THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Just a warning to everyone, keep the trash talk below 83* or else Ocarroll gets nasty :alien:

I'm not afraid any more. You hear me? I'm not afraid!

Home Alone.....I like it Capt! Except you have 7 other horses with you on this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I would post this in all the Regional Rivalries...

Okay so here is my question and I think it serves well. I think for the community, these THP Regional Rivalries, and our sponsors.

Now that the teams are set how do you proceed to represent these events knowing that a MVP spot is on the line. TrueTemper is opening their doors for a lucky person from each of the three regional rivalries. You know the requirements to be named MVP...so what do you focus on???

Addition: Are you shooting for MVP? Three parts 1. Play 2. Sportsmanship 3. Social Media. Where do you lack and where do you excel?

Okay so here is my question and I think it serves well. I think for the community, these THP Regional Rivalries, and our sponsors.

Now that the teams are set how do you proceed to represent these events knowing that a MVP spot is on the line. TrueTemper is opening their doors for a lucky person from each of the three regional rivalries. You know the requirements to be named MVP...so what do you focus on???

Addition: Are you shooting for MVP? Three parts 1. Play 2. Sportsmanship 3. Social Media. Where do you lack and where do you excel?

Haha can I quote my post in the OH/MI thread?

Heck yeah I want MvP, did you the prize? Treated like a Effing Rockstar by THP and the #1 shaft in golf!? You have to be brain dead not to want that!

1) Sportsmanship
2) Social Media
3) Play

In that order. Based on my last experience of course, by June everything will be firing on all cylinders

I think I'm a great teammate and opponent. I'm pretty good at social media but had some posts in the wrong thread that I need to clean up. I play well enough but definitely left some shots out there, which will need to be corrected because an MVP makes those shots and converts those putts.

The MVP trip is going to be epic and we all would love to be one of the fortunate ones to experience it. I can only speak for myself but I am going to represent these events regardless of MVP was on the line or not. I love the idea of RR and I hope we all do a good enough job that is comes back and other regions get to experience it.

When it comes to the three parts of winning MVP I have no doubt in my mind that come game time I would have put in the work to be ready for the event. When it comes to sportsmanship I would say I am a great teammate and a tough competitor. The part where I need to step up my game is the social media/ forum piece. Not that I struggle with social media or am not on the forum it's actually the opposite. I am on the forum a lot I am just a naturally quiet person.

So when it comes to the MVP discussion those are my thoughts. Great question and topic Matt

THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Great question Matt. I am ABSOLUTELY shooting for MVP, and will put my best foot forward in all 3 phases. Sportsmanship is the easier one of the 3, as I'm a naturally supportive person and am out to have a good time and make sure others do as well. My game will be ready, I have no doubts based upon the amount of time we have before the event and the ability to get together with my teammates to prep. The more difficult one for me will be social media. I'm active on the forum across many topics, but not as active on Twitter or Instagram which I will make a point to improve on.

Clock is ticking...
c475195c94e420c3369698295ce7c0bc.jpg

This is my honest answer - I'm not shooting for MVP. I'm shooting to be the best teammate I can be. My goal is to bring the best game that I can to Regional Rivalry, to support my team in every way I can, and be sure to post here and on social media to drum up interest in the events and True Temper.

If all of that leads to MVP, I'll be thrilled. But I'm looking at this as a team event, and I want to do everything I can within my abilities to be the best teammate I can be to support the guys.

^^^^what he said^^^^

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Great Question! For me I can only control what I do, so I will focus on improving my game so I can give my team the best chance to take home the W. Sportsmanship is a no brainer, and Social media I am comfortable with though I can certainly improve upon it. If it all comes together and I end up MVP? That's awesome, but there are 16 other guys who will be giving it their best shot to do just that. We'll see where the chips fall come June 25th.

Great question Matt. I am ABSOLUTELY shooting for MVP, and will put my best foot forward in all 3 phases. Sportsmanship is the easier one of the 3, as I'm a naturally supportive person and am out to have a good time and make sure others do as well. My game will be ready, I have no doubts based upon the amount of time we have before the event and the ability to get together with my teammates to prep. The more difficult one for me will be social media. I'm active on the forum across many topics, but not as active on Twitter or Instagram which I will make a point to improve on.

Clock is ticking...
c475195c94e420c3369698295ce7c0bc.jpg

i like that counter, I need that.

Great Question! For me I can only control what I do, so I will focus on improving my game so I can give my team the best chance to take home the W. Sportsmanship is a no brainer, and Social media I am comfortable with though I can certainly improve upon it. If it all comes together and I end up MVP? That's awesome, but there are 16 other guys who will be giving it their best shot to do just that. We'll see where the chips fall come June 25th.

