Super Stroke Counter Core Technology

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Quick 10 second clip showing how it works. Have you tried it? What are your thoughts?

I’ve demoed some putters with those grips. Felt ok, good results. I haven’t given it a real trial though.

That video had to have taken a while.

I tried one upon initial release, not for me as I couldn't get the weight I wanted/needed. Very good option for many tinkering with CB though.

Love the countercore grips. GTR Pistol is excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought one, tried it, hated it. Not to mention when dropping the putter on the green I could hear the weight vibrating inside the shaft. Cool video though

Have been using one for about a year or so and love it. The weight is great. The feel is awesome. Everything from my lag putting to the short 5 footers has improved thanks to this grip. Only dislike is that the Arccos 360 sensors won't work with it due to the unqiue countercore. Have heard that SS and Arccos are working on a solution though.

dont think Ive tried one yet, at least not that I know of

Bought one, tried it, hated it. Not to mention when dropping the putter on the green I could hear the weight vibrating inside the shaft. Cool video though
Hahaha, I know the noise you speak of!

A lot of people get that, but mine never seemed to have the issue.

For me, I really like it. It's worked insanely well for me when I use it, which I didn't think would happen as I hate CB putters. unfortunately I'm bipolar when it comes to putter grips and switch way too much.

Many years ago I tried a weighted end cap on my irons, don't know why I didn't stay with it because they really felt good. Never tried it on a putter, it would be interesting.

I have those in both of my putters and love the added weight. Helps it feel more stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it...been playing with the pistol grip for going on a year now.

Most of my clubs have been back-weighted and almost every putter is. Two have cores in them and I WISH I could adjust them. This is something I need to look into. Very cool video too!

I have some form of Super Stroke on 3 putters at home, one currently with a counter core installed. I think it's a neat way to dip into the CB configs without having to buy an entire putter. Like anything, it won't be for everyone, but I'm a fan of options, so I hope they continue producing them.

I have a longer length counter core grip that I put on my Toulon.

I really wanted to recreate the setup that I have on my Tank Cruiser #7, with the longer counter balance grip, and the weight in the butt end.

It is a good concept, in terms of customization for weight preference, but unfortunately it just doesn't work for me when I have the weight in it. I end up playing it with just the plastic plug in the handle. It just feels strange for me with the weight, and I get a bit of a twang sound from it if I tap the head on the green (the weight reverberating in the shaft).

I think where it would really shine is with a proper fitting, and plenty of tinkering, to get the proper weighting/setup for your preference.

Most of my clubs have been back-weighted and almost every putter is. Two have cores in them and I WISH I could adjust them. This is something I need to look into. Very cool video too!

Thanks. I enjoy doing Stop Motion and this was done at their HQ a few weeks back. The hilarity that came from doing it with the team there made the entire thing a lot of fun.

Well, the weight should not reverberate in the shaft. That's odd. Been counterbalancing for almost 20 yrs, that hasn't been an issue, and it was not an issue with the SS CounterCore in my putter shafts - make sure it's in and tighten it. I've used it in a couple of putters without issues. While they arrive in 50g weight, sometimes that is not enough, and for $10, you can purchase the 75g weight.

The issue I have with SS Putter grips is the material. If it's hot and sweaty on the range, and then putt, I forget it. Rosemark is great in the heat, GP is great, other grips are great in the heat. SS? Does not like moisture. On the course, I don't sweat as much. So it may not be an on-course issue. But it's bothersome when practicing.

As to the CB, 50g is not a lot - but the rod is about 6 inches - so it does go down the grip, which is great. If you need to slow down your tempo or hands, the 75g may work for you, or 50g may work. Some may want a quicker tempo, so hands and putter hand stay together during the stroke. Good luck.

I tried it right after they came out, and I wasn't terribly impressed with how badly it rattled in the end of the shaft. I think its a great idea, but it wasn't for me.

Hahaha, I know the noise you speak of!

And me !

My mate tried it the other week, dropped it on the floor and told me “I think the head is loose on that”

I've found I putt better with counterbalanced putters (currently using a SS countercore grip). A friend had counterbalanced irons and they didn't feel right to me but it could have been a swing weight issue

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Can someone explain exactly what the CB is is supposed to do? I thought it was intended to make the putter swing lighter by moving the CG closer to the hands a small amount. Is this a correct assumption?

I just got a new putter and had it built with Counter Core. The one I demoed in store felt really good and I didn't want to mess with it. I also can't wait for Arccos to have a solution for these, I took apart my putter sensor to attach it myself, but something official (and tested more) would be much better.

I don't have the SS counterbalanced grip system, but I do have a 100g weight in the butt of my putter. In concert with the 200g of extra headweight in the putter head (two 100g tungsten weights) my putter is basically the weight of a small sledgehammer. If I ever get the yips with this thing, I'll give up the game.

Can someone explain exactly what the CB is is supposed to do? I thought it was intended to make the putter swing lighter by moving the CG closer to the hands a small amount. Is this a correct assumption?

That's the gist of it.

I have been putting much better with my 3.0 with 50g weight than I was with my 3.0 nonweighted grip. For me I feel less pendulum effect at my wrists and more like my arms and putter are all one from my shoulders all the way to the clubhead which helped quiet my hands and I have a more fluid swing.

Like others I hear and feel the weight vibrate when the grip it smacked or dropped but it remains still and quiet during all other regular use so doesn't bother me. And I pulled the weight out just to confirm that's what it was.

All in all I love it.

Let me take a shot at it ... if your hands are ahead of or behind the putterhead - they've moved out of synch during the stroke, you may want to experiment with CB - the hands and putterhead should stay in synch - it may be a tempo issue. Years ago, I thought it just steadied the hands because of the weight - if steady means slow down, then perhaps that's okay. If you're too quick, a heavier weight may help; too slow and maybe a lighter weight. I thought it would make the hands less nervous (yippy). No, that wasn't it. Reading posts over the years from putting instructors, I have the sense they are used to help you find your natural tempo so putterhead and hands are in synch. Hey, I may be completely off-base, but it makes sense now.

Back