The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go check out @BestFansStLouis right now on twitter. Why would anyone want to leave the Cardinals and the best fans in baseball??? Some absolutely disgusting remarks over a trade.

It wasn't a trade and every fan base has these people lets be honest

183M/8 years. An average salary of 23M through the prime of his career (he's 26) seems like a pretty solid deal for the Cubs. I'm a little surprised the Cardinals weren't able to keep him.

Still talking Hayward? That seems up there for him.

See I don't think so. I think he left $ on the table for opt out opportunities. He is the best defensive right fielder in the game has speed and a pretty decent bat that has a good chance to get better. I'm sad to see him go

The Heyward that played for Braves, definitely got overpaid. The Cards version may have been better. I didn't pay attention.

He was a major let down in ATL though

Cueto, in serious talks with the Giants. Upwards of 120 mill . I am a SF fan so I like this move,hope they land it

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Cueto, in serious talks with the Giants. Upwards of 120 mill . I am a SF fan so I like this move,hope they land it

It could be interesting for the Giants. They would have landed perhaps the two most risky high priced FA pitchers in Cueto and Samardzija. If those two pitch up to potential the contracts will be brilliant. If they pitch at the other end of the spectrum the contracts will be anchors on their payroll.

It could be interesting for the Giants. They would have landed perhaps the two most risky high priced FA pitchers in Cueto and Samardzija. If those two pitch up to potential the contracts will be brilliant. If they pitch at the other end of the spectrum the contracts will be anchors on their payroll.
I hear you Frank,I miss the old days of the Giants pitching and strong team. Seems like my Giants and Red Sox are planning on making big moves this off season.

And Cueto is pending a physical . Giants he goes. I like this move

I hear you Frank,I miss the old days of the Giants pitching and strong team. Seems like my Giants and Red Sox are planning on making big moves this off season.

Just out of curiosity how many teams do you have?

Reds fan for life, yo.
Indians fan for life, yo.

Oh they both still suck?

Jays fan for life, yo!

The Scrap Iron of baseball.

I'm not a narrow minded individual in any aspect . It's quite common in fact.

I'm not a narrow minded individual in any aspect . It's quite common in fact.

Never said you were narrow minded. That is why I said I was genuinely curious. 2 Teams in the same division is a bit odd, I was just wondering what teams you root for. Nothing more, nothing less. If you don't want to answer, don't.

Never said you were narrow minded. That is why I said I was genuinely curious. 2 Teams in the same division is a bit odd, I was just wondering what teams you root for. Nothing more, nothing less. If you don't want to answer, don't.
Not odd at all,maybe for the messed up people that may be. But I know many people who are the same. One of my friends likes 4 teams in the same league . I am a fan of the game,players from either past or present which I have formed a bond with these teams.

Not odd at all,maybe for the messed up people that may be. But I know many people who are the same. One of my friends likes 4 teams in the same league . I am a fan of the game,players from either past or present which I have formed a bond with these teams.

For the messed up people? I just find it difficult to root for 2 teams who play each other multiple times per year, but to each his own.

I won't prod any further, but I would say you are in the minority being able to cheer for 2 teams not only in the same league, but in the same division.

Well, my SF Giants just signed Johnny Cueto to 6ys/$130M. Based on how comparable their numbers have been since 2011, Cueto could be a bargain compared to Greinke...

Since 2011...

Greinke: 2.82 ERA, 133 ERA+, 1.094 WHIP, 3.00 FIP
Cueto: 2.71 ERA, 145 ERA+,1.082 WHIP, 3.41 FIP

Maybe it is a Canadian thing? You guys are just nicer than us.

This whole Pete Rose thing is getting out of hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you like to expand on this?

Keeping him out of the hall of fame. It's just plain stupid. It's been 30 years. You've punished him enough. In this day and age with professional sports people killing people and beating the sh#t out of their girlfriends gambling seems like a joke.

Keeping him out of the hall of fame. It's just plain stupid. It's been 30 years. You've punished him enough. In this day and age with professional sports people killing people and beating the sh#t out of their girlfriends gambling seems like a joke.

He broke what was at the time the cardinal rule of baseball. He is a hall of fame player, but he won't ever get in.

Agree 100%.

It's a shame he had to do it, because he is one of the best hitters to ever play.

Same thing with Barry Bonds, different breaking of the rules, but will result in the same end of not getting into the hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back