Congrats: You Have LA Golf Shafts Headed Your Way

That’s interesting- I like both the Tensei and Smoke I feel like they’re interchangeable

I guess I am not feeling the same Tensei as you guys because I think the Smoke feels more stable for me than the Tensei.

That’s interesting- I like both the Tensei and Smoke I feel like they’re interchangeable

I am using the Tensei Pro Orange and not the made for CK series, so they aren't quite the same shaft. The Pro series is quite stout.

FWIW, H8 is a freaking TANK. Watching him make the TX Orange bend/load in the swing was crazy.

FWIW, H8 is a freaking TANK. Watching him make the TX Orange bend/load in the swing was crazy.

I wouldn't be surprised! You don't fit into a 70TX Pro Orange with a slow, smooth swing.

Ok - Oly got back with me fairly quickly and wants to put shaft option number 3 up against the Tensei Pro series shaft and will also send me one of Bryson's option 1 shafts to try. :banana:

Ok - Oly got back with me fairly quickly and wants to put shaft option number 3 up against the Tensei Pro series shaft and will also send me one of Bryson's option 1 shafts to try. :banana:

I figured you'd get your's first due to the flex and weight options. SUPER EXCITING!!

Oh this is awesome.

I say put them in the M5 though! then you get a TRUE comparison!

I wouldn't be surprised! You don't fit into a 70TX Pro Orange with a slow, smooth swing.

Smooth is not a word often used to describe my swing with a driver :)

I figured you'd get your's first due to the flex and weight options. SUPER EXCITING!!

Yeah I guess that makes sense - he likely has plenty laying around in that profile.

Oh this is awesome.

I say put them in the M5 though! then you get a TRUE comparison!

For sure for the option 3 shaft, but that BAD option 1 shaft may be perfect for the Flash SZ head. Good options all around.

Decisions, decisions.....hmmmm

Sent in the request for option 2 followed by option 3

Congrats, I look forward to what you think about these shafts..

Looks like I'm gonna put in for #1 65x first, followed by 3 and then 2. Need it to stop raining in order to find the course/range.

I asked John over at LAGP if I could share the info from the email and he said go ahead, so I thought some of you might like hearing what he has going:

From John:

"Our player/partner/owner, Bryson DeChambeau, has been using a new shaft he helped design in his driver, 3 and 5 wood since shortly after the Masters. Still tweaking things a bit for him, but should have it dialed very soon. His shaft is a low launch, low spin profile, specifically designed for stability and shot repeatability. Very stout in the mid-section and tip, and a bit softer in the hands to provide some feel. (low launch, low spin, extremely stable feel)

Another prototype we’ve testing has been put in play by Jason Dufner. Since putting this shaft in play, his driving distance and accuracy have increased tremendously. He lead the field in driving accuracy at the Memorial and was 3rd in accuracy at the US Open, hitting 82% of the fairways in a tight Open setup. This new shaft, code named OLYSS (OLY Signature Series, ‘Oly’ is my industry nickname), is a mid/low launch, low spin product. It has a straight taper profile from the very butt end down to the tip, to provide exceptional feel. (mid launch, low spin, softer feel)

Also working on a parallel butt profile, low launch/low-mid spin offering (think Tensei and Hzrdus), that has been testing very very well. A bit crisper feeling in the hands with outstanding control and launch. (mid/low launch, low spin, crisp/solid feel)"

Cool info shared here, especially about the success Dufner is seeing since switching.

I asked John over at LAGP if I could share the info from the email and he said go ahead, so I thought some of you might like hearing what he has going:

From John:

"Our player/partner/owner, Bryson DeChambeau, has been using a new shaft he helped design in his driver, 3 and 5 wood since shortly after the Masters. Still tweaking things a bit for him, but should have it dialed very soon. His shaft is a low launch, low spin profile, specifically designed for stability and shot repeatability. Very stout in the mid-section and tip, and a bit softer in the hands to provide some feel. (low launch, low spin, extremely stable feel)

Another prototype we’ve testing has been put in play by Jason Dufner. Since putting this shaft in play, his driving distance and accuracy have increased tremendously. He lead the field in driving accuracy at the Memorial and was 3rd in accuracy at the US Open, hitting 82% of the fairways in a tight Open setup. This new shaft, code named OLYSS (OLY Signature Series, ‘Oly’ is my industry nickname), is a mid/low launch, low spin product. It has a straight taper profile from the very butt end down to the tip, to provide exceptional feel. (mid launch, low spin, softer feel)

Also working on a parallel butt profile, low launch/low-mid spin offering (think Tensei and Hzrdus), that has been testing very very well. A bit crisper feeling in the hands with outstanding control and launch. (mid/low launch, low spin, crisp/solid feel)"

Cool info shared here, especially about the success Dufner is seeing since switching.

Seeing the numbers from Dufner at the US Open made me so excited for the OLYSS (Option 2 that I talked about before).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing the numbers from Dufner at the US Open made me so excited for the OLYSS (Option 2 that I talked about before).

OLYSS is a pretty cool name too!

Sounds like some movement!!
In talking to jlew last month I know he is anxious

Another update from John at LAGP regarding his proto shafts and how they are performing on tour:

"Roberto Diaz put an OLYSS 65 Tour X in play last week at the Travelers. He finished tied for 8th for his first top ten ever (in a full field event – had a T10 in Puerto Rico last fall). He hit 84% of the fairways in the event. His average going into the week was 66%."

This is pretty impressive improvement by some top level players and we will be getting some of these shafts in hand to test in a matter of weeks!

Another update from John at LAGP regarding his proto shafts and how they are performing on tour:

"Roberto Diaz put an OLYSS 65 Tour X in play last week at the Travelers. He finished tied for 8th for his first top ten ever (in a full field event – had a T10 in Puerto Rico last fall). He hit 84% of the fairways in the event. His average going into the week was 66%."

This is pretty impressive improvement by some top level players and we will be getting some of these shafts in hand to test in a matter of weeks!

Idk about you guys but I could use more fairways hit!! If I wasn’t excited for these Proto shafts before than I sure am now!!

Driver head decision has been made. Cobra King F9 Speedback will be getting this bada$$ shaft by next week! This just won’t be fair to my weekend golf group!!

Driver head decision has been made. Cobra King F9 Speedback will be getting this bada$$ shaft by next week! This just won’t be fair to my weekend golf group!!

I have spent the last week working with LA Golf Shafts on this launch and we have some fun stuff coming including a short video with Bryson talking about LA Golf Shafts that will hit tomorrow.

I have spent the last week working with LA Golf Shafts on this launch and we have some fun stuff coming including a short video with Bryson talking about LA Golf Shafts that will hit tomorrow.

Awesome!

I’m extremely excited to try the OLYSS Proto. His description fit what I was looking for and it’s hard to pass up on a signature design from the man himself.

Awesome!

I’m extremely excited to try the OLYSS Proto. His description fit what I was looking for and it’s hard to pass up on a signature design from the man himself.

Oly is awesome and this design is picking up steam on tour.
Dufner and Diaz are both in it currently as well as 2-3 others last week. We know a handful are currently testing and could be in the bag following the major this week as well.

That’s a great decision - I’ll be following your updates!

Back