Callaway Apex UT Utility Iron

These irons are so enlightening and just smile when this thread pops up. I may actually retire the 24° as my 4I covers that pretty well. The 21° and 18° are in the bag for the long haul though. Such versatile clubs wherever you are.

My director has one of these and crushes it. He doesn't hit much else well, but I've told him he should never try a hybrid again, because he owns this club. I've even thought about one myself for that simple reason.

This club will end up in my bag for the Grandaddy. And I'm almost positive it will be the 21* as it will lead into the long irons perfectly. I wouldn't be surprised to end up with both the 18* and 21* when my fitting is over. These are just silly easy to hit from all different lies

This club will end up in my bag for the Grandaddy. And I'm almost positive it will be the 21* as it will lead into the long irons perfectly. I wouldn't be surprised to end up with both the 18* and 21* when my fitting is over. These are just silly easy to hit from all different lies

I gave up on the 21* I had WAYYYYYY too early. I was SOLID in every way, except how I wanted it to perform, which was off the tee. I think with some more effort on my behalf, I could've still gamed it happily. I regret getting rid of this thing, maybe I will look into getting one again.

I gave up on the 21* I had WAYYYYYY too early. I was SOLID in every way, except how I wanted it to perform, which was off the tee. I think with some more effort on my behalf, I could've still gamed it happily. I regret getting rid of this thing, maybe I will look into getting one again.

I know someone with a 21* that might be available in a few weeks. Maybe he can give you a deal too good to pass up

I know someone with a 21* that might be available in a few weeks. Maybe he can give you a deal too good to pass up

Hopefully that guy is alerted, as I am interested!

The 21° is my favorite of the three I use. The 18° is perfect for when driver won't fit or a long approach on a par 5. Hardly use my 24° but it's there and ready.

These are so much fun.

Hopefully that guy is alerted, as I am interested!

Haha if one ends up in my grandaddy bag the one I have now is up for grabs

The 21° is my favorite of the three I use. The 18° is perfect for when driver won't fit or a long approach on a par 5. Hardly use my 24° but it's there and ready.

These are so much fun.

The 21 is the perfect yardage for me and I wasn't expecting it to be. I figured it would be a 4i replacement but it ended up replacing my 5w. I hit it a few times on par 5 approaches and it's just an easy club to hit

I just got my 18* in the mail and I really look forward to getting out and using it. I was playing the Srixon U45 18* but I really like the feel of the Apex UT. Should be a great club for my game.

Tagged for my thoughts later as the 21* made it into my granddaddy bag. I was hitting this really good on the range but didn't put it into play much on the course.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

The 21 is the perfect yardage for me and I wasn't expecting it to be. I figured it would be a 4i replacement but it ended up replacing my 5w. I hit it a few times on par 5 approaches and it's just an easy club to hit

I echo this feeling. I have the 21* and 24* and they are real easy to hit and launch up in the air. I use the 24* as a 4i replacement and the 21* as an off the tee club on tight fairways or long approaches over 225-235 range. The 18* would be a nice addition to bridge the gap between the driver and the 21*. But debating that or a hybrid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I echo this feeling. I have the 21* and 24* and they are real easy to hit and launch up in the air. I use the 24* as a 4i replacement and the 21* as an off the tee club on tight fairways or long approaches over 225-235 range. The 18* would be a nice addition to bridge the gap between the driver and the 21*. But debating that or a hybrid

During my fitting at ECPC the UT's couldnt compete with the XR Hybrids i was hitting. And it wasnt even close. I was absolutely shocked

During my fitting at ECPC the UT's couldnt compete with the XR Hybrids i was hitting. And it wasnt even close. I was absolutely shocked

Yeah I know that XR hybo is a beast. Could fill that gap. If I can find something to fill that 235-250 distance i would be all set at the top.

Yeah I know that XR hybo is a beast. Could fill that gap. If I can find something to fill that 235-250 distance i would be all set at the top.

How far are you hitting the 21* UT?

How far are you hitting the 21* UT?

Right now it's my 225-230 club. 235 if I step on it

Right now it's my 225-230 club. 235 if I step on it

Ok thats right where i was with it. My next club up was either going to be the XR 3H or 816 5 wood. Both are more forgiving and were easier to hit for me than the UT 18*. I went with the 5 wood because it had a higher peak height and made holding greens easier from 250

Ok thats right where i was with it. My next club up was either going to be the XR 3H or 816 5 wood. Both are more forgiving and were easier to hit for me than the UT 18*. I went with the 5 wood because it had a higher peak height and made holding greens easier from 250

Yeah looking back at your posts I think you and I are distance wise are pretty close on most clubs in the bag. You're game actually was the reason I went 56/60 at the bottom as opposed to to 54/58 with the MD3's. Definitely going to hit some 5W and see results. Just not a huge FW guy. I prefer hybrids. But my fitting yesterday opened my eyes so I'm open to trying anything.

I'm so happy I finally get to tinker with a 21*/recoil, I've always had a soft spot for iron/hybo combos like this, my first hybrid looked very similar way, way back in the day when I started, I think it's still in my sister's bag.

I'm curious for those that have gamed them, anyone use a head cover on it to keep it nicer longer or just leave in the bag like an iron?

Leave it my bag like an iron. The Bennington 12 is a bit different though and keeps my three seperated.

I've been considering adding the 18 degree iron to my bag. Anyone know if new models are on the horizon? I'd hate to spend 200+ and something new come out soon.

I can't speak to anything new coming down the pike, but if you watch ebay you can pick them up well under $200. If I recall correctly, I snagged mine for $125 shipped.

I'm so happy I finally get to tinker with a 21*/recoil, I've always had a soft spot for iron/hybo combos like this, my first hybrid looked very similar way, way back in the day when I started, I think it's still in my sister's bag.

I'm curious for those that have gamed them, anyone use a head cover on it to keep it nicer longer or just leave in the bag like an iron?

I've always wanted to put a recoil in one of my irons so look forward to seeing what you say about this combo. I just might this with my 21 degree.

These are surprisingly easy to hit off of the deck... I was not expecting that especially out of the 18* that I was fooling around with.

I've always wanted to put a recoil in one of my irons so look forward to seeing what you say about this combo. I just might this with my 21 degree.
Got prototype recoil 95 f4 in my 24 right now, the club is absolutely solid, I liked the club with Tour V but with the recoil it's just very stable and feels like I can really go after it.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Back