Are You Captain Material?

I honestly don't think I would be a great captain. I am a great teammate but not a captain. I like to control only what I can control and let me actions show for themselves.

I think I am. I would relish the chance to lead a team to victory. Its a whole new, fun challenge to bring a group of folks together and try to inspire them/us to do their best. Would be an amazing blast

A bump for the Newest Regional Rivalry group. Want to reconsider your entry?

There are some great guys involved in the last Rivalry of 2016. I wonder who will wear the title of Captain.

I think about this often since it was announced and if a captaincy was to come my way I'd be the best capt I could be, I know I have the passion for hard work and success and I truly believe in people, most of the time more than they believe in themselves.

I'd play in this for anyone though, I've been in the greatest golf Hangover for 2 years

Last edited:
I think I would make a good Captain.
I agree 1000%
Well as GM I led a staff of 60 each day. I realized each person has different goals and is motivated by different things or some are not motivated by anything. Trying to find a way to keep them from holding the rest of the team back is always one of the biggest challenges. Then putting the best team members in position to lead on the field and let the others follow their examples. It would be very similar in captaining a team.

So yes, I think I would be a good Captain.
I'll stick with this answer.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I think about this often since I was announced and if a captaincy was to come my way I'd be the best capt I could be, I know I have the passion for hard work and success and I truly believe in people, most of the time more than they believe in themselves.

I'd play in this for anyone though, I've been in the greatest golf Hangover for 2 years

You would be a fantastic choice in my opinion and the Carolinas team would rally around you.

There was a time I thought I was a good captain.. I've lead hockey teams but I tend to be the "leave it all on the ice" kind of guy. Seems like with golf/THP, there has to be a more casual approach, Whether it's about personal development or forum interaction... Otherwise you're the bad captain and people stand against you.

So, I guess I don't know. It's a very, very hard thing to adapt to less than you as a captain define as 100%. I think if I did it again, it'd be 100% about the fun. Handicaps do an awfully nice job of accommodating that.
I think you're going to knock it out of the park in December.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

This is tough I like to think I would make a good captain moreso by allowing people to be themselves and driving them to succeed in more than just the sport in front of us than being the type of captain that would hammer practice and technique down peoples throat. While practice and hard work is needed in my mind allowing people to find themselves while guiding them along the path is just as important.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think about this often since I was announced and if a captaincy was to come my way I'd be the best capt I could be, I know I have the passion for hard work and success and I truly believe in people, most of the time more than they believe in themselves.

Marc you would make a great captain. No doubts in my mind at all.

Probaly not. I'm a very competitive person. I feel that I'd probably drain the fun out of a competition for myself trying to micro manage everything about the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc you would make a great captain. No doubts in my mind at all.

As would you Ron, I'd play for you in a minute because I know you'd be outstanding.

I would make the worst captian imaginable.

I think about this often since it was announced and if a captaincy was to come my way I'd be the best capt I could be, I know I have the passion for hard work and success and I truly believe in people, most of the time more than they believe in themselves.

This is tough I like to think I would make a good captain moreso by allowing people to be themselves and driving them to succeed in more than just the sport in front of us than being the type of captain that would hammer practice and technique down peoples throat. While practice and hard work is needed in my mind allowing people to find themselves while guiding them along the path is just as important.

Seriously, the Carolina's would be in great hands with either of these two guys.

I think I would make a good choice as captain. Bringing the team together, letting everyone do their thing while keeping the goals of the team in mind. Being open and free with the team to talk and express their opinions and being open to feedback and criticism and making necessary adjustments

I think I would make a good choice as captain. Bringing the team together, letting everyone do their thing while keeping the goals of the team in mind. Being open and free with the team to talk and express their opinions and being open to feedback and criticism and making necessary adjustments

I'd play for you.

I think I would make a good captain, I've done it before, I'm pretty competitive but I can balance the competition with the fun, and I have horrible motivational sayings that really lighten the move and get people relaxed and playing their best.

