Contest: Engagement - The All Expenses Paid Trip of a Lifetime - The 2018 Grandaddy

Like probably everyone else on THP, I love all things golf equipment and I would love to review every single piece of Callaway equipment I was lucky enough to get my hands on if I were selected for the Granddaddy. Reviews are important, to THP, to the manufacturers, and to golfers. But to stand out, you've got to do something different from all the rest.

If I am selected for the Granddaddy, I will of course review all the clubs, the bag, the apparel, the courses, the experience, etc., with all of the fervor and the zeal I can muster. But I will take it one step further, in that I will do a video review in my best impression of either Rick Shiels or Mark Crossfiled, with the decision being made by THP itself. The accents, the clothes, the mannerisms, the styles of review, I will emulate them all to the very best of my ability! In addition to providing full reviews of all the equipment, DON'T YOU WANT TO SEE ME MAKE A FOOL OF MYSELF?!

Rick Dan.png crossfiled.jpg

I think I've only been selected to review one item on THP and it was cool to be a part of that. The putter I got was great and I shared my feedback and thoughts and even kept it in play for a year, before switching out.

If selected for the granddaddy, I can see my engagement being like my past example and of course sharing my experience with all of THP just like so many others have done who've been a part of this special event. I would share as many pictures and little nuggets from the trip as I could, including the ever important food that we get to partake of :)

As for the equipment, of course I would share my thoughts (my likes and even dislikes). I think what makes a review great is when you can share how the shot you envision in your mind translates to feelings in the club through the swing. How the club responds, and even how the result differs from what you pictured. I would hope to share that as much as I could. I don't know a ton about the golf swing and how I would be fit, but I think it's cool that every year THP'rs get the Tour treatment and I would jump to share that process with the THP faithful.

I can't see how anyone wouldn't want to share feedback with THP at the Granddaddy. It's what it's all about. I'd be pumped to do my part if selected.....

How have I engaged?? Good at times and poorly at others. Many factors, involving family, health, age, work and so on... I’ve reviewed trips and products but this is not really something that I have excelled at. At my age, I am somewhat technology challenged but I continue to work on it as time allows. I’ve taught myself about twitter and contribute there whenever possible. I’ve joined Facebook and follow You Tube but there are still things that need more commitment. Posting pictures and reviewing my thoughts on clubs is a good example. Sometimes I’m not very confident in how relevant my thoughts are considering that, for the most part, most of the THP membership are using clubs and shafts that I couldn’t begin to use because of talent or swing speed. Review ideas about senior flex shafts doesn’t seem very popular considering very few on here actually unsterstand the issues associated with using them. Not complaining, just stating the facts the way I perceive them. I love reading about all the new clubs that the THP members post and spend quite a bit of time reading and enjoying their input. I have trouble posting during events because I’m not very good with Smart phones and I’m farsighted. I don’t wear glasses when I play and then need glasses to see my phone. Solvable, of course, and certainly something I plan on changing if I get selected for other events such as this one. I think the biggest new area of commitment for me is the part where I plan to play more golf with THPer’s. I used to do this more but because of distance, I haven’t participated nearly as much as I could have but I plan to change this. They are extraordinary experiences with some truly fantastic people that need to be taken advantage of. These are all areas that I want to improve on as we go forward whether I get into the Grandaddy or not. Certainly would love to be part of this fantastic event and look forward to being a better THPer in the future!!!

My plan for engagement would begin with jumping right on in with my fellow Grandaddy participants so that we can all get to know one another before the big event, getting everyone on THP involved in the prep and excitement, and being transparent with as much info as possible.

Being fairly new on here I've had an opportunity to review a golf pride grip, which may not be the best evidence of my review capabilities, but it's a start. Plus whatever random posts I add into to club/shaft/equipment threads, but honestly my knowledge of the science behind the equipment is kind of minimal. That said, I must say I have gained 100x knowledge after joining this site and getting feedback from people who have played this game a hell of a lot longer than I have.

I keep my clubs at least a few years before upgrading, so my idea would be to have a "Golf Log" thread where I could post round by round updates, best shots etc, essentially taking some of the threads here where everyone posts to a journal of sorts where I and others can track my progress, thoughts, and reviews. Lots of pics, thoughts and reviews from friends who get to test my clubs, and hopefully a THP outing for others to test out the new gear.

