Super Stroke Counter Core Technology

I have one in my TM Spider and loved it. I don't have one i my EXO. I've been considering putting one on it. I've really struggled with putting my last couple of rounds so I'm close to getting it done.

When I first bought my Cleveland HB#1 I played 9 holes with it and swapped it out at the turn. I hated how it felt because to me the head just felt really heavy. Fast forward a little bit and everything about my putting has changed. I suddenly found a 35” putter to be too long for me and the only thing I had shorter was the HB#1. I decided to try one of the countercore grips to see if it would change the feel enough to make me like the putter.

I now have 2 Scottie’s and an O-Works #7 for sale. That grip change made a huge difference with how the putter felt and reacted for me. My putting is better then ever.

Yesterday I hit my approach shot just a little fat on one of the holes and had about 8 ft to the front of the green on an uphill slope. The lie was very tight and I just felt I could putt closer then chip even though the flag was no less then 30 feet away and there was a bit of side to side action with the green going on. I took my read and set up for what I hoped would be a good close lag putt. That didn’t quite work that way. I read the green perfectly and my speed was also dead on which I attribute quite a bit to the feel of the putter. I watched that putt roll just as perfect as could be and die dead center into the cup.

Simply put, it changed the feel of the club enough to make me take it out of my storage bag and make it my go to gamer over clubs that cost 2-3x as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thinking about this over the weekend as I've considered putting this on my EXO. One of the points Superstroke says is the it helps reduce face rotation. If someone uses the countercore with a toe hang putter/arc stroke, does the countercore actually sort of defeat the purpose by limiting the arc of their swing?

Interesting, but I would want more weight options. Even 25g seems a little too much IMO.

Just thinking about this over the weekend as I've considered putting this on my EXO. One of the points Superstroke says is the it helps reduce face rotation. If someone uses the countercore with a toe hang putter/arc stroke, does the countercore actually sort of defeat the purpose by limiting the arc of their swing?

For me the answer is no. My stroke is now more of a constant arc (I have the Marksman S) and it has helped take out the extra wrist movement that I had that was causing an unsquare face at impact.

I really like this grip, but on my putter. Question for THPers using it though. Have you struggled with any durability? The weight on mine became loose because it appears as though the plastic ridges inside that hold the screw in place "strip" rather easily. Essentially this is making the weight portion useless and I had to remove it.

I really like this grip, but on my putter. Question for THPers using it though. Have you struggled with any durability? The weight on mine became loose because it appears as though the plastic ridges inside that hold the screw in place "strip" rather easily. Essentially this is making the weight portion useless and I had to remove it.

I’ve had two superstroke putter grips in my golf “career” and they have both all but disintegrated. Weirdly the swing grips have been among the most durable for me.

Had one of these on the OWorks and it was the worse of the two.

I’ve had two superstroke putter grips in my golf “career” and they have both all but disintegrated. Weirdly the swing grips have been among the most durable for me.

Had one of these on the OWorks and it was the worse of the two.

Yeah, I am not thrilled with that aspect.
The S-Tech swing grips, do last a while, but I struggle with them in any sort of humidity. The Cross Comfort I do find has strong durability compared to the Winn. My issue there is it feels a bit "torquey" if that makes sense. Im going to give one more try to the Counter Core, as I have one more sitting here, but this thing was put on less than 3 months ago and the weight was changed all of 2 times, for the filming of this video.

Yeah, I am not thrilled with that aspect.
The S-Tech swing grips, do last a while, but I struggle with them in any sort of humidity. The Cross Comfort I do find has strong durability compared to the Winn. My issue there is it feels a bit "torquey" if that makes sense. Im going to give one more try to the Counter Core, as I have one more sitting here, but this thing was put on less than 3 months ago and the weight was changed all of 2 times, for the filming of this video.

I would be interested to try again as well because I like the feel. I wonder now since I have a bag with a separate putter well they might not get as beat up. I’m usually carrying a bag with a 4 way too for weight.

I have one in my HB#1 and have had no issues with it. I have not changed the weight since getting it out on but I have played a lot of rounds and it’s in great shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I get annoyed with SuperStroke grips in general, I've had a countercore in play for quite a while. I have the flatso model on one of my old putters, and the pistol on two of my Toulon's.

I've yet to see the weights strip and loosen, but in general the grips wear and look dirty quickly. The Toulon edition grip is holding up the best, but that's because I totally baby that (Grandaddy & Garage) putter.

As much as I get annoyed with SuperStroke grips in general, I've had a countercore in play for quite a while. I have the flatso model on one of my old putters, and the pistol on two of my Toulon's.

I've yet to see the weights strip and loosen, but in general the grips wear and look dirty quickly. The Toulon edition grip is holding up the best, but that's because I totally baby that (Grandaddy & Garage) putter.

I think the earlier versions didn’t hold up as well as the newer ones. Not sure if they changed how they were made, but I’m not seeing the discoloration or even wear from the Pistol GT Tour piel I did from the legacy putter grips.

The frustrating part is how they seem to get dirty quicker and not look as new as I would like. I use the Pistol GT Tour and it seems to have held up pretty good, but I’m pretty diligent about wiping it down and keeping the dirt off of it.

I haven't changed the weight since getting mine, and other than that, the grip is holding up just fine for me. Got mine early August I think, so maybe about 15 rounds plus practice on it.

Back