There is so much to being a captain. Selflessness, humility, knowledge about the position as it relates to the game, position or scenario. There has to be a love for the game as well

I have seen all types of captains each with their own style. Each great in their own way and each had different outcomes.

I know guys on both sides of the newest RR that could do a great job. And I hope they look to the past captains and take pieces of their styles. I know I have and I feel better for it. I always thought I'd take a different approach than I have in my short time. But I have to say after watching Jman handle the last year was remarkable. After playing for Jake I had a renewed vigor for the game. Seeing how war eagle tangled with his team and really brought a winning formula. Seeing 441s approach and his quiet wisdom. Deandec playing against a stacked dec and just being a pro about the whole things. Wardy and his bulldog with a soft touch approach. And now Canadan, who has grown so much since his last post as captain. I take not only pieces of their style but pieces of their personality to create what I hope is a winning combinations. Whom ever gets the nod, look at the great ones before you and make it better!

I think so. I've been an assistant golf and football coach with decent success. To me it's always about knowing your players-strengths, weaknesses; knowing the opportunity for success for players; pressure vs encouragement; but ultimately creating the change to reach potential and have fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At this point in my life, I would make the worst possible captain. Moreover, I have no desire to assume such a role. Over most of my professional life, I assumed the responsibility to direct and have directed others toward a common business goal. I am now nearing retirement and all I want now is to enjoy life and just have fun. Assuming a leadership role in any form is the last thing on my current personal agenda.

I'd play for you.

I think I would make a good captain, I've done it before, I'm pretty competitive but I can balance the competition with the fun, and I have horrible motivational sayings that really lighten the move and get people relaxed and playing their best.

i would have you on my team any day. You have an attitude that in infectious and no matter how bad or good things are you are smiling and happy. Having played with you I would play for you too.

There is so much to being a captain. Selflessness, humility, knowledge about the position as it relates to the game, position or scenario. There has to be a love for the game as well

I have seen all types of captains each with their own style. Each great in their own way and each had different outcomes.

I know guys on both sides of the newest RR that could do a great job. And I hope they look to the past captains and take pieces of their styles. I know I have and I feel better for it. I always thought I'd take a different approach than I have in my short time. But I have to say after watching Jman handle the last year was remarkable. After playing for Jake I had a renewed vigor for the game. Seeing how war eagle tangled with his team and really brought a winning formula. Seeing 441s approach and his quiet wisdom. Deandec playing against a stacked dec and just being a pro about the whole things. Wardy and his bulldog with a soft touch approach. And now Canadan, who has grown so much since his last post as captain. I take not only pieces of their style but pieces of their personality to create what I hope is a winning combinations. Whom ever gets the nod, look at the great ones before you and make it better!

If given the chance to captain the DMV RR team I would for sure reach out to many of the ex captains. There have been some good captains from last events I have met or had the pleasure of talking with but haven't met and each had their way of approaching things and I enjoyed following events they captained and how they went about it.

Well said my brother.

Bump this and say

JDtox
MikeDean441
T2GRN
mpeterson
ddec
lightningbolt

You six are captain material. Fantastic.

Bump this and say

JDtox
MikeDean441
T2GRN
mpeterson
ddec
lightningbolt

You six are captain material. Fantastic.
They did an outstanding job, 3 very successful and awesome events

You didn't deviate from this mindset and it paid off in spades. Even your pep talk prior to teeing off was all about just playing loose, playing our game, and enjoying the moment.

You were encouraging every step of the way too. I was thinking about this today, on Friday at RNK for my second shot on #2, when I asked you if I should go for the fairway off the deck and cut the ravine. You responded with a "nothing ventured, nothing gained" answer and I went for it and succeeded. Turns out I needed that shot in the first round. Hadn't hit a FW off the deck for a year or more and based on your encouragement it became a go to shot.

That's captaining.

Back