For those using Align Grips

H8tobogie

MC Team Hackers 2020
Reaction score
Handicap
How do you use the ridge on the back? Meaning, what do you align the ridge with on both your left hand and right hand? I have been experimenting with using the ring and middle fingers on each hand at the second knuckle. This seems to keep the hands parallel, but it seems to be a slightly weak grip. Anyway, I am interested to hear what other do.

thanks!!

I can't feel it much, if at all, with my left (upper) hand. I really only look for my right hand index finger to feel it at the crease in the first joint of the finger.

That being said, I like them, but when I replace them, I'll probably just go with the Tour Velvet. I don't think the Align is worth the extra $.

I am not sure that i can really feel all that well but if it helps even a little it is worth it to me. I tend to locate it my index finger before i set my hand

I agree, it is kind of hard to feel with the gloved hand. I wonder if the golf pride guys could possibly chime in on how they see the pros use them?

I can fee it in my gloved hand. It’s not as pronounced as it is without a glove on, but I can feel it still. I don’t even think about it with my right hand, that’s just folding on over the thumb portion of my left. That to me has always been my right hand reminder anyway

I can fee it in my gloved hand. It’s not as pronounced as it is without a glove on, but I can feel it still. I don’t even think about it with my right hand, that’s just folding on over the thumb portion of my left. That to me has always been my right hand reminder anyway
I don't really think about it either. Just take my normal grip with the grip running their the fingers starting at the base of my left pinkie. Right hand is very similar. The along is a nice reminder when I'm nit right more so than an aid

I've used them and feel the align running down my upper hand across the second knuckles. That said, I don't think the do anything for me; I align more visually. The premium for the align grips isn't worth it in my book. If I were to seek a reminder again, I would likely just put a reminder strip under the tape with normal grips.

I use a fairly thin glove and it helps to feel the Align grip. My keys are pinky first knuckle and pointer 2nd knuckle on top hand. Interlock and pointer 2nd knuckle on lower hand. It helps me keep consistent in at least my grip. Whether it cut strokes or not is debatable, but it feels like home. I have a set without them and don’t like it. Although I do want to try the Tour Velvet Align, they feel more subtle than the MCC and I’m not sure I want that.

Seems like everyone uses the alignment aid differently, which is kind of what I expected. I think I prefer having it more than not having it, but my swing has evolved and it is causing my grip to change somewhat and I think these will ultimately help me with consistency.

Anyway, this pretty much answers my question unless a Golf Pride rep wants to venture over and chime in.

How do you use the ridge on the back? Meaning, what do you align the ridge with on both your left hand and right hand? I have been experimenting with using the ring and middle fingers on each hand at the second knuckle. This seems to keep the hands parallel, but it seems to be a slightly weak grip. Anyway, I am interested to hear what other do.

thanks!!

I much prefer the original Lamkin ribbed grips because they were very pronounced and I could feel the rib in both hands, not so with the Align. I do like them but really only feel the rib with my right index finger (right handed golfer).

I much prefer the original Lamkin ribbed grips because they were very pronounced and I could feel the rib in both hands, not so with the Align. I do like them but really only feel the rib with my right index finger (right handed golfer).

I have not tried those, but will definitely check them out for my next set.

I have not tried those, but will definitely check them out for my next set.

Ah man, they're old. I doubt any even exist anymore. If they do, I'd buy them all up.

*Apparently Lamkin does have ribbed grips. I might have to give them a shot to see if they're similar to the old Lamkin ribs.

Last edited:
Just had two of these installed on my new LAGP shafts. Looking forward to getting to a range this week to try them out. I went with the regular MCC Aligns in black, white, green to match the epic flash

I really don’t even think about the rib and where it fits in hands. For me personally, I don’t get much out of the technology but that’s only me.

Back