What Would you Pay for a Hole in One?

I wouldn't pay for one, but I am sure I will paying a heck of a bar tab when it does happen...

I have one. It was gawd awful ugly and honestly one of the all time worst shots I've ever topped 50 yds offline toward a par 3. Still, I wouldn't pay squat to have a pure gorgeous one guarateed to me. I'd feel even less deserving of the one I bought than the crapola one I made years ago.

Last edited:
I wouldn't pay for one for myself. I would pay for my Dad to experience one.

Intriguing. Is a hole in one off a rock or thinned iron useless? Hardly earned.

I can say from experience that my "thin to win" 9i hole in one was as exciting as a well struck one would have been, but II'd love to follow it up with one that looked like Cookie's at True Blue.

Intriguing. Is a hole in one off a rock or thinned iron useless? Hardly earned.

I had a friend who had one from 170 yds that never got more than 4 feet off the ground and rolled close to half way to the green. He was excited and rightly so. I guess he earned it even though had it been on a water hole or forced carry hole he would have simply had a lost ball. Timing plays a huge part in one's IMO.

Last edited:
I wouldn't pay to guarantee to have one, I guess I'm in the crowd that wants it to be completely spontaneous. If it does happen I don't care how it happens, tree branch, cart path, OB stake assist as long as it ends up in the cup it counts.

Personally Nothing, if I get one, I get one, if not its something to keep striving for.

Even if I didn't have one the only thing I'd pay for a hole in one are the drinks after for everyone.

$0. Unless it's earned it's worthless.

Can't say it better than this. I came super close last weekend, makes me agree with this even more.

I entered this thread expecting people to give various large sums of money to have a hole in one and am surprised that most say they wouldn't pay for one.

That being said, same goes for me, I wouldn't pay for one. I want to get it all on my own, earned and/or lucky, either way is fine by me. I do like Dan's idea of paying for one for his dad and I'd do the same. I honestly would love him to get one before I do (only if I'm playing with him!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero. I want to earn it. No better cred or rep.

And how about I pay for a dear friend or relative to get his hole in one and when he does, he in turn pays for me so I get to drink all the premium alcohol without passing out and enjoying it.

Last edited:
Never had one in 50+ years of golf, and will probably never get one. BUT if and when I do I will know I earned it and didn't buy it.

$0 - the experience isn't one that should be bought otherwise it's just "fee for service". I've had several and it is more fun seeing your friends react then seeing the ball go in the hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly $0. The times where it's so close are such great moments for me that I'd rather be completely surprised and it be a spontaneous thing.

For me paying for one would take all the fun out of it, its kind of just the surprise that it went in the hole that I want.

Thought I got that surprised totally amazed and rewarding feeling the other day on a chip in, that I got to watch roll up to the hole, then turn, and trickle down like a snake and drop.

If thats what a hole in one feels like then I got the feeling just would be nice to have one happen for me but Its not biggie if it doesn't.

I have had 2 each hole in ones, 7-17-1977 and 11-11-2014. I would not pay for a hole in one per say, I believe I have paid enough already, clubs, balls,shoes, lessons, golf bags....ect...ect..so in my view, I have already paid thousands and thousands of dollars over the years.....lol

I agree with the sentiment that paying for it and knowing it's going to come at some point during the year would lessen the thrill of it. I'm sure I'd still scream and yell like a high school girl at the moment. But the pure unexpectedness of it would be dismissed I think once the initial excitement was over.

Last edited:
I couldn't buy one, it just wouldn't be the same.

No money would ever leave these hands for a phony hole in one.

Someday it will happen for me....I hope.

Back