DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the pace? Nice and crowded?

Hit em well out there guys!

Good times with John again today at the Goose. Sorry G$$$ didn't make it. We tried to hit hit'em well in your absence.

787beabb653f265744f4545046be89eb.jpg

7338404cefb72b0a2f495d4c50883fe3.jpg

Too bad this one nearly took someone out on the next tee box! LOL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Good times with John again today at the Goose. Sorry G$$$ didn't make it. We tried to hit hit'em well in your absence.

787beabb653f265744f4545046be89eb.jpg

7338404cefb72b0a2f495d4c50883fe3.jpg

Too bad this one nearly took someone out on the next tee box! LOL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Never mind that, look at the Joe on that guy!

Glad you guys got out. It was spectacular out there. Got a round in at Compass Pointe. One of the guys in our group commented at one point, "I can't ever recall sweating in December before" ha ha

Glad you guys got out. It was spectacular out there. Got a round in at Compass Pointe. One of the guys in our group commented at one point, "I can't ever recall sweating in December before" ha ha

I can, but that was shoveling snow. This was much better :D

I was actually saddened after my round this weekend knowing that the next round would be cold. Still loved it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was actually saddened after my round this weekend knowing that the next round would be cold. Still loved it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not going to head back into the 40s until the weekend. You can squeeze one or two more round in during the short sleeves weather.

Not going to head back into the 40s until the weekend. You can squeeze one or two more round in during the short sleeves weather.

Hell ... I still wear short sleeves in the winter. :)

So the wife and I are trying to get away while the boys are home from college, so they can watch the dog and the youngest. The first full week in January, a quick getaway to either Amelia Island, FL or Hilton Head. She says she is going to "allow" me to play a few times ... LOL
Haven't been to Hilton Head in years and have never been to Amelia Island. Was wondering if any of you guys have been to either one? Any preference between the two? If you were going, which would you prefer?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

So the wife and I are trying to get away while the boys are home from college, so they can watch the dog and the youngest. The first full week in January, a quick getaway to either Amelia Island, FL or Hilton Head. She says she is going to "allow" me to play a few times ... LOL
Haven't been to Hilton Head in years and have never been to Amelia Island. Was wondering if any of you guys have been to either one? Any preference between the two? If you were going, which would you prefer?

Ummm...whichever one she says she wants to go to?

Ummm...whichever one she says she wants to go to?

She is making sure I want to play at one more than the other. Really? I don't care ... she is letting me play golf while she shops. Good enough for me! I definitely want to play where the pros play at Hilton Head. I think Davis Love has a place there. Maybe I can play a round with him for some drinks? Better bring my check book! LOL

I'm thinking Hilton Head. It probably has more to keep her entertained. Maybe you can get two rounds in then. Ha

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Played at Whiskey creek for the first time today. What a fantastic course. It has million dollar view. It was crazy windy and bit cold today. I just could not swing very well today. Couldnt break 90 but I was happy overall. Only downside was the course was cover with sand from teebox to green, left nice scratches on my club faces. Other than time well spent today. Heading to Maryland National sometime this week.

Another place is Jeykll Island Ga. We went there 10 years ago, and bought a piece of land last year... Jeykll has 4 courses (legend of Bagger Vance was shot on old course) You have St Simon and Sea Island right next door. Downtown Brunswick Ga coming around with renewal. I love the place. You can go to Jeyklll Island Reality and look for houses you can rent right on beach.

Played at Whiskey creek for the first time today. What a fantastic course. It has million dollar view. It was crazy windy and bit cold today. I just could not swing very well today. Couldnt break 90 but I was happy overall. Only downside was the course was cover with sand from teebox to green, left nice scratches on my club faces. Other than time well spent today. Heading to Maryland National sometime this week.
Glad you got out. Playing golf In December!!

we had a great DMV outimg there in October. I'm sure we'll be back again next year.

Glad you got out. Playing golf In December!!

we had a great DMV outimg there in October. I'm sure we'll be back again next year.
Nah we need variety haha

Yes we do, the one we had in late July was great.
I was other wise detained hahaha. But tag your it. Spring fling in Va. Bro make it happen

I was other wise detained hahaha. But tag your it. Spring fling in Va. Bro make it happen
I can do that, it will allow me to get my paper work in nice and early with the wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back