You have 1 hour and $300 to buy any off the rack putter what do you buy?

clarkgriswold

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
So if you were handed a gift card for $300 and just have 1 hour to decide on any putter what do you buy and why? Caveat here is you have to buy a production putter and something that is currently available. No eBay Scottys or 1993 xyz, has to be something you can order right now for $300 or less.

I’d go with the Ping Vault 2.0 b60, been thinking of switching back to ping and have tried this out a few times and really liked it.

Probably the Odyssey Red ball since I’m pondering it lately.

I'd do the Bettinardi 2017 Studio Stock SS3 34 inch available new from TGW for $299.94. But I don't have a $300 gift card, so I won't.

Easy. Odyssey O-Works Red Marxman S 33".

I'd grab a Jailbird Mini S.

Mine O works Fang

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

my gamer. oworks 7s. sheer perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An Evenroll mallet of some sort.

Easy. Odyssey O-Works Red Marxman S 33".

Ditto!, the Marxman is an amazing putter. Miura KM-007 collects dust in the closet while the Marxman lowers my index.

Take your wife to dinner with the change. :D

Honorable mentions: Evnroll Er2 or Odyssey O-Works #7

Pretty easy decision right now, Toulon Atlanta. I really want one of those.

Taylormade Spider

Odyssey in some #7 variation with superstroke counter core grip in 34”

O-Works V-line fang or TM Ardmore 3 black copper.

So if you were handed a gift card for $300 and just have 1 hour to decide on any putter what do you buy and why? Caveat here is you have to buy a production putter and something that is currently available. No eBay Scottys or 1993 xyz, has to be something you can order right now for $300 or less.

I’d go with the Ping Vault 2.0 b60, been thinking of switching back to ping and have tried this out a few times and really liked it.

I have played a B60 for 20 years so you know what I would pick!!

PING Men's Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Stealth Putter w/PP60 Grip
PING Sigma G Tyne H Putter w/PP60 Grip

The $30 one and keep the extra $270 to take my wife to the Open Door Restaurant in Niagara Falls. Then give the $30 putter to a charity fund raiser.

If I can pay the difference in cash, probably an Evnroll ER8, to be an ever so slight change of pace when my ER2 acts up.

If it has to be a putter that retails for $300 or less, probably a black Spider or a black copper Ardmore 3.

Yup gotta be $300 or less retail. If you want an older model, then walk in to your local Dicks sporting goods, they’ll be happy to sell you a 6 year old putter at retail :).

I was thinking of what a realistic purchase would be at the high end, rather then someone just going straight for the limited edition, 1 offs or putters people would collect vs actually game.

TM Black Copper Ardmore 3

Odyssey EXO Seven Putter
Love the look and love the feel.

Cleveland TFI 2135 Elevado at 33.5". Rolled one about a week ago and was thoroughly impressed.

Back