Northern, Nj, NYC, Westchester and Long Island, Ny

Played the black course yesterday, excellent condition. A couple GUR bunkers, but other than that, everything is a-ok. Greens were running fast and I wound up having a lot of three-putts.

Played the black course yesterday, excellent condition. A couple GUR bunkers, but other than that, everything is a-ok. Greens were running fast and I wound up having a lot of three-putts.

Nice!! Playing Bethpage tomorrow....not sure which course yet. What's the walk-on course for the month?

Why do I get the feeling that bunkers being GUR @ the Black is a good thing?

Why do I get the feeling that bunkers being GUR @ the Black is a good thing?
:clown:

Nice!! Playing Bethpage tomorrow....not sure which course yet. What's the walk-on course for the month?
Not sure what you mean, you can walk on any course. It's the wait time that will get you.

:clown:

Not sure what you mean, you can walk on any course. It's the wait time that will get you.

isnt there a course that's typically just for walk ons? Meaning you can't make a reservation and it's usually rotated every month or couple weeks. What was weird is the reservation system said yellow was the walk up course for April...but it let me make a reservation. Oh well I'll find out in an hour lol.

What kind of shape are the Bethpage courses in

There are some bunkers that are still being working on, but other than that, everything is in optimal condition.

With that said, I am playing the red this weekend if anyone is interested.

The courses were aerated this month. I played the green on Monday, which was done the first week of April....and is already pretty much back to optimal. Haven't played the yellow or red since they were aerated (last week). The Blue course is freshly aerated since it was closed and just done on Monday. Other than the aeration the courses are in great shape and the rough is already getting pretty long.

Has anyone played South Shore yet? Weather permitting I'm scheduled to play on Saturday.

I did play Bethpage Red last week. The course I think was aerated @vweeks ago the greens are in great condition.

Has anyone played South Shore yet? Weather permitting I'm scheduled to play on Saturday.

Played on Saturday. Course was in really good shape for 7 days of rain. Was raining for the first 8 holes we played too.

Greens were slow as expected but no problems with puddles anywhere on the course.

Has anyone played Hudson Hills? I would love to know your thoughts.

Has anyone played Hudson Hills? I would love to know your thoughts.

I've played there multiple times since it's only about 10 minutes from my house. The only courses I play more often are Mohansic and Centennial. However, I'm not a huge fan of the course. It's a little gimmicky. It provides a good challenge but I find that I lose a lot of balls on blind shots that I thought would be in play. I'll play it about 2-3 times a year because I feel it does really help sharpen my tee game but I find myself getting frustrated when I think I hit it in the fairway on a blind tee shot and I can't find it. I'll tee off with a new ball like I do for every round but after that it's all used balls from there on out. The course has always been in good shape whenever I played there. One other thing; the par 5 7th hole is the worst designed hole I've ever played in my life. I'm not going to crush the course over one hole but did feel the need to mention it. Overall, I'd say it's not a bad course to play here and there but definitely not a course I'd play at on a regular basis even though it's very close to where I live.

Side note; there is no driving range. Just a mat with a net near the putting green that you can warm-up by hitting a few if you like. I personally have never used it before.

If you want to play it let me know and we can meet up. My post probably comes off harsh but it's still a course I do play and should say that when playing well you can score. I did shoot a 38 on the front once, one of my best 9's ever.

Last edited:
Next Saturday, May 21st I'm playing Richter Park with JBJGolf and Brianmk. We're looking for a 4th, anyone interested?

I've played there multiple times since it's only about 10 minutes from my house. The only courses I play more often are Mohansic and Centennial. However, I'm not a huge fan of the course. It's a little gimmicky. It provides a good challenge but I find that I lose a lot of balls on blind shots that I thought would be in play. I'll play it about 2-3 times a year because I feel it does really help sharpen my tee game but I find myself getting frustrated when I think I hit it in the fairway on a blind tee shot and I can't find it. I'll tee off with a new ball like I do for every round but after that it's all used balls from there on out. The course has always been in good shape whenever I played there. One other thing; the par 5 7th hole is the worst designed hole I've ever played in my life. I'm not going to crush the course over one hole but did feel the need to mention it. Overall, I'd say it's not a bad course to play here and there but definitely not a course I'd play at on a regular basis even though it's very close to where I live.

Side note; there is no driving range. Just a mat with a net near the putting green that you can warm-up by hitting a few if you like. I personally have never used it before.

If you want to play it let me know and we can meet up. My post probably comes off harsh but it's still a course I do play and should say that when playing well you can score. I did shoot a 38 on the front once, one of my best 9's ever.

thanks for info. I think I am going to pass playing Hudson hills. We should play Centennial sometime.

Next Saturday, May 21st I'm playing Richter Park with JBJGolf and Brianmk. We're looking for a 4th, anyone interested?
Can't make it this weekend, but I'm in any other time!

Going to be in Strong Island for work this week. If anyone is interested in an after work/twilight round, let me know!

Edit: Staying in Melville

Last edited:
thanks for info. I think I am going to pass playing Hudson hills. We should play Centennial sometime.

Definitely. Although I only play on weekdays there. I'm not paying those weekend rates, haha.

Going to be in Strong Island for work this week. If anyone is interested in an after work/twilight round, let me know!

Edit: Staying in Melville

oh man...I'm playing 18 tomorrow morning at either Bethpage or Sunken Meadow. Not avail twilight the rest of the week. Could have went to the range with you this evening/tonight if had known earlier. I'm right near Melville

Definitely. Although I only play on weekdays there. I'm not paying those weekend rates, haha.

Yeah, 129 is a lot! Centennial is on teeoff.com as well as GolfNow and their DealTimes looked reasonable last year.

Playing Richter Park in Danbury, CT tomorrow at 1:36 with Brianmk and JBJGolf. Would be great to fill out the group. If your interested let me know.

Back