When im out golfing people are curious to hear about how I've won a couple social media contests and the Titleist wedge here on THP. Not sure if anyone every joined up due to my story but I like giving credit where credit is due.

All in all, engagement is about being present, real, honest, and transparent regarding the equipment, the experience, and the people. Sharing this experience with others and getting other new people involved to hopefully one day have the chance to go to the Grandaddy, or at least dove headfirst into this game as well.

As always, thanks for the opportunity and good luck all!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Transparency, thoroughness, and responsiveness I think are the keys to engagement for this event, starting from the minute you're picked to months, and really years after the event. There is a variety of tools and media you can use to accomplish this, and I would use as many as possible.

While the equipment is obviously an important part of the trip, I think the existing, especially emotionally is the vital part to portray and communicate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

When I think of engagement, I think about bringing the forum along for the ride. Making the folks at home feel like they are right there with you.

I’ve been lucky enough to go to many events. Most recently, Shaft Up 3 last year and the Shaft Up Finale. If you followed along in those you know I posted many pictures and hopefully you felt you were there on the journey with us.

You’ve also heard me talk about the equipment and details of events on JDax and I’s many videos. I’ve also had the opportunity to review many items here and share them as I see them with on course reviews. I want to give honest feedback and provide the regular golfers of the world like you and I how the equipment works for me and my swing.

My promise is to bring the forum along for this one of a kind ride just as we did below.

2017 Shaft Up #3
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...Live-Update-Thread-Shaft-Up-3-with-UST-Mamiya

06033ea1ca06a49989399cd4b518290a.jpg

2017 Shaft Up Finale
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...-Live-Update-Thread-THP-Shaft-Up-Grand-Finale

318800716092ca9b4aed9fff57898716.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would approach engagement in a couple of ways.

On the forum:
Posting often and answering questions, leading up to, during and after the event. I want to be able to provide pictures, video, as well as my text commentary on the goings on, equipment, and fun being had. Listening to what is being asked and trying to provide feedback to those questions as well as my random thoughts and input is important I think, as it helps the readers feel more a part of it rather than just outside looking in.

I will go into the event with an open mind and go all in on whatever equipment is recommended to me. The whole time I want to share my thoughts and stories of the experience, what equipment was tried, and how/why I ended up with the equipment I did (as I can) in each respective thread. I will work hard to review each piece of equipment thoroughly as much as my skill level can. I feel I have done a good job on the reviews I have been a part of so far, and try my best to be thorough and look for what others want to hear about. I can practice and play year round in spite of the rain here, so can provide feedback in a range of conditions, albeit with a higher handicap's take on things. I'm committed to reviewing for the long haul and will continue to review everything as long as I can.

Social Media:
I want to reach the world, not just THP. I have accounts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram I can use to post and link to posts and threads here on THP. I check all frequently while not the most talkative, I am active and when I have things to talk about will post often and on all social media options I can. Through the event I will post frequently to try to drive traffic to follow along as well as show pictures and video clips to try to get people interested in checking out what Callaway has to offer and all the awesomeness and fun here on THP. I will try to ask for questions, solicit others' thoughts, and provide my thoughts and feedback to have conversations about the event and equipment involved. I will also interact with the Callaway staff and try to ask questions that are not only of interest to me, but that either I've heard/seen others ask or I think might be of interest to other golfers. I will approach this all in a respectful manner and try to be a great representative of THP, Callaway and The Grandaddy.

In my day to day life, I would share the experience with anyone and everyone, at any chance. I already bring up THP to any other golfer I talk to and try to get others to see how awesome it is, but having an experience like this would be something next level to be able to share. To be able to show the gear, the swag, the pictures, everything. To have them see my face light up and see how much fun was had and how incredible it all is, would be incredible.

In all, I want to show anyone and everyone I can how incredibly fun this event is, what an amazing place THP is, and how great of a host/OEM Callaway is. And to top it all off, the amazing experience can happen to anyone. This would be a dream come true and I would want to take the world on the ride with me any way I can.

