Quest for the Birdie/Double Eagle...

Elbow Jobertski

Reaction score
Handicap
For some reason I get a perverse joy from making par after hitting a tee shot OB (or losing it or whatever ends in stroke and distance). I'd love to make a birdie that way.

I almost had one yesterday on a short par 5. My fourth/second burned the edge, a hair left and it would have been birdie/double eagle. Tapped in for par.

I had one hang on the lip of a par 4 once, in a previous golfing life. The hole was a 240 yard sharp dogleg around some trees with a small pond in front of the green. The leaky slice I would hit when I tried to kill a 2-iron was the exact shape of the hole. I aced it once... but unfortunately not after double-crossing one OB.

Anyone else have a close call on this? I read about someone on tour doing it on a par 4... but that is about it.

Never even close unfortunaly. I am usually thrilled to walk off the hole with a bogey after hitting one OB.

On a par 5 in a call out against @j4u I drove through the fairway into a lateral hazard. Dropped in front had 230ish to flag and drilled 4 iron to about 6ft and made birdie. Probably the highlight of my golfing career haha

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hit the flag on a short par 5 after hitting my tee shot in a pond. Have never come close with an OB that I can think of.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've made par a few times, never better. My only HIO is on a short par 4 and I'm glad that it didn't require a re-tee. Good luck in your quest, you're gonna need it:)

Par 5, second shot 212 yards. Didn't see it go in, thought the ball was lost and was just about to head back down the fairway to hit another when one of the guys in the group said it was in the hole. First and only 2 on a par 5 for me any my longest hole out.
Never really had anything holed out after hitting it OB. Did make an eagle once after having to play out of bunker backwards because I had no way to advance the ball forward.. Then holed it out from right at 200 yards. Won a nice skin that day on that shot.

I think I'd rather not. Give me a bogey after hitting on OB or losing one and I'm happy. I don't need the coulda, woulda, shoulda thoughts that would ensue with that scenario.

Back