Do You Use The Bag Drop

Do You Use The Bag Drop

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like to not leave mine unattended. I don;t even like to leave them outside the pro shop, or outside the restaurant or outside the snack stand in the cart or when I have to go to the rest room. I get this nervous feeling when I am at the course and I don;t have my hands on them...

Never use them outside of the courses that valet park.

Depends on the course. Most of times I carry it myself. I dont like other people touching or looking at my bag. Lol.

I like to review my bag before I head to starter area etc. You just never know if you forgot something that you'll be needing.

I don't get this. It's not like you can't still go to the cart and get stuff out of your bag.

Most places I play let you take the cart out to the parking lot, so I usually leave the clubs in the car and pick them up after checking in.

Most of the local public courses I've played allow this. Private or resort type courses usually don't. When it's allowed I always leave my clubs in the car until I've paid and gotten my cart, then I go out to the lot and load up. After the round I do it in reverse.

Not a putdown at all, but a very good question. At my previous home course, I generally already had them on the cart by then, and it would be parked by the putting green which is very visible from the pro shop.

Other courses, I generally try to get them on the cart as well before going in. That won't prevent a random golfer from taking something, but the odds of theft there versus leaving them out by the unattended bag drop are much less, I believe.

Thinking that it's harder for someone to steal your driver or putter (the most common club thefts) when it's on a cart is just fooling yourself. When my clubs are on a cart, I try to park it in a spot where it's very visible. I like to park it in the area where the starter works, then stop and talk with him to make myself familiar to him. That is usually a good way to ensure that my clubs will not be touched.

I also look for anyone loitering around. A thief is likely to watch you head into the pro shop, then just walk over and slip a club or two and walk off. They are really quite brazen, and rarely caught in the act. The course I worked at has security cameras all over the clubhouse area and parking lot. We had a few thefts during the 5 years that I worked there, and although the guy was often caught after the fact because of the video footage, they were almost never nabbed in the act, even when the cart or trolley was parked right in front of the door to the pro shop.

In answering the poll, I said yes, but I'll qualify that statement. I use the bag drop if it's attended, or if I come to the course with someone else and one of us can watch the bags while the other parks the car. I've only played a few courses with a real bag drop with an attendant that takes the clubs and immediately puts them on your cart.

However, while I try to take some precautions, I'm not paranoid about it. If some jerk decides that he really wants to steal my clubs he will probably find a way to do it, and I'll be pissed, but I'll also see it as an opportunity to upgrade.

I do but we always have 2 to 3 attendants waiting to either load you onto a cart or your push cart so there is little fear of someone walking off with the sticks.

Yes, but only at nicer courses and a longer walk from the parking lot. I will also drop the clubs at courses that basically assign carts by tee time and load them up.

I only have clubs and a range finder. Not too worried about losing stuff. Lots of other things to worry about. People stealing golf clubs... Not so much.

My Navigator was stolen from my front yard. The guys opened my bag and only took a pack of crackers. Everything else was left intact when I recovered my car.

Never unless it happens without me knowing. I had a crappy experience a few weeks ago at Indian Wells that reinforced why I don't.

Tell me more, I had a great experience at Indian Wells, I dropped my clubs with them round/day 1, round/day 4 I had them back, during my stay they kept them clean and stored

Really depends on the situation. I'm not above lugging my stuff around. Also don't like to have my sticks out of my site due to some scum in the world.

I will only use it when it's a requirement. Drop your bags off with a course attendant and he installs on the cart. However if there is no bag attendant I will not use it. I will either drive the cart out to get it or carry it up with me and leave it in plain site while paying. Or I will pay first then go back to the car to get my bag. It all depends on how crunched on time I am in the last 2 scenarios.

If I'm at the club and don't have to fiddle with my club setup or put more balls in the bag, I'll pull up and drop them off before I park as long as my car's not in the way; otherwise, I'll park and carry my bag over myself. If I'm at an outing, I'll drop them, but if I'm at a random place, I'll park first and carry them over.

Nope never. Seems like more of a hassle than just parking and walking it. Plus I don't want to leave my bag unattended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back