Official Entry:

To me, "engagement" with anything has never been something I can plan on, or force. It's always come about as a result of what I experienced. And when that experience is really good, I just naturally want to share it, not only because I'm excited about what I experienced - but also because I deeply believe that my experience may benefit others. That's when "engagement" turns into "evangelization". And of course, evangelization is the best type of engagement because then people can then sense how genuine and passionate someone is about their experience. That's when I not only end up engaging with people, but also that people, sensing my enthusiasm, come to engage me. It's dynamic.

And given what I've heard and read about the Grandaddy. And given what I know and have experienced with my own current Callaway equipment. And given what I've seen here at THP: I imagine this all would be something I'd love to share. How would I share it? Certainly by posting here on THP. And certainly by posting on the other the many other golf forums I frequent (which as a by product would let them all know how great THP is!). And of course there would be the personal interactions with my family, friends and co-workers. My big vision for this event would be to pull together any video I or others take and combine it into a little piece that could be put on You Tube. A sort of visual testimonial for Callaway, THP, and the Granddaddy experience.

I hope I have the chance to experience the Grandaddy. I can't imagine it being anything but fantastic. Which means I CAN imagine myself wanting to enthusiastically share it with others.

The SEC Regional Rivalry was where I really felt engaged. We fought hard for a that RR and even though it was during a hurricane we made sure the folks at home didn't miss a swing or a part of the beautiful rain soaked DLIII course. Getting picked for the RR MVP trip to Memphis I was able bring everyone along for the once in a lifetime trip to see from the inside how True Temper operates and was blown away. I did my best to bring the forum into the awesomeness that is an MVP trip. I have reviewed several shafts and while not my best work being that I'm not as well versed in shaft speak. I brought pics and experiences on course to supplement my lack of knowledge. During the Titleist event where I was fortunate enough to be picked and experience the new line of irons I have reviewed the hell out of those irons. Pics along with on course testing and has continued since the event since last fall. On course testing and comparison to current gamers along with accounts of how equipment is shaping my game for the better or worse is my goal.

Engagement is simply about showing up and being honest and authentic.

So I plan to show up more. I've taken a while to warm up to THP but it's time to be more involved. My goal is to get to a THP event (which is not going to be easy given I'm in Australia).

Showing up means participating in as much as I can, and actively contributing to discussions, listening to what's happening and asking questions. Getting to know the person behind the post and adding value.

Honesty is the easy one for me ... I am always honest about my thoughts and opinions. No-one wants to read reviews that are biased by loyalty or driven by incentives. Ask any of my friends or family and they will tell you that I honesty and integrity are my #1 values.

And finally be authentic. There is nothing worse than people who try to be somebody they are not, or represent something that you don't believe in. I'm not perfect and I have made mistakes, but you know what you get with me and you know where you stand.

The above is why Callaway appeals to me right now as a brand, and this is why this competition means so much to me.

They show up. Producing products, content and materials that are meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Listening and contributing the discussions (in forums like this) and creating opportunities for others to share.

They are honest, explaining the concepts and sharing data to support their claims

They are authentic. They claim to engage with customers, but they back it up with behaviour to match.

This competition is about what I have done and will do.
I support Callaway today through purchasing products, listening to podcasts and reading materials. I contribute to THP but more importantly I share my passion and love of the game with the people I play with and my kids.

What I will do is step it up a level. I will continue to experiment and grow my love of the game. And I will share my journey. I have ideas in the pipeline for how to do more, with a dream to join the golf industry

My Instagram photo collection #truvisontour is the beginning of something bigger and an example of my commitment to learning by experimentation, being authentic and having fun.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

What I love about the Granddaddy is that it is not just about getting new and awesome clubs; it is not just about playing amazing courses; it is not just about being professionally fitted; it is not just about meeting awesome people; and it is not just about throwing down in a competition with the Zoo Crew over at Callaway. It is about all of those things and not just for the 12 lucky participants—it is about all of these things for everyone following along at home as well. I love the details that every participant shares with the hackers at home and would hope to continue that legacy of engagement with the THP community.

If chosen I would take my enthusiasm for the event and the community right to the Granddaddy message board to sound off on how lucky I would feel as the newest member of the group. I would get my thank you video set up and throw down post after post about my thoughts being chosen for the event, how I plan on getting ready for the event, and updates on my progress as we push towards the Granddaddy.

