit to his drive and determination to get out of the "shadow" of his friends Spieth and Rickie, he never liked being "the other guy." At this moment he is the guy. I love his attitude and how he doesn't really care about the tech side of golf, just goes with what works and what is fit for him, not knowing every nano detail of his specs.

I'd say it's him/DJ and everyone else. No disrespect to Justin Rose, I just think they are the 2 best golfers in the game so that's the company I'd put him in present day. Just sit back and enjoy the show, not nit-pick a moment where he got a fan tossed, but fail to mention the countless times he has been awesome with fans, but oh well.

F-ck Yeah baby!

Back