Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Attachments

• 6748BD36-6632-45C8-83AF-265630FC5919.jpeg
    6748BD36-6632-45C8-83AF-265630FC5919.jpeg
    315.8 KB · Views: 0
We have a thread on this event

Since it is a grievous transgression, delete this post.

Its fine man. No worries.

As I've said in another post, this is gluttony to the Nth degree. Make it a 100% charity event. No appearance fees. No purse. Just raise money for a good cause. Then after it's said and done, have BOTH competitors match the donations with their own money. That'll get me to watch. Otherwise, it's just another money grab, which they don't need. Another example of why professional athletes are so revered and think they are untouchable. It's sickening.

As I've said in another post, this is gluttony to the Nth degree. Make it a 100% charity event. No appearance fees. No purse. Just raise money for a good cause. Then after it's said and done, have BOTH competitors match the donations with their own money. That'll get me to watch. Otherwise, it's just another money grab, which they don't need. Another example of why professional athletes are so revered and think they are untouchable. It's sickening.

I'm fine with this as entertainment. Asking them to both put their own money into it (for charity, of which they both give a lot to anyways) for our entertainment is something that just isn't going to happen. Asking them to put the purse entirely into charity is also unreasonable. Sure it would be great if they did. My actions in youth golf charities should speak for itself. If I was as rich as either one of them, I'm sure my giving would be ramped up a notch (or 20). But if I were either of them, I'd feel a certain amount of joy spending money I won beating the other.

"Hey Mrs Lefty, Tiger is buying our dinner tonight"

"Hey Ms (whatever TW has going on here right now), Lefty is buying this dinner for us".

I agree on principle but no matter how rich they are, it's their money to do whatever the 'ell they want with. They're both fairly generous. Let's just enjoy this for what it is. If it actually happens.

agree 100% all for charity. They are rich believe belief and do not need or want for anything.

agree 100% all for charity. They are rich believe belief and do not need or want for anything.

To be fair, I believe they both want for more Major titles.

Back