One thing I would definitely do leading up to the event is get myself acclimated to live-posting on the THP Live Round thread as this was the most difficult aspect for me in the Cleveland Game Changer event this past April. I want to be prepared to give the THP community as much information as humanely possible for the Granddaddy so that’s an aspect of my game I’ll need to sharpen before December. I am a big fan of posting lengthy event/golf club reviews but the in-game posting will definitely need to step up if I want to live up to the standards set by GD alumni. Pics, videos, and in-game banter would all be on my to-do list at the event, so they would all definitely be on my to-work-on list as I prep.

When it comes to writing recaps, reviews, and opinions—I think I’ve shown that I am committed to giving the THP community honest, detailed, quality posts. I am an observer more than anything else and I like to get a good sense of the people and things around me. I feel this would be a helpful trait for the Granddaddy, being as big an event as it is, so that everyone can get an inside peek at not just the competition, equipment and venue but the moments and personalities that make the event so special as well. There may only be 12 members that get to go and play the Granddaddy each year, but the proper engagement allows thousands more of us to come along and be a part of it all.

Official:

The Grandaddy participants have a very important job post event, and that's reviewing their equipment. As some of the first people on the entire planet to see, hit, and own products that may or may not be part of an upcoming release, their feedback is crucial to both the future of the event and to Callaway itself. As brand ambassadors, their constructive criticism is invaluable to the people that actually matter: the people who are creating and designing the product. Their feedback is also important to those who aren't in the event. Yes, members and some guests follow along and refresh constantly during the event, but it doesn't end there. It's easy to forget that THP and its forum are only a small part of what makes The Hackers Paradise great. Every month, millions of individual people are reading reviews and checking for product information and equipment reviews. Assuming those at the Grandaddy are going to have some pretty solid access and information regarding products we will see in 2019, their reviews are both important to Callaway, and every person who visits THP looking for that information. The most important thing someone selected for this event can do is just be active in the discussions, be honest, and have fun in the process.

While yes, the event is amazing and everything that goes with it, those reviews are more important than the event itself. Steady and honest reviews are needed in a fair and timely manner, but more important is just being accessable to answer questions for people who have them. Stuck inside for months because you're snowed in? That's ok. Last I checked, the weather doesn't have anything to do about answering a question asked about a product. Any feedback is better than no feedback at all! It doesn't have to be all positive and fluff. In fact, the best reviews are where an item is put to the test with what is great, but what also could be improved so that the next generation can address those possible concerns.

I'd talk about the fun part, but I think it kinda speaks for itself. Look around and see the experience in front of you. If you can't have fun with that, you've missed the big picture and probably need to drink something with lemonade and blueberries to get your head right.

As a hopeful participant in the event, those three things are the things important to me. If those goals are met, then it's a win-win for everybody involved, and another victory for the Grandaddy event.

I think of the GRANDADDY and what comes to mind is the ultimate fan experience. I don’t normally post a ton. When i have something to say i say it. When i dont, i dont. But, as a member of that group there is an increased responsibility to the other members of thp. That goes into so much more than just equipment. What was in your head when you got up to fly out all the way to getting home when done and after. What did i see on the first tee. What was i feeling and how was i dealing with it. What was i thinking as i set up that 25’ downhill left to right slider and how did i react to the putt. As i lined up that 120 shot how confident was i with a new club in my hand that i could get the ball up and on for a birdie putt? Those are the things i want to share. With that the equipment story will come out. I am that guy who isnt great st golf but loves the game. Those are what gets me interested. What was really going on in my head Tell the whole story. Equipment is great, but this is about so much more. Thats the story i would tell.

It wasn’t that long ago, everything in the world revolved around musicals. We had TV shows that were musicals, movies about kids in high school musicals. (cue music playing in your head leading into song). Even today, Broadway garners significant amounts of attention, with the likes of Hamilton and the Book of Mormon.

I see the questions in your eyes
I know what's weighing on your mind
But you can be sure I know my part
'Cause I'll stand beside you through the years
You'll only cry those happy tears
And though I'll make mistakes
I'll never break your heart
I swear
By the moon and stars in the sky
I'll be there
I swear

I’ll be engaged throughout, before, during, and after. Engagement means we are doing this not for ourselves, but for the THP community as a whole. It is All for One. I would want everyone to feel like they are there. And there’s no better way to do that than to just post. Post an update. People LOVE pictures of what’s going. (cue music playing in your head, trust me, you’ll read a few lines forward, then come back to this point, and read the following again with the correct music in your head). And I think THPers would especially like to see that belt come back. And when it happens, there will be some seriously overly choreographed dancing going on, in matching outfits.

