Need shoe recommendations

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
I need shoes that will match the plaid pants in the pic.
I want a white shoe and I'm open to shoes with gray and/or orange in them. Hoping to stick with Puma (to match the pants) or Footjoy (just because I love my Footjoys). Also, hoping for a "classic" style shoe similar to the DryJoys Tour that I'm wearing now. Not sure if Puma makes such an animal, but figured I'd throw that out there.

... and go!

Last edited:
I don't have a solid recommendation but I'd think there is a 100% chance that puma has something in white and orange because of Rickie Fowler. I know some people on here really love Puma shoes but I've never owned a pair myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not white but I have these and they'd sure go with that ensemble!

Discontinued model though, Faas Lite Mesh.

b89333cdd2acc1e84ba824e477254225.jpg

Lots of good options here. Some I've seen before and some I have not. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just piddling with the FJ custom tool:

proslcustom.png

Jeremy, you never told me you owned orange plaid pants !

I think I built that same shoe yesterday. Pricey, but nice.

C'mon now. For a player like you? With those pants, as Mick says, you are a man of wealth and . . . ah, let's just stop there. :laughing:

Jeremy, you never told me you owned orange plaid pants !

They're likely gonna make their course debut at the THP Championship. I was gonna keep that to myself, but I needed advice on matching the shoes. Anyway...

Depending on your size, I think you'd want something like this.

https://www.carlsgolfland.com/puma-...MI47uBvMbc3AIVSLXACh0K0AIMEAQYBCABEgJSRvD_BwE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got 'em! Pulled the trigger just now. With free return shipping and that price, I couldn't pass it up. Hopefully, the 10 fits well enough because the estimated delivery is 08/14/18-08/16/18 so I won't have too much time to try them out and turn them around if they don't fit. Probably should have just ordered both 10 and 10.5 and returned the one that didn't fit.

Got 'em! Pulled the trigger just now. With free return shipping and that price, I couldn't pass it up. Hopefully, the 10 fits well enough because the estimated delivery is 08/14/18-08/16/18 so I won't have too much time to try them out and turn them around if they don't fit. Probably should have just ordered both 10 and 10.5 and returned the one that didn't fit.

Nice. I've never owned Puma so I don't know how true to size they run. I normally wear a 12. I personally think the Nike Roshe G shoes are the most comfortable golf shoes I'e owned. If Puma fits comparably to those I may need to give some a try sometime.

They're likely gonna make their course debut at the THP Championship. I was gonna keep that to myself, but I needed advice on matching the shoes. Anyway...

Ha, I was thinking that these might be a surprise for the 'Ship.

I have the white leather Pumas mentioned earlier in the thread. I wear a 13 and the shoes are a good half-size big. Hopefully, the 10 works out well.

I have the white leather Pumas mentioned earlier in the thread. I wear a 13 and the shoes are a good half-size big. Hopefully, the 10 works out well.

You're saying they'll be big and I should have gotten a 9.5? If so, I'll wait to see how they fit. As long as they're not too small, I can deal with it.

I looked at FJ DNA Helix and Pro SL Boa today at Golf Galaxy. If/when I see a sale on either of those, I think I'll snap up a pair of them. Really liked the feel of both and the BOA system is nice.

You're saying they'll be big and I should have gotten a 9.5? If so, I'll wait to see how they fit. As long as they're not too small, I can deal with it.

I read you buying the 10 and 10.5 as being concerned that the 10 might be small.

Back