New England Members

I really want to play that course once, but this has been a bit of a refrain from folks I've talked to - course is just a bit tricked out.

If I'm spending that money I'm probably going to Pinehills.

I'll be your huckleberry

What 9's did you guys play? I played the Granite and Milton last Fall and can definitely relate to taking penalties.
Same nines for us today.
I really want to play that course once, but this has been a bit of a refrain from folks I've talked to - course is just a bit tricked out.

If I'm spending that money I'm probably going to Pinehills.
I feel the same about Pinehills.

Golf in MA in December where you don't need 4 layers? I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What 9's did you guys play? I played the Granite and Milton last Fall and can definitely relate to taking penalties.

We played the same nines.

Thanks to MBurnham for being good company today. I'm not sure that either of us will ever play Granite Links again...just a few too many blind shots and too penal for me in spots, to be honest. Add that to the pricetag and it's not all that appealing.

Ya man it was a good time. That course it's really hard. I can't imagine if the fescue was grown out. Can't complain about playing golf in mid December though.

Change of plans for Tuesday..my buddy pulled some strings and got us a 10:00 tee time at TPC Boston. I've been to PGA event there but never played the track. Most definately won't be playing from the tips. Probably the black's which measure 6400.

Change of plans for Tuesday..my buddy pulled some strings and got us a 10:00 tee time at TPC Boston. I've been to PGA event there but never played the track. Most definately won't be playing from the tips. Probably the black's which measure 6400.

Awesome! Just seeing the course in person during the DBC is great, envious that you get to play it. A good friend of mine got to play it last year and said it was one of the best times he's had on a course. Enjoy it.

Played a round at old Scotland links today. Shot an 88 hungover as hell. Feeling pretty good about my game heading into TPC Boston Tuesday. I'm sure the course will humble me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The New England Series run by the NE PGA already has some of their 2016 schedule out. They run 1-day amateur tournaments at private courses around the area, this slate looks pretty nice and they will likely add more tournaments as it gets closer to next golfing season. The membership price is $25 off if you register for it prior to New Year's Day. I've played the events at TPC Boston and Essex in the past, it's a fun time. I'd love to play Myopia Hunt next year, that place is supposed to be special. Eastward Ho is also on my list of places I need to get to at some point.

2016NESInitialSchedule.jpg

NEW YEARS DAY SCRAMBLENew Years Day scramble tournament. Last year we had 40 players brave the cold weather. I myself am hoping for some snow but in case there is no snow throwing out this idea. For those interested in playing on New Year’s Day 2016 we will have a 10am shotgun start. Cost per foursome will be $40 this will include green fee, cart fee and prizes. If interested please reply back to this message.

At Newton Commonwealth. MBurnham and I are planning on playing. Let me know if anyone would be interested in rounding out the 4some.

The New England Series run by the NE PGA already has some of their 2016 schedule out. They run 1-day amateur tournaments at private courses around the area, this slate looks pretty nice and they will likely add more tournaments as it gets closer to next golfing season. The membership price is $25 off if you register for it prior to New Year's Day. I've played the events at TPC Boston and Essex in the past, it's a fun time. I'd love to play Myopia Hunt next year, that place is supposed to be special. Eastward Ho is also on my list of places I need to get to at some point.

2016NESInitialSchedule.jpg

Shelter Harbor would be another cant miss course on that list..

Wow, that's quite a list. Can I join? Of course I have a place in NE. I'd do TPC, Myopia and Eastward Ho in a heartbeat.

Anyone thinking of playing this weekend? It's going to be 40ish Sunday but looks sunny

Anyone thinking of playing this weekend? It's going to be 40ish Sunday but looks sunny

i am thinking so, south coast region. if you would like a heads up i can message you

So who is ready for THP Regional Rivalry with New England?

I'm definitely ready.

Depending on logistics, I'd be interested. I've played about 15 rounds in past 3 weeks. Body's a little tired.

I'm ready. Been thinking about this since it was announced. New England is going to put together one competitive team.

i am thinking so, south coast region. if you would like a heads up i can message you

Thanks for the offer but don't think I can make it down that way - I'm up by NH, and probably can only get 9 in.

Hey guys - it probably comes to surprise to nobody that I've been doing some research in this thread. One thing I've noticed is that there some guys who are in here that aren't Albatross members - if you're interested in Regional Rivalry, that'll need to change.

If you haven't been to an event before, it's one of the best times you'll have, and it's not every year we've got one we can probably drive to.

Hey guys - it probably comes to surprise to nobody that I've been doing some research in this thread. One thing I've noticed is that there some guys who are in here that aren't Albatross members - if you're interested in Regional Rivalry, that'll need to change.

If you haven't been to an event before, it's one of the best times you'll have, and it's not every year we've got one we can probably drive to.

The best money you guys will spend

I guess I should become an Albatross member then aye...

Back