Rock your body right
Backstreet's back alright

BOUM, BAU NAU NAU NAU NAU NAU BAU, NAU NAU NAU,

Oh my God we're back again
Brothers, sisters, everybody sing
Gonna bring the flavor show you how
Gotta question for ya
Better answer now yeah
Am I original? (yeah)
Am I the only one? (yeah)
Am I sexual? (yeah)

Me: Wait, whoa whoa, stop the music, what?
Extra peppy actress with hands on hips and head tilted: I don’t know, there were some pictures last year of some dude really getting down.
Me: Yea, ok, whatever. Back to it.

Am I everything you need?
You better rock your body now

And there’s no better Rock than this Rock. Seriously, Dwayne Johnson has nothing on me, except for millions of dollars, and millions of fans. But why does he have millions of fans? Because he engages with them. Remember that story not too long ago that he couldn’t make it to prom with some girl in Minnesota who tweet invited him, so instead, he rented out an entire movie theater for her and her class, and paid for all the refreshments? Yea, engagement. Just reach out. Give a shout out. Answer questions. Take some fun pics. And also, now that I think about it, Callaway is kind of like Dwayne Johnson. (Cue music playing in your head). The way they just take care of it all for those lucky THPers, I mean, the least we could do is bring people along for the ride, and get the excitement up before, during and after the event. Well, that and maybe make sure some thanks are given out.

I see what's happening, yeah
You're face-to-face with greatness and it's strange
You don't even know how you feel, it's adorable
It's nice to see that humans never change

Open your eyes, let's begin
Yes it's really me, breathe it in
I know it's a lot, the hair or the bod
When you're staring at a demigod

So what can I say except "You're welcome"
For the tide, the sun, the sky
Hey, it's okay, it's okay, you're welcome
I'm just an ordinary demi-guy

Yea, I’m a lot like Maui, minus the hair or the bod. But I know the powers that be are looking through all these entries like

(cue music in your head)
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, the right stuff

All I can say is I’m not some new kid on the block. I have the right stuff. I have two HOF tags, and I’m planning to add a third at the granddaddy. And I plan on providing feedback on the equipment, and of course, bringing people along for the experience of it all. Thanks to the kindness of THP and various OEMs, to this day, I provide feedback to relevant questions on the forum. Just today, I let people know how much I like the Puma Soundchucks still for their versatility. I believe I won those Soundchucks in 2015. It was just a question about what bluetooth speakers people use. The feedback and question answering doesn't end just because a month has rolled by, or a year, or 2 years. Use the experience to answer people's questions.

(cue the slower music). And let’s be honest, after a long (yet mind-blowingly fast) day of golf, maybe 100 birdies, and then 10,000 laughs, (mandatory reference for granddaddy entry) the lucky THPers will goto bed, and

I'll make love to you
When you want me to
And I will not let go
Till you tell me to

Me: Ok, what is it with these adult themes?
Same overly peppy actress with hands on hips and head tilted: I’m pretty sure some people have posted they would sleep with their clubs. Some probably have.
Me: Ok, well, it’s just getting weird, so let’s move on.

When all is said and done, with pictures, posts, before during and after, about the equipment, the course, and perhaps, mostly importantly, the people, hopefully everyone in the THP community and beyond will feel like they were there. And people will have watched the ZooCrew go from Boyz 2 Men after we soundly beat them. (Cue music as entire cast comes out for finale). Because if a person is going to have a dream come true, they should share it for everyone in the world to see.

I never had a dream come true
'Til the day that I found you
Even though I pretend that I've moved on
You'll always be my baby
I never found the words to say
You're the one I think about each day
And I know no matter where life takes me to
A part of me will always be with you

I know some say they have had dreams about being in the granddaddy. I haven’t. Most of my dreams are about work, which is really, really boring. So I guess the only way I’ll experience the granddaddy is to be selected to go, or to experience it through the forum while it’s happening, provided the lucky participant engages with everyone on the forum.

By the way, S Club 7 reunited and went on tour back in late 2014. That has nothing to do with engagement during the granddaddy or anything. It’s just FYI for S Club 7 fans.

