Best Public Course In Your State

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone asked me this the other day based on the states I have lived and thought it would be a good discussion for THPers. What is the best course in your state. Now it must be either public or resort to qualify, since the ability for others to play it should be considered.

Resort just saved my answer.

Hammock Beach Conservatory

That's a tough one for Georgia.

Including resorts really changes the game. I'd probably say Sea Island.

That I have played? Streamsong Red

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Since moving to TN I have played a couple nice courses but probably no where near the best in the state yet , But of those we have played here The links at Kahite is going to be hard to beat .

Resort makes it easy in Indiana. Has to be the Pete Dye Course at the French Lick Resort.

I would have to say Boulder Creek. That is only because I haven't played any course in various areas in and around Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a tough one for Georgia.

Including resorts really changes the game. I'd probably say Sea Island.

I agree with this post!!

Longaberger I believe gets rated highest in the state. Stonelick Hills down by Canadan is really good. Shaker Run is up there as well. Hopefully I will find out how good Boulder Creek is this summer with my Ohio brothers.

The two best in the state are probably Bulle Rock and Whiskey Creek. I prefer Whiskey Creek of the two.

For me it's Glen Mills, although I'd like to get to Nemacolin and Bedford Springs at some point to compare.

Longaberger I believe gets rated highest in the state. Stonelick Hills down by Canadan is really good. Shaker Run is up there as well. Hopefully I will find out how good Boulder Creek is this summer with my Ohio brothers.
Shaker has been downhill for a long time. Isnt even worthy of top 20 now. For me its either longaberger or boulder

Never golfed Longaberger. Boulder Creek or The Quarry would get my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffalo Ridge for MO

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Bandon Dunes

Resort just saved my answer.

Hammock Beach Conservatory
I can't wait to add this to my list of courses in April.
I know it was good by looking at it, but best in the state has me even more pumped

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Shaker has been downhill for a long time. Isnt even worthy of top 20 now. For me its either longaberger or boulder
Personally I like Shaker and can't comment on Boulder as I haven't been there. If you haven't played Stonelick you really should. Great track in my opinion.

Personally I like Shaker and can't comment on Boulder as I haven't been there. If you haven't played Stonelick you really should. Great track in my opinion.
I have its a great course as well. I lived down in that area for 5 years and played all the piblic and most of the private courses...some solid golf down there

Need to dig a bit more in IL, but would definitely include Cog Hill #4.

Back