Fairway Wood Off the Deck

I typically don't play it off the deck. The risk vs reward just isn't there for me.

This. I probably use my 4w of the tee a few times a round and off the deck once every few rounds.

I'll hit 3W off the deck a few times a round.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

How often do you play your FW woods off the deck? Are there certain models that you find easier to do this with?
I've always enjoyed hitting 3-wood off the deck and do so whenever it's needed, usually on par 5s.

My current 3-wood is sort of a secret weapon as it's actually a 15° Adams Super LS 1-hybrid. I used to play a Titleist 910F but it was pretty much a fairway only club as it was very hard to hit out of any kind of rough - not so with the Super LS!

Not very often. However when I do, it's more likely my 5w than 3w. These Adams Tight Lies are the easiest to hit off the deck that I've tried so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to hit my FWs off the deck with minimal success, it is one of those parts of my game that needs serious work

Have you tried a low profile 3 wood? Maybe go to a 4 or 5 wood?

Only FW I have in the bag is a 3W. Rarely hit it off the deck. Usually less than once per round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really depends how my swing is on a given day. If Im playing well, I'll give it a whirl. It depends too on the layout of the hole. If I have to fly the ball over something, I probably wont hit a FW because sometimes I dont hit them as high as Id like to, especially if Im concerned about the shot and try to swing harder than I should.

3 wood

3 wood

Once per round at home course on the only par 5 I can hit it on. I am pretty comfortable with it out of a good lie. If the lie is not ideal I back down to 3 hybrid or lay up.
Traded original RBZ 3 wood for Stage 2 because it was flatter on the bottom, better off the deck. Love the club.

Back