cbaker2882 v Pringles - Unofficial THP Callout + Bridgestone Contest

CBaker

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Welcome THP, to the just outside Chicago THP Callout between cbaker2882 and Pringles taking place 8/10/18. The contest here will be for a couple sleeves of the new Bridgestone BXS golf balls for guessing the correct winner. Tiebreaker will be for total distance of combined long drives between us.

Tale of the tape:

cbaker2882 - Playing around a 7.5hc right now trending 7.2. THCE custom shaft creator.

witb:

Driver - Callaway Epic
FW's - Callaway Rouge SZ 13.5 and XR16 pro 18
Hybrid - Callaway 815 Alpha 20*
Irons - Srixon z765 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey 48/54/58
Putter - TM Myspider

Pringles - playing to a 5hc right now and always big hitter (and former Grandaddy participant)

witb:

:callaway: - Epic Sub Zero 8* Driver w/ HZRDUS T1100
:callaway: - Rogue Sub Zero 15* Fairway Wood w/ Even Flow Black
:callaway: - X Forged UT 18* w/ KBS $-Taper
:callaway: - X Forged Irons (4-9) w/ KBS $-Taper
:callaway: - MD4 Wedges (45*, 50*, 55*, 60*) KBS $-Taper and DG S400
:odyssey: - Toulon Garage Austin/San Diego/V-Line Fang CH - (who knows what he will bring out!?)

the course:

Bolingbrook Golf Club - Bolingbrook, IL

courselayout.jpg

D02265_BGC_Scorecard_INSIDE_FINAL.JPG

D02265_BGC_Scorecard_OUTSIDE_FINAL.JPG

Will most likely be playing from the Blues.

Contest:

Pick the winner - and for a tie breaker, tell us what the total distance will be combined between each of our long drives of the day.

Game: Match play - straight up (because I'm bold)

We'll use this as an update thread to keep up with the happenings.

There it is, and we hope you enjoy following along.

I’ll take Baker and go with 657 yards

Oh man.......... Im gonna have to think on this one for a little bit

I will go with Baker and guess 649 yards.

This will be a fun follow.

I'll go with Pringles and 634 yards.

Tooouuugh Course - No Trees - Pure Links!
Going Pringles and 625 yards.

We'll be teeing off around 3pm CST, and entries will lock once first hole score is posted!

I'll go with pringles in a close 1.

total distance of best drives...578 yards

I gotta go with my boy Colin on this one! and 574 yards. Have fun guys!

Think this will be a close one--

I'll take Pringles and combined distance will be 565

Gotta go with my boy Pringles... he is on some sort of roll recently and I got to see first hand!

LDT- 601

Oh man a little Gauntlet rematch. Looking forward to teeing it up with my boy Colin again at an awesome course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pringles. In awe watching him hit the golf ball on Friday. Have fun out there fellas!

617 yards

Pringles. In awe watching him hit the golf ball on Friday. Have fun out there fellas!

617 yards

Him hitting it can get exciting haha.

Good luck and have fun guys - Pringles FTW 589 is my guess.

giphy.gif

Pringles FTW! I'll go with 637 for the combined drive distance. Have fun fellas!

I'm with pringles on this one. He was the first THPer I met at the Illinois topgolf meetup and was my partner that helped us take home the victory.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I’m going to take the (current) underdog and say Collin is going to squeak out the victory, and y’all are going to bomb it 690 yards combined.

Have fun boys!

Pringles 546

I'll go with Pringles with total driving distance of 591. Enjoy the course, I live 5 mins from BGC, love that course!!!

cbaker combined long drives of 574 yards.

Both good dudes here so not a wrong answer, but with that being said, I do know why they call him Nick da Stick so...Nick it is. Tie breaker - 825 yards. Don't laugh, I've seen it.

I'm going with Pringles (because Grandaddy) and total boom town distance of 611 yds.

Thanks and have fun, guys!

Oh wow this is a tough one to call. Both great guys and both really good players. Is Pringles still in the Gathering groove? I haven't seen Baker in some time golfing. So I am going to have to go with recent memories. Pringles 637.

Back