Haha gotta upgrade that phone buddy :alien:

i like that counter, I need that.

It's called Countdown Star, free on iTunes and I downloaded a picture from the course for the wallpaper.

To Maynard's question:

Am I shooting for MVP? No
Do I want MVP? You bet your a**!

This event for me first and foremost is having a blast, repping the Region, THP, and True Temper. On the course, off the course, Social Media, Leading up to, during, and after the event. I will be striving to play the best golf I can, which is easy (well not to play good, but to try) because it's what I set out to do every time I swing a club. Prep rounds will happen I'm smack dab in the middle of the entire squad I can travel Northwest/West for one half of the team and Northeast/Southeast for the other half. These 100 days will start to fly by, especially as we all creep into prime golfing weather for our Regions. I already look forward to the Event and just as much to the dinners and drinks with both squads, we want the Title, the HOF tag, but I will be absolutely stoked for the MVP of this event regardless of what Region they come from. That being said I'm confident in this NY/NJ squad! #DynamicBros

I mean don't let that trip blind you.

Honestly speaking I think all of you guys are bringing it to the forum. Keep up as these threads have been fun to follow along with.

If you havent responded to the PM that GolferGal sent regards t guaranteeing your spot, I suggest you do so soon. There are a bunch of THPers that would like said spot.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, region, opponents etc.

OITW - Off In The Woods

I've been a member for a little over 2 years on the best d@mn golf forum on the internet, this is my second team event, I did a few of the invitationals, Bstone U and the Bridgestone Championship in 2014, this event though really has me excited.

A little about my game, I'm a 13.0 cap, learned to play golf in Middle School and got serious about the game about 3 years ago. Putting is the strength of my game and I'm a pretty solid short game short iron/wedge player. I don't struggle for distance, but I do with accuracy at times.

I live in Watertown with my fiance and we're getting married this August. I don't mind driving far to play.

Let me know if you want to tee it up.

Nice intro. Always wondered what OITW stood for.

MVP would be great but as long as Team NY/NJ gets the win I'll be happy.

1) I've already started practicing which is a little earlier than I typically do. I don't usually start hitting the range until late March, early April then the courses probably late April. This year I've already been going to the range and will be out on the courses by mid-late March.

2) Sportsmanship comes easy for me. As my school's basketball coach it's something I always emphasize with my players. Players do something I don't like and they're benched or suspended for however many games I feel is needed. I like to compete but always show sportsmanship while doing it.

3) I'm pretty active on the forum and social media but would like to step it up a notch. Once basketball season ends I'll have a lot more free time when I get home from work which is nice.

It's called Countdown Star, free on iTunes and I downloaded a picture from the course for the wallpaper.

Thanks for this I just downloaded the same app.

MVP is nice, don't get me wrong. I am going to do my best at all aspects of this RR, social media for me is by far the weakest part, that being said, I will do my best at everything, sportsmanship, social media and play....like an old baseball coach used to tell, "do your best and the scoreboard will take care of its self". I ma going to enjoy this journey and help make it fun for all.

now, if you want a strong point that was not mentioned in my above post...trash talking (TT).....now some of you ay know that in the past I have been known to do a little trash talking...but more in the way of getting in someone's head.....so far I have just given out a small sampling of a little TT, just to keep in the spirit of the RR, if my captain needs the strong silent type to stand behind my teammates with a " I am going to kick your a$$" glare as they lay down the smack, then I will enjoy being said, strong, silent bada$$. if my captan needs a sniper who picks his target and delivers a "one shot, one kill" TT, I am there. if my captain needs an in your face, no holds barred TTer, I will be more than happy to help him out. I will do my best not to bring up any NE team members heritage, his mothers weight, there weak golf swings or their lack of testicular fortitude. anything else is fair game. :banana:

now, if you want a strong point that was not mentioned in my above post...trash talking (TT).....now some of you ay know that in the past I have been known to do a little trash talking...but more in the way of getting in someone's head.....so far I have just given out a small sampling of a little TT, just to keep in the spirit of the RR, if my captain needs the strong silent type to stand behind my teammates with a " I am going to kick your a$$" glare as they lay down the smack, then I will enjoy being said, strong, silent bada$$. if my captan needs a sniper who picks his target and delivers a "one shot, one kill" TT, I am there. if my captain needs an in your face, no holds barred TTer, I will be more than happy to help him out. I will do my best not to bring up any NE team members heritage, his mothers weight, there weak golf swings or their lack of testicular fortitude. anything else is fair game. :banana:

Rookie. :alien:

Back