The state of your game?

I need more practice, especially with the short game tip I got recently. There's just this thing called life that keeps intruding.

Inconsistency is the name of the game for me right now.....I can go out one day and shoot 82 and the next and shoot 102....and the 102 will usually end up just being 5-6 really bad holes!

Played with MikeG and Jank this weekend.....5 pars, 8 bogeys and 5 Triple or worse

Back on track a couple lessons combined with some focused practice and then playing Sunday shows I'm back on the the right track to getting to my goal. I have to stay focused this yr and not get side tracked.

My game is going down hill fast. The last 2 times out it took me 6 holes to make it look like I've swung a club before. Granted it is December golf so I don't expect much.

Ball striking is better than ever. Short game is a C-. Been spending a lot of time on it lately and it is starting to pay off! I truly believe I will be shooting under par next year. I committed myself to 7 local tournaments in 2016 and told myself I would give 110% to win these.

Extremely inconsistent pretty much sums it up right now. Struggling to put 3 great shots in a row right now.

I'm getting better at relaxing through my swing, and getting finish-position focused rather than impact focused. Being able to relax a bit more through impact is helping me get tension out of my hands, leading to higher shots with my irons and straighter drives. I'm still not there yet, especially with alignment, but I'm having fewer brutally bad shots. Hopefully the mercurial weather swings my way often enough this Winter that I can get out and continue to work on things, but I feel like I can finally start to put it together and shoot some lower scores, continue to drive towards that sub-10 index I keep dreaming about.

Peaking at the worst possible time hahaha. But I love it.

Dude it was fun to watch. I could have caddied all weekend and had just as much fun.

Some things seem to be coming to fruition. Working on a specific aspect of the game is starting to show some payoff. It is the most important thing to me to have down and deeply ingrained. When it is there, it will affect my entire game.

I can't wait to play again, played over thanksgiving and didnt play with this beautiful weather, but really looking forward to next year.

My putting and swings in my basement feel really really good and I haven't been this excited for a golf season in three years

I haven't lost a ball in a month. The course has been closed since early November.

Found new move - start the downswing by planting the left heel. Lost drive.

Peaking at the worst possible time hahaha. But I love it.
I was just about to pop in here and say the same thing, I feel the most confident in my game right now than I have in quite some time and my season is probably about over, hopefully Neb and I can get out this weekend if the weather warms up a tad and the rain/snow we've gotten dries up a bit!

I was just about to pop in here and say the same thing, I feel the most confident in my game right now than I have in quite some time and my season is probably about over, hopefully Neb and I can get out this weekend if the weather warms up a tad and the rain/snow we've gotten dries up a bit!
So you're saying I should avoid a big money match with you? I hope we can get out, I just want to swing my clubs again and spend some time reliving memories from the grandaddy with a good friend.

After lowering my handicap to the best its ever been, the last two weeks have been horrid. From hosel rockets to chunking and topping iron/hybrid shots. I have no idea what happened.

I left a message to book a lesson from a local golf shop that has a launch monitor. Hoping they can spot what is going on and get my game back in the right direction before it gets too cold to play.

It was an up/down season but overall very productive. Started at a 23.2 cap and made my way down to 17.

All kinds of improvement across the board this summer. I'm quite happy with the progress.

Trending in the right direction but with plenty of work to do. Putting and chipping are largely unchanged over the year and that needs to change to get into the single digit handicap range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After having a couple of rough rounds, but finishing the last 6 holes I've played even par, I been scratching my head what I changed to right the ship. I think I figured it out. I think the first 30 holes my swing became results oriented and was breaking down mid swing worried about where the ball would go. The last six holes I got back to and execution based swing and got back to knowing that if I put a good swing on the ball it would go where I wanted it to. It was a night and day difference. I just have to remember to trust the swing and stay in the swing. It's there, I just have to trust it.

Revitalized

Improving I believe

Lost off the tee but hitting irons decent. Should probably go play a par 3 course to solve that issue

It's been over a month since I've played so I've no idea lol. Hoping to go whack some balls tomorrow night before I have an indoor fitting Saturday

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Revitalized

Mine is evolving. I have goals now for 2016 and I'll be damn if I'm not meeting them. Thank you #TheGrandaddy for lighting a fire under me to get better

Mine is evolving. I have goals now for 2016 and I'll be damn if I'm not meeting them. Thank you #TheGrandaddy for lighting a fire under me to get better

Yes sir! My 2016 goal is to get to a 5 handicap. And I have the bag that makes me want to play and get better

Back