THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

210----> 5 iron or under essentially. Anyone hitting 4 iron, 3 iron, 2 iron or more into a par 3 is not going to be real comfy cozy regardless of what the "said" above. Tough to stick one of those...can I get it there? No problem up to 245 confidently...sticking it? Haha...better hope there's not water near green...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's definitely jspangs long.

210----> 5 iron or under essentially. Anyone hitting 4 iron, 3 iron, 2 iron or more into a par 3 is not going to be real comfy cozy regardless of what the "said" above. Tough to stick one of those...can I get it there? No problem up to 245 confidently...sticking it? Haha...better hope there's not water near green...

Damn dog!
You're a Bomber!

210 my driver yo!

Damn dog!
You're a Bomber!

210 my driver yo!

Lol....well that's in perfect conditions my friend. No such thing as perfect conditions in a normal round of golf. Confidently 205-210. Throw in wind...water...green side bunkers...gotta tone it down and swing smooth.

That's definitely jspangs long.

Yes Jspangs and I have chatted. I think we have pretty similar games.

I've seen his length on the SIM's

My question to you is what is your "gameplan" to accomplishing that goal? Is it something along the lessons route? Is it maybe going to the range a certain number of times a week and working on certain things? Is it a combination of the 2, or perhaps something else?

My game plan is to continue my lessons, work on trackman when I can, hit 300 balls a week at work, work on my putting stoke till spring arrives(reading greens), playing lessons with my coach, tighten up the wedge game#Own125, Get back in shape drop some weight.

A question for today

What is the longest par 3 distance you comfortably feel you can reach safely? and at what yardage does it start to get dicey for you?

200yds is the end of my comfort zone

Yes Jspangs and I have chatted. I think we have pretty similar games.

Not sure what either of you are playing to as far as index goes but from the sounds of it he ended his season playing some solid golf. Might be one of the big points to take from Michigan

A question for today

What is the longest par 3 distance you comfortably feel you can reach safely? and at what yardage does it start to get dicey for you?
225 & under. Mainly because we have a 3 that's plays 205 thru 225.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not sure what either of you are playing to as far as index goes but from the sounds of it he ended his season playing some solid golf. Might be one of the big points to take from Michigan

Not sure either...think he may be slightly lower. We are hoping to play this year regardless of being picked or not. I think it'd be a goooood match!

I think your a little optimistic on making these teams...
Just answering a question, have my own team to make?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Morning everyone

So Im sure between the questions I have asked for OH hopefuls and those that Jeremy has asked everyone has thought of and provided a handicap goal for this year.

My question to you is what is your "gameplan" to accomplishing that goal? Is it something along the lessons route? Is it maybe going to the range a certain number of times a week and working on certain things? Is it a combination of the 2, or perhaps something else?

Game plan for this year is to first work on getting back in shape. Now that I have been cleared by the ortho to work out again and what exercises to avoid. It is back to the gym. I am meeting with a TPI instructor in a week or so to put together a workout program to keep me on the right track. Also joined the THP Biggest loser for more motivation. For the golf game I am currently hitting balls 3-4 days a week on my lunch. My instructor's studio reopens in a couple of days and I will be able to hit on trackman again. Last year I got lessons every 2 to 4 weeks and plan to continue that. Once the weather breaks I will play 3 to 4 days a week.

A question for today

Longest I can reach comfortably would be anything under 240. Distance I feel comfortable attacking the pin would be 210 and below. Definitely not my favorite shot but I can handle it.

A question for today

Anything where I have an iron in my hand, so 5 iron and shorter. Depending on where we are at in the season, that is 175 to 195 yards. I hit my hybrid pretty well off the tee, but I can't count on holding a green with that.

I have to admit I am a bit surprised by how many people said they are confident in hitting a par 3 from over 200 yds. If nothing else participants will not be lacking in the confidence department.

I have to admit I am a bit surprised by how many people said they are confident in hitting a par 3 from over 200 yds. If nothing else participants will not be lacking in the confidence department.

It will be interesting to see the results of #12 then. Not quite 200 yards, but probably the longest par 3 at Boulder. Plays way downhill and has some interesting slope in the green. I've seen everything from golfers going 40 yards left, to bouncing it in front and running it right up to the pin.

I will hit those greens!
On the second, maybe third shot...

It will be interesting to see the results of #12 then. Not quite 200 yards, but probably the longest par 3 at Boulder. Plays way downhill and has some interesting slope in the green. I've seen everything from golfers going 40 yards left, to bouncing it in front and running it right up to the pin.

Scorecard says #4 plays 193 from the whites and 232 from the blacks. By some responses in here it seems more than half are putting for birdie.

Agreed. Hope 1 of them is my partner. I'll take that hole off then and listen to some tunes.

I thought the same thing. I thought my 175 was kind of pushing it haha.

Come time of the event, everything will iron itself out. #outingapproved is real.

Scorecard says #4 plays 193 from the whites and 232 from the blacks. By some responses in here it seems more than half are putting for birdie.

Ive already shown I can hit driver onto par 3s from 185ish like a BOSS

Back