*Standing Ovation and taking a Bow*

~Rock

Contest: Engagement - The All Expenses Paid Trip of a Lifetime - The 2018 Grandaddy

It wasn’t that long ago, everything in the world revolved around musicals. We had TV shows that were musicals, movies about kids in high school musicals. (cue music playing in your head leading into song). Even today, Broadway garners significant amounts of attention, with the likes of Hamilton and the Book of Mormon.

I see the questions in your eyes
I know what's weighing on your mind
But you can be sure I know my part
'Cause I'll stand beside you through the years
You'll only cry those happy tears
And though I'll make mistakes
I'll never break your heart
I swear
By the moon and stars in the sky
I'll be there
I swear

I’ll be engaged throughout, before, during, and after. Engagement means we are doing this not for ourselves, but for the THP community as a whole. It is All for One. I would want everyone to feel like they are there. And there’s no better way to do that than to just post. Post an update. People LOVE pictures of what’s going. (cue music playing in your head, trust me, you’ll read a few lines forward, then come back to this point, and read the following again with the correct music in your head). And I think THPers would especially like to see that belt come back. And when it happens, there will be some seriously overly choreographed dancing going on, in matching outfits.

Rock your body right
Backstreet's back alright

BOUM, BAU NAU NAU NAU NAU NAU BAU, NAU NAU NAU,

Oh my God we're back again
Brothers, sisters, everybody sing
Gonna bring the flavor show you how
Gotta question for ya
Better answer now yeah
Am I original? (yeah)
Am I the only one? (yeah)
Am I sexual? (yeah)

Me: Wait, whoa whoa, stop the music, what?
Extra peppy actress with hands on hips and head tilted: I don’t know, there were some pictures last year of some dude really getting down.
Me: Yea, ok, whatever. Back to it.

Am I everything you need?
You better rock your body now

And there’s no better Rock than this Rock. Seriously, Dwayne Johnson has nothing on me, except for millions of dollars, and millions of fans. But why does he have millions of fans? Because he engages with them. Remember that story not too long ago that he couldn’t make it to prom with some girl in Minnesota who tweet invited him, so instead, he rented out an entire movie theater for her and her class, and paid for all the refreshments? Yea, engagement. Just reach out. Give a shout out. Answer questions. Take some fun pics. And also, now that I think about it, Callaway is kind of like Dwayne Johnson. (Cue music playing in your head). The way they just take care of it all for those lucky THPers, I mean, the least we could do is bring people along for the ride, and get the excitement up before, during and after the event. Well, that and maybe make sure some thanks are given out.

I see what's happening, yeah
You're face-to-face with greatness and it's strange
You don't even know how you feel, it's adorable
It's nice to see that humans never change

Open your eyes, let's begin
Yes it's really me, breathe it in
I know it's a lot, the hair or the bod
When you're staring at a demigod

So what can I say except "You're welcome"
For the tide, the sun, the sky
Hey, it's okay, it's okay, you're welcome
I'm just an ordinary demi-guy

Yea, I’m a lot like Maui, minus the hair or the bod. But I know the powers that be are looking through all these entries like

(cue music in your head)
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, the right stuff

All I can say is I’m not some new kid on the block. I have the right stuff. I have two HOF tags, and I’m planning to add a third at the granddaddy. And I plan on providing feedback on the equipment, and of course, bringing people along for the experience of it all. Thanks to the kindness of THP and various OEMs, to this day, I provide feedback to relevant questions on the forum. Just today, I let people know how much I like the Puma Soundchucks still for their versatility. I believe I won those Soundchucks in 2015. It was just a question about what bluetooth speakers people use. The feedback and question answering doesn't end just because a month has rolled by, or a year, or 2 years. Use the experience to answer people's questions.

(cue the slower music). And let’s be honest, after a long (yet mind-blowingly fast) day of golf, maybe 100 birdies, and then 10,000 laughs, (mandatory reference for granddaddy entry) the lucky THPers will goto bed, and

I'll make love to you
When you want me to
And I will not let go
Till you tell me to

Me: Ok, what is it with these adult themes?
Same overly peppy actress with hands on hips and head tilted: I’m pretty sure some people have posted they would sleep with their clubs. Some probably have.
Me: Ok, well, it’s just getting weird, so let’s move on.

