Vow renewal at Disney in exchange for a golf trip!

mr.hicksta

Golf->Tacos->Gainz
Reaction score
Over the weekend mrs.hicksta asked about doing a vow renewal at Disney (she's a HUGE fan, I am not) and said she'd pay for a golf trip if I agreed to it. At first I said I didn't care what she bribed me with, but then I got to thinking...that's not a bad deal. So I told her we could do it, and now I'm thinking about potential golf trips. Here's what I'm thinking at the moment in no particular order.

- Bandon Dunes
- Ireland
- Scotland
- Sand Valley Golf Resort

I'm sure there are plenty of other options worth considering, but I wanted to open it up to my fellow THPers! I appreciate the feedback :D!!!

Vow renewal at Disney in exchange for a golf trip!

Wait for the MikeDean441 2019 Ultimate Gathering details before you chose. You’d probably save money and have an awesome time.

I vote Scotland too but just in case you need an alternate plan...
6cfeb324768b97332da63f5586c60c09.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotland.... no doubt

Scotland Don't over think it

If you don't want to leave the state of FL. Hammock Beach is a amazing course.

Scotland for sure.
You have a keeper of a wife for sure. I wouldn't hesitate to renew those vows.
Semper Fi brother.

Over the weekend mrs.hicksta asked about doing a vow renewal at Disney (she's a HUGE fan, I am not) and said she'd pay for a golf trip if I agreed to it. At first I said I didn't care what she bribed me with, but then I got to thinking...that's not a bad deal. So I told her we could do it, and now I'm thinking about potential golf trips. Here's what I'm thinking at the moment in no particular order.

- Bandon Dunes
- Ireland
- Scotland
- Sand Valley Golf Resort

I'm sure there are plenty of other options worth considering, but I wanted to open it up to my fellow THPers! I appreciate the feedback :D!!!

No matter where you pick, hers is gonna cost more. Sorry man.

I’d go Scotland or Ireland. I’m in a similar situation 6 years from now for my 40th in where I wanna go, and it’s a really tough call. There’s excellent golf in both locations, (Carnoustie, The Old Course, Kingsbarn, Turnberry Ailsa, Muirfield) vs Royal Portrush, Royal County Down, Ballybunion, Old Head, Lahinch)

No matter what, you’re gonna have a damn good time. A little googling will give you several websites where you can compare and contrast and get a few quotes on what you want. Then it’s just a bang for your buck kinda thing.

No matter where you pick, hers is gonna cost more. Sorry man.

I’d go Scotland or Ireland. I’m in a similar situation 6 years from now for my 40th in where I wanna go, and it’s a really tough call. There’s excellent golf in both locations, (Carnoustie, The Old Course, Kingsbarn, Turnberry Ailsa, Muirfield) vs Royal Portrush, Royal County Down, Ballybunion, Old Head, Lahinch)

No matter what, you’re gonna have a damn good time. A little googling will give you several websites where you can compare and contrast and get a few quotes on what you want. Then it’s just a bang for your buck kinda thing.

Ha, no doubt and that's why I can't stand Disney :bulgy-eyes:. This won't be happening for a bit and I'm leaning towards Scotland primarily because I'm fairly certain I'll play at Bandon and Sand Valley at some point. I'm going to use my Google Fu to get more details for sure, and I'm hyped about the possibilities!!!

Ha, no doubt and that's why I can't stand Disney :bulgy-eyes:

If you’re going wedding pavilion, it’s not quite as bad as you may think. You wouldn’t need a dress, cake, all that stuff. It’s about the renewal of the words you said at your wedding the first time, not the glitz and glam of an overly expensive one time wear dress, and a cake.

Bam, just saved you a ton of money. Not meant for Mrs Hicksta to see though, that will totally cost you even more money if she didn’t know what the wedding pavilion was. I think I’ve said too much.

I’ve only done Ireland of you list and it’s incredible. That said, you can’t go wrong with you list from what I understand. Danny Le swears by Bandon and my buddy just played Sand Valley and loved both courses and the par 3 course. If you are leaning towards Scotland, be sure to listen to the No Laying Up podcasts from the last couple weeks regarding their Scotland trip. They hit a huge variety and have great advice!

We have excellent courses here in NJ.

*crickets*

I'd go with Scotland/Ireland and I second the idea of listening to the NLU podcasts about their trips or if you really wanted to push it, you could go Down Under for Australia/New Zealand - Royal Melbourne, Barnbougle, Tara Iti. I have no idea about how feasible a golf trip down there would be..contact your local travel agent/Mike Dean.

We have excellent courses here in NJ.

*crickets*

I'd go with Scotland/Ireland and I second the idea of listening to the NLU podcasts about their trips or if you really wanted to push it, you could go Down Under for Australia/New Zealand - Royal Melbourne, Barnbougle, Tara Iti. I have no idea about how feasible a golf trip down there would be..contact your local travel agent/Mike Dean.

If it was happening while I was still stationed in Hawaii then Australia/NZ would definitely be in play since it's pretty reasonable to fly there from here!

Ireland... Ballybunion, Old Head, Waterville, Tralee, Lahinch, the Trump tracks.

Wicked golf.

If it was happening while I was still stationed in Hawaii then Australia/NZ would definitely be in play since it's pretty reasonable to fly there from here!

It's actually free if you have enough leave to spend.

Scotland.

is she saying that she’s going with you on your trip, or is she paying for you to go on a trip with friends?

Without a doubt is has to be Scotland. Your wife needs to put on a class for all of the other THP wives! haha

It's so hard not to say Bandon, it's a near perfect guys golf destination. But on the heels of Ireland last summer I'd go back to the Emerald Isle. Stay in Killarney and drive to an assortment of fabulous course (Waterville, Lahinch, Ballybunion and more)

Overseas sounds awesome but I wouldn't go without my bros.

Tough call.

Yeah an overseas golf trip solo is no bueno!

is she saying that she’s going with you on your trip, or is she paying for you to go on a trip with friends?

She said she’s paying for it regardless!

Sounds like a solid deal there! If you need a playing partner, I know a guy. :D

Back