Grandura Shafts Review Thread

Just cought up no THP Radio. Its unfortunate these shafts will no longer be available. Crazy because there has been some pretty darn good reviews here. I still want to try a 530X

The crazy part is someone from a different company said to me 2 weeks ago, "it was one of the best shafts we tested".

it is always sad to see a company close its doors, even worse when the company is doing something legetimately different.

I would still love to try one of these shafts

The crazy part is someone from a different company said to me 2 weeks ago, "it was one of the best shafts we tested".

Wow, That's like adding salt to the wound! It Truly is unfortunate. Unthought they had something good going. I always envisioned though that Grandura would catch on like the HZRDUS currently has. At least that was the direction I thought they were heading.

Wow, That's like adding salt to the wound! It Truly is unfortunate. Unthought they had something good going. I always envisioned though that Grandura would catch on like the HZRDUS currently has. At least that was the direction I thought they were heading.

Late to tour with a finished product.
But they were moving in the right direction. Sales were solid, product was solid. Tour testing was heavily involved. But when the parent rids the other two brands almost immediately, you know whats coming.

It's a bummer they closed up shop, some business decisions made by VC and PE leave you scratching your head and this sounds like (from the THP radio podcast) to be one of them. Still would like to swing one someday, will have to keep a close eye on the marketplace and eBay.

if and when these get unloaded at discounts I highly recommend checking them out. definitely one of the more unique shafts I've tested from a feel perspective but it was tough to argue with results. ill be sure to keep an eye out for a 590 s flex or two, definitely 1 for fairway and maybe another for driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if and when these get unloaded at discounts I highly recommend checking them out. definitely one of the more unique shafts I've tested from a feel perspective but it was tough to argue with results. ill be sure to keep an eye out for a 590 s flex or two, definitely 1 for fairway and maybe another for driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto, sad to see them go, still would love to try one out, I'll keep an eye out on eBay.

It's a bummer they closed up shop, some business decisions made by VC and PE leave you scratching your head and this sounds like (from the THP radio podcast) to be one of them. Still would like to swing one someday, will have to keep a close eye on the marketplace and eBay.

Ray, I'm sure we'll meet up at some point this year and if I'm still playing this shaft (530 stiff), you can take as many swings as you want with it.

Damn that's really a bummer they're gone! Makes me appreciate getting to try one even more. I still enjoy mine and will likely play it for awhile to come.

Ray, I'm sure we'll meet up at some point this year and if I'm still playing this shaft (530 stiff), you can take as many swings as you want with it.

That's awesome of you. Thank you!

Disappointed I never gave these a go. I know several locals guys had them and never took a swing. Definitely will be keeping an eye out for these.

Late to tour with a finished product.
But they were moving in the right direction. Sales were solid, product was solid. Tour testing was heavily involved. But when the parent rids the other two brands almost immediately, you know whats coming.
Sorry to hear that! Grandura shafts were, ARE, fantastic! Really surprised to see that they dropped a product that is so good.

This news is a bummer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Announcement

Grandura had a brief interruption in service and is not done as of yet. They have done a small factory move and will continue to manufacture the same shafts that THPers have enjoyed and were the first to test out.

This is great news as the company continues to have testing done on tour and the product itself stands on its own in quality.

Announcement

Grandura had a brief interruption in service and is not done as of yet. They have done a small factory move and will continue to manufacture the same shafts that THPers have enjoyed and were the first to test out.

This is great news as the company continues to have testing done on tour and the product itself stands on its own in quality.

This is really good news.

Announcement

So they are still going to be around? I can't remember a company that has had this type of roller coaster ride so early on. While it is great news, a big part for me was the people that were behind the brand. If they are gone, it makes the product somewhat different to me.

So they are still going to be around? I can't remember a company that has had this type of roller coaster ride so early on. While it is great news, a big part for me was the people that were behind the brand. If they are gone, it makes the product somewhat different to me.

Not all are, and despite the brief interruption, they appear (as of now) to be able to continue. In the end I view it as choices are a good thing, especially with a high quality product.

Really glad to hear that!

the quality is absolutely there. i encourage people to try these out, but leave ego at the door and don't be afraid to drop back a flex. "that grandura shaft was too whippy for me," signed- no one ever.

Announcement

That is great news!

Glad to see this. I have not had the chance to hit any of their shafts, but was hoping to this year. Couldn't believe that they were finished before I could even try them out. Hopefully, now I might have the opportunity to experience Grandura.

Great news. It will be interesting to see how that "roller coaster up-and-down" like Dean said, is going to affect overall viability/credibility of the company. I think the product speaks for itself and the original folks who gave us those early interviews are amazing but Will the average consumer still want to invest in a product with a shaky beginning? For me, I want to test the heck out of a 510 or 530

Great news. It will be interesting to see how that "roller coaster up-and-down" like Dean said, is going to affect overall viability/credibility of the company. I think the product speaks for itself and the original folks who gave us those early interviews are amazing but Will the average consumer still want to invest in a product with a shaky beginning? For me, I want to test the heck out of a 510 or 530

I can't see a way the average consumer would know anything about the back office instability. definitely an odd thing, but the product is fantastic.

I can't see a way the average consumer would know anything about the back office instability. definitely an odd thing, but the product is fantastic.

I sure hope it doesn't. But the wonderful coverage THP has had AND the rave reviews most members have given these shafts I can see why that would not be the case.

But let's say it does get out. Will that affect? And IMO outside of THP and thier website they haven't done a whole lot and are still low on the radar from marketing standpoint to the general public (Tour aside). This may be a good thing for them so if they ever do ramp up business they can take that into account for any future marketing campaigns.

Just a thought but I could be totally off here. I'm looking at the bigger picture not just within THP for them. But like I said above this in no way affects me and I still want to try these shafts in a bad way!

Back