When all is said and done, with pictures, posts, before during and after, about the equipment, the course, and perhaps, mostly importantly, the people, hopefully everyone in the THP community and beyond will feel like they were there. And people will have watched the ZooCrew go from Boyz 2 Men after we soundly beat them. (Cue music as entire cast comes out for finale). Because if a person is going to have a dream come true, they should share it for everyone in the world to see.

I never had a dream come true
'Til the day that I found you
Even though I pretend that I've moved on
You'll always be my baby
I never found the words to say
You're the one I think about each day
And I know no matter where life takes me to
A part of me will always be with you

I know some say they have had dreams about being in the granddaddy. I haven’t. Most of my dreams are about work, which is really, really boring. So I guess the only way I’ll experience the granddaddy is to be selected to go, or to experience it through the forum while it’s happening, provided the lucky participant engages with everyone on the forum.

By the way, S Club 7 reunited and went on tour back in late 2014. That has nothing to do with engagement during the granddaddy or anything. It’s just FYI for S Club 7 fans.

*Standing Ovation and taking a Bow*

~Rock

All 4 One, Backstreet, Boyz 2 Men, and S Club 7 all referenced in the same post. Wow. ::Slow clap::

All 4 One, Backstreet, Boyz 2 Men, and S Club 7 all referenced in the same post. Wow. ::Slow clap::

You missed the New Kids on the Block reference as well.

You missed the New Kids on the Block reference as well.

Missed the NKOTB, not sure the demigod one.

First off, let me be clear. I am passionate about this game we all enjoy, and I love all aspects of the sport.
After playing the game, equipment discussion is probably at the top of my list. A few years ago, Taylormade asked that I test and review a few putters for
them and post on THP. That experience along with other equipment I have reviewed on THP will be put to good use in my reviews of the equipment and the course at the Grandaddy.

My slightly better than average skills at video creation and editing will come into play as well to bring entertainment and knowledge to the masses.
I have gotten a lot more comfortable using social media, so of course Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube will get a lot of coverage from the event.
I don't have tons of followers on the social sites, so the bulk of the viewers will be on THP, but in my book it's the most important place to be posting, collaborating and engaging.

I can be brutally honest at times so when I review something, you will get my honest opinion. You'll never have to wonder if I am jumping on the band wagon and just adding to the fluff or do I really like what I am discussing or do I down right hate it.
In posting and discussions, I prefer quality over quantity and I'm sure you will notice that this entry is not long winded.

So to keep this short, I would love to be part of the most incredible event in amature golf history and would do my very best to bring home the belt along with engaging as many people as I possibly can....and have one heck of a great time in doing so.

I'm pretty sure that's Moana.
Bingo. I see it nearly daily since i have a 2 year old.

~Rock

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

While I never played the hickory shafts that brought Ely Callaway into the golf industry back when they were already an anachronism, I’ve been around long enough to have grown up on blade irons and persimmon woods. I’ve witnessed a lot of change in golf technology, from clubs shaped by hand to computer-driven design and manufacture. I’ve always had a fascination with product design, the way things are built and how things evolve. I’m a tinkerer and a woodworker who spent a lot of my youth in my father’s metal shop, welding, hammering, soldering and otherwise shaping things by hand and machine. My dad was also the one who introduced me to golf at a young age. I think this kind of background provides a perspective that goes beyond just what works in my hands on the course. I like to know why it works and how it was made. What is the function that follows the form? What are the possibilities and limitations of new materials and manufacturing processes? What do you gain and what do you give up in a particular design, because there are always compromises. This natural curiosity, along with an above-average ability to express myself through the written word (I spent years as a newspaper writer and editor) are attributes that I believe will help me “bring the forum along” on the ultimate golf experience, The Grandaddy (the editor in me has a little problem with this spelling, I must admit). I would welcome the chance to be an “ambassador of information” for those who want to “share and feel like they are there” at The Grandaddy.

Hoping there’s a million entries for this one. Can’t explain how amazing this opportunity is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo. I see it nearly daily since i have a 2 year old.

~Rock

I’m sure you naturally could go on and on.. I’ll just be thinking, “that was just McRock, messin around”

It was definitely good the first 50 times i saw it....
It’s so good. Same boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back